2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

Would anyone be surprised if they do not go for that or close to it.....

People's sleds are not ready, Dec is a few days away, emotions are going to start flaring soon and desperate times, calls for desperate measures.....sledders are a different breed.

How many times have you heard stories of guys on trips having a major failure and buy a new sled sitting on the showroom floor at a local dealer.

I was there to witness a new yellow sled bought in Hearst on Valentines day.  There was lots of grovelling with the boss back home.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I was there to witness a new yellow sled bought in Hearst on Valentines day.  There was lots of grovelling with the boss back home.

I know I personally have mentioned this myself on trips years ago, as well some of the guys I rode with - never had this happen to me though thankfully, but a couple of guys over the years had to resort to rentals.....

The folks I used to hear stories this from on a very regular basis doing this are the American sledders that came here to ride on trips, that had failures, so a new ride was in order.

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

I know I personally have mentioned this myself on trips years ago, as well some of the guys I rode with - never had this happen to me though thankfully, but a couple of guys over the years had to resort to rentals.....

The folks I used to hear stories this from on a very regular basis doing this are the American sledders that came here to ride on trips, that had failures, so a new ride was in order.

This was a local that I ride with every year.

56 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Sure. Kapuskasing - 16 Feb 2010 Middle of the week long trip - Guy on the right, my brother (black hat) is arranging financing for my new sled, guy on the left my nephew is helping. I'm (black jacket) arranging the insurance, and the dealer is getting a OFSC permit transfer. The 2010 Apex LTX is getting assembled that morning, about 2.5 hrs.

Old sled - black GSX (2nd piston in 3 years) (Piston blew 15KM south of the Canyon - just try and recover from there.) GSX is GONE!. New sled - White Yamaha Apex

Came back from the trip. I asked her if she noticed anything different about the sled - she asked if I got it painted.

Her face (video capture) when I told her the story about the 2nd piston and the new sled - Priceless...:-)

However, back to the $36K Mach - yes a sled can be bought on the spot, but it wasn't $10K over MSRP. Someone with a lot of money(not me), didn't get that way by being stupid with his money.

I still stand by the fact that guys are walking from the Spring checks, and all someone has to do is call up a few dealers and get there name on a stand-by list, i.e. my buddy will walk from his Mach Z, going with the Polaris - no one is perfect!

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0286_B.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

Her Face..JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

I is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stoney said:

People's sleds are not ready, Dec is a few days away, emotions are going to start flaring soon and desperate times, calls for desperate measures.....sledders are a different breed.

How many times have you heard stories of guys on trips having a major failure and buy a new sled sitting on the showroom floor at a local dealer.

If someone thinks it's worth that,  by all means. LMFAO.  :icon_gunhead:

21 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Sure. Kapuskasing - 16 Feb 2010 Middle of the week long trip - Guy on the right, my brother (black hat) is arranging financing for my new sled, guy on the left my nephew is helping. I'm (black jacket) arranging the insurance, and the dealer is getting a OFSC permit transfer. The 2010 Apex LTX is getting assembled that morning, about 2.5 hrs.

Old sled - black GSX (2nd piston in 3 years) (Piston blew 15KM south of the Canyon - just try and recover from there.) GSX is GONE!. New sled - White Yamaha Apex

Came back from the trip. I asked her if she noticed anything different about the sled - she asked if I got it painted.

Her face (video capture) when I told her the story about the 2nd piston and the new sled - Priceless...:-)

However, back to the $36K Mach - yes a sled can be bought on the spot, but it wasn't $10K over MSRP. Someone with a lot of money(not me), didn't get that way by being stupid with his money.

I still stand by the fact that guys are walking from the Spring checks, and all someone has to do is call up a few dealers and get there name on a stand-by list, i.e. my buddy will walk from his Mach Z, going with the Polaris - no one is perfect!

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0286_B.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

Her Face..JPG

There sure is a big jump in prices from when this was a more common discussion around the pool table and some bevies after a great day of riding. 

18 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

If someone thinks it's worth that,  by all means. LMFAO.  :icon_gunhead:

Nuts is one word for them…for some it’s not about worth but a want. 
It seems some have placed a very special value on the Mach, like it’s some kind of collectors piece….I guess a special kind of person too. 

Reminds me of that custom Yammi that Custom John had listed years ago for some ridiculous amount of money!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

There sure is a big jump in prices from when this was a more common discussion around the pool table and some bevies after a great day of riding. 

