2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

11 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Not my dealer,  but the dealer close by me.....Proof sleds are moving....

Screenshot_20210610-220118_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sleds arriving before Seadoos........

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, stoney said:

Made in Canada vs abroad…:wtf:

Aren't the Sea-doos built in Valcourt in the 'off-season'?

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Aren't the Sea-doos built in Valcourt in the 'off-season'?

I have no idea actually, which is why I made that statement as possible reason with a "IDK".

It really does not look good for a sea-doo buyer to see sleds arriving in the summer/spring and yet their sea-doo is not here yet, don't ya think?

I thought I read something somewhere that various vehicles BRP sell are made in different places.

Are all Doo sleds made in QC, is there another plant in the US or Mexico....

28 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Yup

26 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

It appears Sea-doos may be both in QC and Mexico.....with Rotax engines in Austria...

VALCOURT, QUÉBEC, CANADA

Valcourt is our home, where it all started. Today, it plays a strategic role in BRP activities worldwide. Valcourt has become the Centre of expertise for design, research, development, marketing and manufacturing of Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo and Can-Am products, where we can find the Laurent Beaudoin Design and Innovation Center, the Product Development Center, our factory of Ski-Doo snowmobiles and Can-Am Spyder 3-wheel vehicles and our global headquarters.

OUR MEXICAN FACILITIES 

Our Mexican footprint has grown over the years. We now have two plants in Juárez where we manufacture our Can-Am off-road vehicles. In Querétaro, we assemble our Sea-Doo watercraft and the Rotax engines for our Can-Am off-road vehicles. .

I see they mention Spyders being built in Valcourt, maybe the Sea-doo production has been shipped south?

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Our Mexican footprint has grown over the years. We now have two plants in Juárez where we manufacture our Can-Am off-road vehicles. In Querétaro, we assemble our Sea-Doo watercraft and the Rotax engines for our Can-Am off-road vehicles. .

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

I see they mention Spyders being built in Valcourt, maybe the Sea-doo production has been shipped south?

@revrnd it looks like they are built in Mexico...

Seadoo is made in Mexico. A few years now. Can am also

41 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Seadoo is made in Mexico. A few years now. Can am also

I knew the quads & SxSs were built down there, the Sea-doo shift was news to me.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

I knew the quads & SxSs were built down there, the Sea-doo shift was news to me.

And me...

ALL Seadoo and ATV production is in Mexico.    The only thing built in Canada is Skidoo and Spyder.