2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

8 minutes ago, gobills said:

Do you think the 22s will be 2500 more?  Everything else will be up in price next spring.

He was more concerned with getting stuck with a 21 after the season has ended, without even being able to hit the trails till the 22s are already out lol 

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

My son got the call on Friday that his 21 Can Am Commander XTP was in and would be ready to be picked up this week, was supposed to be in early to mid May. Dealer said if you don't want it we'll refund your deposit and have a customer that will deliver $2500 cash in person to you to take your unit.  The guy is meeting up with my son this week, likely already has. My son told them to keep the deposit and roll it into a 22 XTP for spring delivery.  He's already had similar offers on his Mach that's apparently in and awaiting DESS and gage, but he's keeping that. He held onto his 19 Freeride till the Mach's in his hands just in case, if all goes well he'll do good selling that within the next few weeks since he bought it pre covid.  

1 hour ago, gobills said:

Do you think the 22s will be 2500 more?  Everything else will be up in price next spring.

54 minutes ago, Nutter said:

He was more concerned with getting stuck with a 21 after the season has ended, without even being able to hit the trails till the 22s are already out lol 

The '22s will definitely be more money, and I'm sure there will be delays with the 22's also...

Same can be said for sleds.  Imagine picking your snowchecked '22 sled up, almost a year later after you ordered it, and now technically it's a year old, and the new '23s will be revealed.  

• Like 2

Here is a prime example.    This was Day 1 on our Gaspe trip in 2020.   Buddies Backcountry died - took it to dealer they told him it was blown up and they couldnt touch it for 2-3 weeks.   It gets loaded up in the trailer and buys this Summit from a different dealer so he can continue on.   The best/worse part is that he took the "blown up" sled to his local dealer to get fixed as it was still under warranty and it turns out that all it needed was 2 spark plugs.    

EA4F3DFC-536D-411B-BAC8-2E29A7C6339E.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Here is a prime example.    This was Day 1 on our Gaspe trip in 2020.   Buddies Backcountry died - took it to dealer they told him it was blown up and they couldnt touch it for 2-3 weeks.   It gets loaded up in the trailer and buys this Summit from a different dealer so he can continue on.   The best/worse part is that he took the "blown up" sled to his local dealer to get fixed as it was still under warranty and it turns out that all it needed was 2 spark plugs.    

EA4F3DFC-536D-411B-BAC8-2E29A7C6339E.jpeg

Note to self, stay away from that dealer, good story though....

On 11/29/2021 at 4:09 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Both ads no longer active.  Possibly sold that quick

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The sudbury one was somewhat reasonable,  but the other one was smoking some seriously good stuff..

My phone showed up saying ad not available, but had a summary of it.  The one ad had stated he paid 31 for it, and would not sell for less than $5g profit, or he would ride it.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:28 AM, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well he has figured that out and won’t just let me transfer the contract to someone else. Says I have to buy it outright and then I can do whatever I want.  

Sounds like your dealer should see the last sale ever from you.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Domino said:

Sounds like your dealer should see the last sale ever from you.  

As someone who has been on the dealer side of the desk, I wouldnt let anyone assign their Snow Check to anyone in todays market either for a profit. 

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

As someone who has been on the dealer side of the desk, I wouldnt let anyone assign their Snow Check to anyone in todays market either for a profit. 

What happens off paper is none of the dealers concern.   By the dealer denying their customers, it can only have a negative effect.   They probably are within their rights, but it about the relationship with their, now former, Customer.  IMHO 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Not doing it for a profit, doing it to help my buddy out who’s Yamaha was cancelled. 

Thats totally different than the guys who are speculating and trying to make a profit.    

Most contracts have written in the fine print that there is "no assignment" of the goods to another buyer without approval from the original seller - but no one reads the fine print.   

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@RAMSOMAIR,easy way to do this.  take the sled,  pay for it,  turn around and sell to your buddy. Problem solved. Screw the dealer, seems like the dealership is quite the place.  Never return to that dealer. Easy as 1 2 3...

Problem is there is a lot of sales tax on a Mach Z which makes it pretty cost prohibitive to "flip" to your buddy.   

Just being Devils Advocate here, BUT unless you have a bill of sale with your name, the VIN to the unit and the sale price, with any additional terms such as assignment, the dealer owns the product.   The dealer can do with it what he chooses.   I always say that if it isnt on the contract, it never happened.   

I have a new C8 on order and I did have the dealer write on the bill of sale that I can assign the contract to anyone before date of delivery just in case I choose not to take delivery of the car when it finally arrives.   

22 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Problem is there is a lot of sales tax on a Mach Z which makes it pretty cost prohibitive to "flip" to your buddy.   

Just being Devils Advocate here, BUT unless you have a bill of sale with your name, the VIN to the unit and the sale price, with any additional terms such as assignment, the dealer owns the product.   The dealer can do with it what he chooses.   I always say that if it isnt on the contract, it never happened.   

I have a new C8 on order and I did have the dealer write on the bill of sale that I can assign the contract to anyone before date of delivery just in case I choose not to take delivery of the car when it finally arrives.   

Good points to make about bill of sale. The buddy has to understand reality when it comes to taxes. That dealer is just trying to be a greedy $&*&$...

This really shouldn't be rocket science...IMO...

Its a bit of a dick move that your dealer wont let your buddy just take the Mach at the same terms that you bought it for.    My dealer told me that he has had a few of his customer post their Mach Zs on Kijji before they have even arrived and are trying to flip them at a substantial profit.    He said he will not participate in that type of sale.   I dont blame him one bit.   

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Sounds like sleds are now showing up without Smart Shocks,  Machs and XRS'S...Good year to get out, and liquidate with Covid pricing happening....

die.gif

Do NOT like the sounds of that

Well my week-long window just closed that BRP had said mine would ship, without my dealer getting any notification.  Godammit...likely means delayed.  Have to wait till Monday for an update.  The Zoo Crew are leaving Boxing Day for either northern Ontario or Quebec, man I'm gonna be one hateful Santa if I'm stuck here.

I'm not sure going forward if I would buy again in the spring...

The dealer I bought from has quite a few new all assembled units in the showroom waiting for their buyers.

I did not see any with missing shocks or gauges, however the Mach they have there is missing an ecu and that is it (I inquired).

Makes we wonder how many of the sleds are guys like me that just assumed sled was not in yet, not bugging the dealer based on all the reports you are reading and once contact is made, you find out the sled is there & ready to go.

Thought it was kind of odd they never called me to tell me it was ready, but not complaining at all.

I asked the dealer how many they sold this year, he told me 200 units, usually have a dozen for the showroom, but of course not this year.

I sure do feel extremely lucky to have mine when reading all the updates about many that do not.

I really hope all that are waiting, get their rides soon!

• Like 1