About double. I think the 2010 Apex LTX was about $10K give or take. The REN X 900 T R is about $22K, give or take.

Ya, me doing the same thing today might end 36 years...:-) Never mind the two Friday date nights at the Hospital Emerg because of snowmobiling..

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My dealer wants me to give my sled up and will return the deposit. Says he has 15 guys waiting to buy a Mach for $3000 more than I paid

What’s your cut :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My dealer wants me to give my sled up and will return the deposit. Says he has 15 guys waiting to buy a Mach for $3000 more than I paid

He should be atleast offering to split the 3 grand with you. 

He apparently hasn't figured out that you could sell it and make the extra $$

One of our group bought a new one in Amos in 2016. It was either sink $2800.00 + wait for parts into a $5000.00 sled or buy a new one out of the crate. Deal took about 3-4 hours to complete with luggage tie-downs and tank/ windshield bage all changed over.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yikes that’s price of yesterday’s compact cars. 

Yea no kidding, if you had have told me 10 years ago I'd pay that for a sled I'd have said your out of your mind. Good thing is

the value of my Renegade and Blizzard are through the roof for used and one of them will help fund the purchase, just haven't decided which one.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I personally think there will be some 'specials' on kijiji,  once the sleds really start to show up, especially if it's late Feb or March. I'm sure there's peeps out there that bought Machs, and haven't figured out how to pay for them yet. 🤣

LOL....one of the negative side effect of placing an order 10 months ago that only cost $500 to $1000 on something that you were pumped to have.....now reality might set in for a few....

24 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I personally think there will be some 'specials' on kijiji,  once the sleds really start to show up, especially if it's late Feb or March. I'm sure there's peeps out there that bought Machs, and haven't figured out how to pay for them yet. 🤣

there may be a few but, with the current supply issue, sleds are at an all time high in price for used units. take a clean, low or no mile "new unit", some are going to go over msrp, for those that "want". if you ever wanted out of the sport, and not get hurt too bad, now is the time. Ski

39 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

there may be a few but, with the current supply issue, sleds are at an all time high in price for used units. take a clean, low or no mile "new unit", some are going to go over msrp, for those that "want". if you ever wanted out of the sport, and not get hurt too bad, now is the time. Ski

Agreed. 

15 hours ago, stoney said:

Witnessed it - went into a Polaris dealer while we were on a trip because my buddy needed a new electric shield cord- there was a guy in there - on a trip as well - he had a pretty large failure - he said to the guy - "how much for this one here - guy have him a price - he said how long to get it ready - they said a couple hours - he said do it - i'm going for lunch - have it ready ".

We were in early 20's and were like - that's awesome:

Also, when I was 14 - my dad and 2 of his buddies took me and 2 of my buddies on a trip.

We launched from Sudbury.

My dad's friend had $8,000.00 in cash with him - ( most I had seen at that time ) - I asked him why he would have that - he said if this piece of crap breaks down - its staying here - i'll buy a new sled.

farmers......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

My son got the call on Friday that his 21 Can Am Commander XTP was in and would be ready to be picked up this week, was supposed to be in early to mid May. Dealer said if you don't want it we'll refund your deposit and have a customer that will deliver $2500 cash in person to you to take your unit.  The guy is meeting up with my son this week, likely already has. My son told them to keep the deposit and roll it into a 22 XTP for spring delivery.  He's already had similar offers on his Mach that's apparently in and awaiting DESS and gage, but he's keeping that. He held onto his 19 Freeride till the Mach's in his hands just in case, if all goes well he'll do good selling that within the next few weeks since he bought it pre covid.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Nutter said:

My son got the call on Friday that his 21 Can Am Commander XTP was in and would be ready to be picked up this week, was supposed to be in early to mid May. Dealer said if you don't want it we'll refund your deposit and have a customer that will deliver $2500 cash in person to you to take your unit.  The guy is meeting up with my son this week, likely already has. My son told them to keep the deposit and roll it into a 22 XTP for spring delivery.  He's already had similar offers on his Mach that's apparently in and awaiting DESS and gage, but he's keeping that. He held onto his 19 Freeride till the Mach's in his hands just in case, if all goes well he'll do good selling that within the next few weeks since he bought it pre covid.  

Do you think the 22s will be 2500 more?  Everything else will be up in price next spring.