2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

My dealer is forewarning guys with Mach Zs that they wont be getting them until mid January.    I have a 22 600XRS ordered as a 2nd sled but I am so glad I kept my 21 850 for another season.    

I think you will see dealers stop selling at a certain point next spring.   Most BRP dealers are dreading this coming sled season after living through Seadoos not arriving until August.    A lot of dealers are finally starting to realize that they dont have the man power to build/pdi all the machines they have coming this fall.   It is going to be a HUGE sh-t show this fall trying to get sleds delivered to customers in a timely manner.  

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I'm really not sure if I will take our 2 new '22 900 T R's,  in February. Heck, I'll be snowchecking our 2 new '23s by then. :evil2:

People gasped at the pricing of the 22's.

Inflation may price the 23's even higher.

Production may not return to "normal for some time as well.

khader-alkurdi-77.jpg

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

My dealer is forewarning guys with Mach Zs that they wont be getting them until mid January.    I have a 22 600XRS ordered as a 2nd sled but I am so glad I kept my 21 850 for another season.    

I think you will see dealers stop selling at a certain point next spring.   Most BRP dealers are dreading this coming sled season after living through Seadoos not arriving until August.    A lot of dealers are finally starting to realize that they dont have the man power to build/pdi all the machines they have coming this fall.   It is going to be a HUGE sh-t show this fall trying to get sleds delivered to customers in a timely manner.  

My sled was slated for a January delivery anyway

12 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

People gasped at the pricing of the 22's.

Inflation may price the 23's even higher.

Production may not return to "normal for some time as well.

khader-alkurdi-77.jpg

Other than the price tag of the Mach, I do not think the increase from 21 to 22 was that bad given everything else.

I think the 23's will be a different story though.

Dealer cost went up more than MSRP did for 22 and the ext warranty was dropped from 4 years to 3 years.   

Seadoo's early buy program comes with a 2 year warranty instead of 3 years for 21s.   I bet thats what we see next spring from Skidoo as well.   

35 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

And BRP so far has not incentivised the late deliveries. 

Doubt they will.

Don’t want it?

Someone else will.

It is sure to upset many if we get a good snow year, and you are sitting on a chair making bbrraaaapp noises.

Crazy times now, I ordered a new Ram on March 30th, it still hasn’t showed.  In July it was flipped to a ‘22 and they provided me a new vin.  22’s started being built this week, and Canadian orders that were flipped to 22’s seem to be being produced first this week, hopefully my truck arrives early October.  6 plus months after I ordered it, lol was told 8-12 weeks when I did.  Luckily I was able to purchase a very low mileage F150 for precovid pricing in June to hold me over until the Ram arrives.  Plan to trade it in for a slight profit.  Best of luck to all waiting on anything these days!! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

Doubt they will.

Don’t want it?

Someone else will.

It is sure to upset many if we get a good snow year, and you are sitting on a chair making bbrraaaapp noises.

Nope don’t want it. 

Glad I held on to my sleds and didn't trade them in. Trails around here are not usually ready until mid Jan, so we are usually just running around on the ice and through the swamps to hold us off 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Glad I held on to my sleds and didn't trade them in. Trails around here are not usually ready until mid Jan, so we are usually just running around on the ice and through the swamps to hold us off 

Never considered that trade in factor, because I've never done it.

I sold mine in the summer because I can ride my brother's spare if needed.

It's a Yamacat SR viper, but beggars can not be choosers.

Questions for those that have, and general thoughts in what is already a fubar market.

Does the dealer give you a value based on the sleds market, mileage and condition when it got parked in the spring?

What happens if your new sled isn't ready and you add miles on it this coming season?

What is delivery of the new one is mid to late season and you've added thousands of miles?

What happens if the trade happens late season, as many others do the same, and all of a sudden dealers are flooded with used sleds at the end of the season?

43 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Till Doctor shaft smoker shuts you down you means.

Sharpen the pitch forks, warm the tar and pluck the chickens.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, vooodooo said:

Doubt they will.

