2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

On 9/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, stoney said:

Mind elaborating on the "okay".....did your track delaminate or start too, like others say they do, or just not the traction you are used too?

On 9/30/2021 at 10:39 PM, scottyr said:

Track held up great.   Just not the traction I was hoping for.   

On 9/30/2021 at 12:51 PM, scottyr said:

I used an Ice Ripper last season and it was "ok".   I will be putting real studs in my 22.

I put an Ice Attack on the Vector, and was completely happy with it. I wanted the "pics" for ice, and I found that the Attack is more web like than the Ice RIpper so traction on the trail was fine. I think the Attack also seems to have more rubber support around the lugs.

New sled is supposed to have the 1.5 Ice Ripper. If BRP delivers minus the ICe Ripper, then an Ice Attack will go on, or I will stud. It would be a bit tough to justify a new track to the boss on a $20K sled.

20170515_123205.jpg

23 hours ago, scottyr said:

My dealer said that he is down for 100 900s to arrive in January.   He said there is no way that he can get 100 sleds built in a month.   Even if they showed up Jan 2, there will still be guys without sleds in Feb.    Its going to be a complete sh-t show trying to get these delivered.   

There will also be collateral damage being done to the used sled owners needing service from a dealer. They won't have mechanics to work on these sleds if they are assembling new sled as parts come in. I sure hope I won't need any service on my 2015 sled. Knock on wood my sled 900ACE has been working flawlessly.

Jerry 

• Like 1

Did they have the windshield and mirrors in stock?   I was told the windshield is on BO right now.   

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Did they have the windshield and mirrors in stock?   I was told the windshield is on BO right now.   

Ordered most of the things I planed to put on mine last spring and have received almost all of them.  Just need the sled to get started installing them.  I have the adjustable windshield already. 

Glad I didn't wait to order.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And it’s home. Only missing part is the DESS.

1279473A-C08F-4A5A-A164-3E33924ED67A.thumb.jpeg.d56f16981637c191fa08ef507158ca39.jpeg

yep now I need to “Pink” it out and Name her💕🙋🏼‍♀️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, scottyr said:

Yes, and they forgot about all the accessories when they called to book the appointment for pick up. They called back 2 days later and said they had all the parts in stock and they have them installed.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, volunteer2 said:

So they installed the older style " key ". Like from 2000s ?

I guess that's what it is. Its just a ball top type tether with no chip. They said they would notify once DESS was available.

Stopped at my dealer this morning both my 850 s are there minus the gages . He has most of his Two strokes but no four strokes yet. Only 3 sleds are complete so far

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, 1049 said:

Stopped at my dealer this morning both my 850 s are there minus the gages . He has most of his Two strokes but no four strokes yet. Only 3 sleds are complete so far

There's your gauges lol

Screenshot_20211023-210056_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Most of you riders don't need the left side of the speedometer gauge ( readings under 50 km ). 

In all seriousness, good look with this issue. Gauges are light - candidates for air freight delivery. ( I was once in import- export, regularly changed from ship to air delivery based upon weight and necessity - being chirped by fellow sledders makes this a ' necessity ' ). 

• Like 3

Spoke with my dealer today, sled had been in for a while-sans gauges. Gauge is in and sled will be ready late this or early next week. Adding skid plate, led headlite, e-link and swapping my high glove box and gps wiring from my old sled. Good thing I kept my medium windshield from last 850. Back ordered!! Looks like most parts/ accessories are coming in except windshields and 2 up seats. Might not be as bad for new sleds as was predicted, at least in Ski Doo land. Heard Polaris is giving some far out dates though.

Livin'

• Like 4

4 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Spoke with my dealer today, sled had been in for a while-sans gauges. Gauge is in and sled will be ready late this or early next week. Adding skid plate, led headlite, e-link and swapping my high glove box and gps wiring from my old sled. Good thing I kept my medium windshield from last 850. Back ordered!! Looks like most parts/ accessories are coming in except windshields and 2 up seats. Might not be as bad for new sleds as was predicted, at least in Ski Doo land. Heard Polaris is giving some far out dates though.

Livin'

Good stuff brother 🍻   Stretch picked up his 22 850 Renny complete from Harpers last week. My young lad was told his Mach will be in late Nov early Dec from Bennetts. Took a ride in the buggy up the trail to Hali yesterday. 90000 tons of fresh material graded all the way from HJ right into Hali, the swamp above the pond causeway is high, really high, level with the trail with run off going across the trail in one spot, doesn't look like a culvert will help. 

On 10/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, scottyr said:

Ordered the Med windshield and mirrors on-line Wednesday, they were delivered Friday.

• Like 2

Wife and l went for a drive Saturday and had a 900 R follow us home . Black beauty , l think it may have found a new home . 

• Like 6