2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

17 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

Liability sucks.

I asked a local shop to cut me a 1 inch hole towards the end of a lift truck fork. So I  could put a ball hitch in it, move some trailers.

Hard nope.

Only when I stated it was for some cattle moving equipment, this is not a fork lift part, I'll sign off on that, pay cash. no bill, did it happen.

I did that for a cottager so he could move his boat & trailer around his yard & into his garage for the winter.

1 hour ago, vooodooo said:

Liability sucks.

I asked a local shop to cut me a 1 inch hole towards the end of a lift truck fork. So I  could put a ball hitch in it, move some trailers.

Hard nope.

Only when I stated it was for some cattle moving equipment, this is not a fork lift part, I'll sign off on that, pay cash. no bill, did it happen.

It is funny how you see so many of those old school rough terrain fork truck that have a hole burned through one fork with a oxy/acetylene torch that were used to move things around in the yard or site.......not so much see that anymore.   

17 hours ago, Spiderman said:

We still don't even have a VIN # for a dirt bike that is supposed to deliver by the end of this month.

I do feel for dealers - hard to deliver any kind of "service" when you can't get anything concrete from your suppliers.

I feel sorry for dealers. I have been very polite but honestly if I would have known zero wasn’t going to come in, I would have just contracted out grass all around barns and just cut my usual acre around the house myself. With zero be easy to get it all done in afternoon. Takes about three years before you are ahead though. 
Wait and see what happens in next few weeks, if anything. 
I seen s used one the guy wants as much as s new one pretty much and it is 2015. What a joke. 

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I feel sorry for dealers. I have been very polite but honestly if I would have known zero wasn’t going to come in, I would have just contracted out grass all around barns and just cut my usual acre around the house myself. With zero be easy to get it all done in afternoon. Takes about three years before you are ahead though. 
Wait and see what happens in next few weeks, if anything. 
I seen s used one the guy wants as much as s new one pretty much and it is 2015. What a joke. 

I was talking to a guy on the weekend who had a 2016 Sportsman quad. The thing was mint! I'm sure he could probably get the retail price for it.

In case one of you guys can't get your Turbo, I have a 2001 Thundercat in excellent condition that I may be convinced to part with for the right price.  That ought to fulfil your need for speed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

It’s nuts! People taking advantage of situation and low inventory. 

It wasn't for sale, but considering the ads last winter for beater sleds & what people were 'asking', his quad would go pretty quick.

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

It’s nuts! People taking advantage of situation and low inventory. 

No one is forcing anyone to buy non essential play toys.

Do you not agree pricing should be dictated by supply and demand? 

(I see travel trailers going for real cheap in 2-3 yrs, when we are back to “normal” and some return back to their normal ways that purchased large new models and get out of trailering with the family (and return to spending $’s on other forms of travel , ect).

Should one refuse to pay an extremely low used price for these models due to the high inventory at dealers and a flooded used market - or would we be taking advantage of the situation?)

• Like 2

Notice I said, 'asking', nobody that knows what's up would pay that. They obviously are looking for rubes that will. 

I think the opinion is common that a lot of toys (including cottages) will be on the market in a year or so.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Thank the lord we spring ordered 2 Polaris 850's also. Then we will have 4 no show sleds in the fall.  :coffeespit::icon_munching:

I just hope they all come with shocks this year .....🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed,  with regards to the Poo 850's.  I was texted from my Doo source, that production at Doo is right on point. :secret2::evil2:

I’m “hopeful” after already a season of manufacturing “Covid” sleds - they will have figured it out for 2021/2022.....

seems like the sea doos they maybe haven’t ? If sea doo’s are delayed til July /august , people won’t be too happy.....

I have a low hrs 2018 300 rxt-x , and for a laugh, checked up on asking kijiji pricing.... crazy !!!! But if you need/want, people will pay a premium if supply low/demand high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

I’m “hopeful” after already a season of manufacturing “Covid” sleds - they will have figured it out for 2021/2022.....

seems like the sea doos they maybe haven’t ? If sea doo’s are delayed til July /august , people won’t be too happy.....

I have a low hrs 2018 300 rxt-x , and for a laugh, checked up on asking kijiji pricing.... crazy !!!! But if you need/want, people will pay a premium if supply low/demand high.

Doo really had no issues with sled delivery last season. My source tells me the assembly line is moving right along, and no computer chip problems either.  

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ecarnell said:

Do you or anyone else happen to know the numbers of units sold for Sea-Doo's vs Ski-Doo's?

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Doo really had no issues with sled delivery last season. My source tells me the assembly line is moving right along, and no computer chip problems either.  

Hoping this is accurate and stands to be true.....and deliveries are not delayed.

I tend to think the issues you hear are exaggerated but given what is going around, if there were delays, I cannot see how anyone would be overly surprised.

At least you still have your 2021....I think.....

8 hours ago, stoney said:

Do you or anyone else happen to know the numbers of units sold for Sea-Doo's vs Ski-Doo's?

Hoping this is accurate and stands to be true.....and deliveries are not delayed.

I tend to think the issues you hear are exaggerated but given what is going around, if there were delays, I cannot see how anyone would be overly surprised.

thats the key, keep your sled until your new one shows up.

50 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

100%.

Your bill of sale - if you traded - is your contract.

Unless you agree to deliver yours in advance - or your contract says otherwise, technically you get mine - when I get the one on the bill of sale, and you ( dealer ) get paid as outlined.

9 hours ago, stoney said:

We never give up our sleds early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Selling mine privately earlier this year vs. trade in or possibly selling this coming year made too much cents not too.....like most, things were selling easily and for way more than I would have expected.

Given how things might turn out, resale sleds might even be fetching more in the coming year!

I will have to deal with possibly no sled to start the 2021/22 season......but I am optimistic that that will not happen and if it does, c'est la vie! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

You might end up with 6 sleds to ride next winter. If my health improves, maybe I can borrow one! Lol 😂🤣

I might also need to borrow one of those six too.....:coffeenose:.....:rotflmao:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lots of choice then, and your more then welcome to ride one..

Gee thanks! It might take a bunch of convincing to get me on a doo but with you being so gracious, how could I say no. 

• Like 1