Don’t want it?

Someone else will.

Or a groomer seat in your case. 

7 hours ago, vooodooo said:

Never considered that trade in factor, because I've never done it.

I sold mine in the summer because I can ride my brother's spare if needed.

It's a Yamacat SR viper, but beggars can not be choosers.

Questions for those that have, and general thoughts in what is already a fubar market.

Does the dealer give you a value based on the sleds market, mileage and condition when it got parked in the spring?

What happens if your new sled isn't ready and you add miles on it this coming season?

What is delivery of the new one is mid to late season and you've added thousands of miles?

What happens if the trade happens late season, as many others do the same, and all of a sudden dealers are flooded with used sleds at the end of the season?

What will happen this fall/ early winter when plenty of guys with 1 or 2 year old machines are trying to flip them through dealer trade is for big bucks and the high priced market is not there for them?

Inflation is up.  Gas is up.  Food is up.

Talking to a dealer up north and he said despite selling a pile of snow checks he has no trade ins yet as a lot of guys thinking big money this fall.

He didn’t think the big money will hold.  

On 9/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, vooodooo said:

My sled was slated for a January delivery anyway

My zero turn was suppose to come in,

in March. April, no sign of it, next it was Maybe time, Then June was suppose to be for sure. July nothing cancelled order and went over to dealer B and bought a model

Up That just rolled off the truck. Went in last week to get a few things and not one Ferris mower in stock. Manager said they never got any Ferris zero’s with 52” Deck this year. What a crap show. 
hopefully it comes in on time 👍

Sled trailers will be hard to find this year at some dealers.   A dealer friend told me they had a large number of their order cancelled a couple weeks ago.  It seems with short supply of components for trailers and the high demand for camping trailers the manufacturers are building / built the higher profit camper trailer units.

4 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Sled trailers will be hard to find this year at some dealers.   A dealer friend told me they had a large number of their order cancelled a couple weeks ago.  It seems with short supply of components for trailers and the high demand for camping trailers the manufacturers are building / built the higher profit camper trailer units.

Tell me about it. Taken 200 days to get a manure bucket that usually takes a few weeks. Typically a stock item in yard but zero inventory every where it seems. Ordered in March suppose to get it this week. See what happens. Buckets are big dollars now. I wonder how they sell machines if it takes so long to get attachments 😂

Manure buckets and Ski-doos. "Put away the keyboard, said the inside voice". 

:)

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Tell me about it. Taken 200 days to get a manure bucket that usually takes a few weeks. Typically a stock item in yard but zero inventory every where it seems. Ordered in March suppose to get it this week. See what happens. Buckets are big dollars now. I wonder how they sell machines if it takes so long to get attachments 😂

I'm looking for a ditching bucket for my mini-excavator. Was quoted 32 weeks for delivery......lol

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm looking for a ditching bucket for my mini-excavator. Was quoted 32 weeks for delivery......lol

Not sure if this might work:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equipment/stratford-on/36-bucket/m1810995?undefined

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Thanks but no, its way too deep. and mine has a quick coupler system.

Needs to look like this.

Quick-Hitch-Ditch-Cleaning-Bucket.jpg?itok=K3sb7JLW

I've called around. Probably can't be sourced from a Canadian manufacture. It was AMI who told me minimum 32 weeks and most of the local equipment dealers order from them. Its a common coupler in the US, not in Canada. I found a dealer in Stouville who deals with TAG in Tennessee, waiting for a call back from them on price and availability.

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Mine came in about 30 days early. Unless you can find a used one, you are pretty much out of luck. Everyone has gobbled up inventory every where it seems. Now make it to order and let customer wait. 😂 

On 9/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I'm really not sure if I will take our 2 new '22 900 T R's,  in February. Heck, I'll be snowchecking our 2 new '23s by then. :evil2:

My 2 new '22 Doo's better be ready by December, or they can keep em...Poo it'll be, unless they screw up too..

Really not sure?