2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

12 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I will reserve comment but I suspect my knees may disagree. Of course it has been a while since I sat on a Renny.

He was referring to the Poo and not wanting to get off....:coffeenose:....:rotflmao:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Once your on it, you will not want to get off. :icon_steer:

A good motto.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:05 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed,  with regards to the Poo 850's.  I was texted from my Doo source, that production at Doo is right on point. :secret2::evil2:

That appears to have changed slightly:

Stories about an international shortage of semiconductor chips have been flooding the airwaves in the past month, as a supply-vs.-demand push and pull has affected everything from the automotive industry and smart phones to personal computers and household appliances.

And, yes, powersports including snowmobiles are affected as well.

In a story on Yahoo Finance Canada, the president and CEO of BRP – maker of Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Can-Am and more – admitted the challenge last week. At the same time, his words were intended to sooth concerns.

Jose Boisjoli said BRP is continuing to manufacture Ski-Doos and Sea-Doos at the company headquarters in Valcourt, Quebec, but said some of the vehicles are assembled without a key component or two, and then stored in the storage yard while they await the last few parts.

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/ski-doo-affected-by-chip-shortage-but-itll-honor-every-order/29502/

19 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

That appears to have changed slightly:

Stories about an international shortage of semiconductor chips have been flooding the airwaves in the past month, as a supply-vs.-demand push and pull has affected everything from the automotive industry and smart phones to personal computers and household appliances.

And, yes, powersports including snowmobiles are affected as well.

In a story on Yahoo Finance Canada, the president and CEO of BRP – maker of Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Can-Am and more – admitted the challenge last week. At the same time, his words were intended to sooth concerns.

Jose Boisjoli said BRP is continuing to manufacture Ski-Doos and Sea-Doos at the company headquarters in Valcourt, Quebec, but said some of the vehicles are assembled without a key component or two, and then stored in the storage yard while they await the last few parts.

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/ski-doo-affected-by-chip-shortage-but-itll-honor-every-order/29502/

Actual production is on point. Meaning the assembly line is moving. But I agree, like everything in the world, covid has screwed just about everything,  other than the ones at the top of course.  Again,  I'm thankful I have a 2 beauty's in the garage still.. We will still manage quite nicely if our 2 '22's  900 T R's do not show up...

20210314_124256.jpg

20210314_124314.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Actual production is on point. Meaning the assembly line is moving. But I agree, like everything in the world, covid has screwed just about everything,  other than the ones at the top of course.  Again,  I'm thankful I have a 2 beauty's in the garage still.. We will still manage quite nicely if our 2 '22's  900 T R's do not show up...

20210314_124256.jpg

20210314_124314.jpg

Hey, I thought you were selling me your XRS if my X didn't show up, and you would ride your new Polaris :-). I sold my Vector to my nephew, who is buying it as a 2nd machine for his family; using it next season is no issue, so I too am not sweating delivery. If my knee replacement slides into November, I may not be able to ride until Feb anyway.

Edited by Gadgetman
sweat not sweet

8 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Hey, I thought you were selling me your XRS if my X didn't show up, and you would ride your new Polaris :-). I sold my Vector to my nephew, who is buying it as a 2nd machine for his family; using it next season is no issue, so I too am not sweating delivery. If my knee replacement slides into November, I may not be able to ride until Feb anyway.

Well, what if the Poo shows up without shocks again, then we are both up a creek, without a paddle..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Well, what if the Poo shows up without skis again, then we are both up a creek, without a paddle..

It was shocks

My Ferris  is in yard too I was told waiting who knows what. So I cancelled order and picked up a different model Ferris zero turn from another dealer. Was April,

then June and then September. No more, truck showed up with two zero’s last Friday sill 65 to come in I was told. So I grabbed one. Few 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

Polaris too.

Screenshot_20210610-093806_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2

Transport sitting at St Onge right now unloading sleds according to my buddy who works there.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stoney said:

I wonder if they are complete…. :coffeenose:….:rotflmao:

Did you read the link you posted. I'd think they are complete. I would imagine they are not going to ship uncompleted sleds, like another manufacturer did..:cheers:. But we are in crazy times

Edited by Turbo Doo

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Did you read the link you posted. I'd think they are complete. 

It was a joke son…😀....and yes, I actually did, which I believe stateD the sleds missing parts would sit in yard and expected to be retrofitted in Fall!

Its crazy new iron is already arriving though.  

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

It was a joke son…😀....and yes, I actually did, which I believe stateD the sleds missing parts would sit in yard and expected to be retrofitted in Fall!

Its crazy new iron is already arriving though.  

son........LMFAO......

• Haha 1

I remember when I was in valcourt back in '94. I toured the museum and drove by the plant. Lots of crates out it 'the field' that looked like they had been sitting there for a while. Talking to my dealer afterwards & he said if they have parts shortages, they would build the sled to completion, crate it & then store them. Bring them back into the plant to complete assembly.

Question for you guys that are dealers - or know how they work.

When a dealer is invoiced for a unit - I assume that means it's built - has a VIN etc.

Once that happens - what follows?

Is it built - Shipped to dist. warehouse - dist. invoices dealer - then delivered?

Just curious ......

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Question for you guys that are dealers - or know how they work.

When a dealer is invoiced for a unit - I assume that means it's built - has a VIN etc.

Once that happens - what follows?

Is it built - Shipped to dist. warehouse - dist. invoices dealer - then delivered?

Just curious ......

One they are invoiced and has a VIN number it means the unit is built but in their computer it should show them either in transit or at the factory. At that point the unit is on their floor plan.

22 minutes ago, Nunz said:

One they are invoiced and has a VIN number it means the unit is built but in their computer it should show them either in transit or at the factory. At that point the unit is on their floor plan.

Thank you for the reply.