2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Got the call to pick up the wife sled for sometime next week.

Nice!

Hoping for cold snow for everyone.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, ontariof7 said:

My 2 new '22 Doo's better be ready by December, or they can keep em...Poo it'll be, unless they screw up too..

Really not sure? 

You think they will hand back deposit? I was lucky and got it back on mower but it never arrived and dealer is still waiting for it as of a few weeks ago. 

14 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice get a pre studded track or are you going to stud it yourself again? 
900 is pretty rock solid. Only issue I have had is coils, but fixed under warranty. 

Going to stud it.

12 hours ago, vooodooo said:

900T?

No, just the N/A 900.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Renegade Adrenaline in Black 900

Very good - I guess that means she is riding this year...

Still sporting the Cat I assume - get the issues you had sorted out with it?

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

Very good - I guess that means she is riding this year...

Still sporting the Cat I assume - get the issues you had sorted out with it?

She says she's riding. She sold her place in Florida so she's stuck in Ontario for the winter.

Yep, still on the Cat. A couple more years before I relegate it to back up sled.

Cat's have issues?.....lol

I have some work to do before riding. I got the heat exchanger welded up but never got coolant back in it. That and I have to replace all my studs. Got a new air filter delivered some time over the summer too.

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

She says she's riding. She sold her place in Florida so she's stuck in Ontario for the winter.

Yep, still on the Cat. A couple more years before I relegate it to back up sled.

I have some work to do before riding. I got the heat exchanger welded up but never got coolant back in it. That and I have to replace all my studs. Got a new air filter delivered some time over the summer too.

I was thinking of trying igrip screw in studs seems to be abit safer from pull out stand point and everyone seems to say they are good enough for most conditions. You going back to regular studs after that experience? I had same thing happen in mid 2000’s and then we stopped stuffing sleds. 

I used an Ice Ripper last season and it was "ok".   I will be putting real studs in my 22.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That is good - hopefully your body (back I think) stays healthy and you get out some more.

In fairness, your CAT is not stock - I was usually hesitant with changing much to avoid issues.....and well studs, who needs them anyways, just an accident in the making.....:coffeenose:

Hopefully no mice issues from the summer storage.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I used an Ice Ripper last season and it was "ok".   I will be putting real studs in my 22.

Mind elaborating on the "okay".....did your track delaminate or start too, like others say they do, or just not the traction you are used too?

Track held up great.   Just not the traction I was hoping for.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 10:39 PM, scottyr said:

Track held up great.   Just not the traction I was hoping for.   

No they dont have great traction But if you have the 1.5 it certainly stops in snow. The ice well its just a bit of insurance.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I was thinking of trying igrip screw in studs seems to be abit safer from pull out stand point and everyone seems to say they are good enough for most conditions. You going back to regular studs after that experience? I had same thing happen in mid 2000’s and then we stopped stuffing sleds. 

Back to regular studs. Better ones this time and a better install.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, stoney said:

That is good - hopefully your body (back I think) stays healthy and you get out some more.

In fairness, your CAT is not stock - I was usually hesitant with changing much to avoid issues.....and well studs, who needs them anyways, just an accident in the making.....:coffeenose:

Hopefully no mice issues from the summer storage.

My back has been good, thanks. Hopefully I can find some help with plowing so I can get away for a couple extended trips. If not, I'm giving up plowing in 2 years anyways.

My Cat is stock just like all the other turbo sleds out there........;)

I've used studs for 20 years now. This is the first issue I've had. I like my studs.

Don't bring up the mice, you'll jinx it. The pest guy was here last week and he said the bait stations were cleaned out. Enough bait to feed 80 mice. Only the Cat in the shed this summer so if there's damage its all mine.

Talked to dealer to get clarification on the 'internet rumors' I've been hearing. They said yes they have sleds shipped in crates missing gauges, mostly X and XRS's, and as the gauges arrive the sled's are PDI'd and sent out. Almost all of the base type sleds are coming complete and on a regular basis.

They have been told that the Mach Z's will be coming complete and they expect to start seeing them mid November.

As a side note they completely sold out their yearly allowance of sleds during spring-check and will have nothing on the showroom floor, bad for consumers but great for anyone who didn't trade their sled in, used market should be insane again

8 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Talked to dealer to get clarification on the 'internet rumors' I've been hearing. They said yes they have sleds shipped in crates missing gauges, mostly X and XRS's, and as the gauges arrive the sled's are PDI'd and sent out. Almost all of the base type sleds are coming complete and on a regular basis.

They have been told that the Mach Z's will be coming complete and they expect to start seeing them mid November.

As a side note they completely sold out their yearly allowance of sleds during spring-check and will have nothing on the showroom floor, bad for consumers but great for anyone who didn't trade their sled in, used market should be insane again

Let’s hope they are correct. My dealer said as late as February. I need it to come in soon so I can sell it!!

My dealer said that he is down for 100 900s to arrive in January.   He said there is no way that he can get 100 sleds built in a month.   Even if they showed up Jan 2, there will still be guys without sleds in Feb.    Its going to be a complete sh-t show trying to get these delivered.   

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Agreed. BRP better get some incentives ready or they can shove my MachZ 

They wont be doing anything.