2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

1 minute ago, Muskoka Bill said:

You are smart enough to know that pissing off the dealer by ranting will not make your sled come any faster. I heard about the hot tub shortage and that there has not been any inventory for the last 6 months, in fact one dealer claimed sales are up 500% over the same period a year ago.

People are staying home, want a better back yard. Lumber, pools, hot tubs are in high demand.

As a repair only business, no new sales, I get the supply shortage double bad. Extending the life of old spas means I need parts. The same parts that spa builders require.

There are few actual manufactures of the parts that go into a hot tub. Four big names represent %95 of the parts that go into building a hot tub.

I'm lucky. We've dealt with many repair parts dealers, as well as relationships with spa builders as the go to company to fix what the dealer cant. 

My wife has managed to keep us on top of most supply issues, by ordering common parts for stock, from many suppliers ,leaving them on backorder despite maybe having to leave them in inventory, vs ordering for a specific repair. We have stuff in stock that is months away for delivery. Makes service much better, but that's not what everyone can do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

The tides have changed the consumer has little or no control about major purchases it seems, everything  "is no inventory" and "back ordered" which is driving prices up. Glad I bought a compact tractor in March because the dealer is sold out and doesn't know if he can get much more and the price will $2-3K more. Ouch.

I phoned about a compressor on Fri' & the shop in Ptbo has 2 models that are service shop sized & would need a lift truck to unload...

5 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

You are smart enough to know that pissing off the dealer by ranting will not make your sled come any faster. I heard about the hot tub shortage and that there has not been any inventory for the last 6 months, in fact one dealer claimed sales are up 500% over the same period a year ago.

If I had a sled on order and it wasn't coming before x-mas can't say I'd put up with it.  This will all pass in a years time.  Guess hanging onto what we have was a good call for another season.

58 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

If anyone missed the the snow check for a 2022 Mach Z, I have one for sale!

ill trade you two sheets of 3/4 inch OSB plywood and 2 2x4's.........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, scottyr said:

My 2 new Seadoos are pushed back to June delivery which makes me think that it will be July.    I made it very clear to my dealer that I will not be taking them if I am not riding by the 2nd weekend of July.  

People who didn't get their orders last year got priority - if they wished so - which makes sense.

We have been told the day the 2022 are released - order.

We'll be following that directive.

My kids dirt bike is being held on deposit - supposed to deliver by end of May.

No VIN # yet......

If it's not here by end of July - I'll push my deposit to next year and get the next size bike ordered.

Still can't get a trailer hitch for my 2021 vehicle either.

All in all - 2021 sucks lol

56 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

People who didn't get their orders last year got priority - if they wished so - which makes sense.

We have been told the day the 2022 are released - order.

We'll be following that directive.

My kids dirt bike is being held on deposit - supposed to deliver by end of May.

No VIN # yet......

If it's not here by end of July - I'll push my deposit to next year and get the next size bike ordered.

Still can't get a trailer hitch for my 2021 vehicle either.

All in all - 2021 sucks lol

revrnd seems to be a pretty good fabricator, he might be able to whip you up a custom hitch for that fancy new vehicle of yours....:coffeenose:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

If anyone missed the the snow check for a 2022 Mach Z, I have one for sale!

If my dealer is expecting a 20% default with lack of financing approval, and he sold over 300 sleds, I think lots of Mach Z's available in the fall. Actually, my riding buddy also ordered a Polaris Indy XC Matryx 850, so looks like he is walking from his Mach Z deposit. He says a REN X 850 is now the BRP if Polaris doesn't deliver in time. 

23 hours ago, scottyr said:

Rumour has it that BRP is coming to the realization that they do not have enough 900R motors to fulfill all Spring Orders.    All demo 900Rs orders have been cancelled and there will be none available for stock in the fall.   

I'd be fine with the ACE T 130 in my REN X. If they want to substitute and credit me back, all good.

To this day, I don't know what the top end of my Yamaha Apex was, I just know that pushing thru 160KM\hr was as fast as I was going to go on snow, and I backed off.

The Vector is 120HP, can do 130KM\hr give or take, so good enough to pass on the highway, when needed. 

On 5/12/2021 at 11:15 AM, stoney said:

revrnd seems to be a pretty good fabricator, he might be able to whip you up a custom hitch for that fancy new vehicle of yours....:coffeenose:

That's one thing I won't fab is trailer hitch parts for on road vehicles. ATVs or SxSs sure.

My neighbour from hell asked me if I could repair his trailer. I said nope, no ticket or insurance. The trailer should've been hauled directly to Cedardale Scrap. Someone had fabbed it out of muffler tubing & the welded corner were the A frame met the square was pretty much rusted half away.

• Thanks 1

[Prolly told this story already, but since it's true I can tell the same story many times without changing the names and events... Something my wife never seems to be able to doo]

IDK, must'a been 7-8 yrs ago? 

Me and chum got a late ride on Easter weekend out west.

Picked up a trailer that a chum of his had left at their camp in Colorado for some reason. (?)

That late in the yr the snow there was terrible, so we drug that trailer up to Dubois where the snow was only slightly less terrible and we rode there for a cpl days, and headed home.

Then the next summer my BIL had the forktruck stuck out here, and he hooked a chain onto the truck hitch, and tugged a bit, and the 2" sqr tube plug-in broke ratt in half.

It was rotted 3/4 away all the way around - basically at the outside edge of the receiver. 

There it lay, on the ground....

"Dang, we just drug a small enclosed trailer halfway accrost the bloody country a few months ago with that!"

I guess that's what the chains are for?

[/Prolly told this story already, but since it's true I can tell the same story many times without changing the names and events... Something my wife never seems to be able to doo]

--------------

"I guess that's what the chains are for?"

Well, on our way home from Laramie a few weeks ago (again - on Easter) my chum tells me a story that I think that he may have told me before...

A chum of his who has always been single and had more dollars than cents had this big motor home, and a trailer that he towed behind it that was built to have been a dbl decker race car trailer, but they had it stuffed full'a snowmachines. 

They had just gotten back from a trip to Colorado, and was backing into his driveway - when the whole hitch just broke away from the frame of the motorhome and hit the deck, with the trailer still attached.

I'm thinkin' that in this case - those chains weren't gunna doo much good....

Can you imagine driving down the road and having a dbl decker race car trailer with a tongue full'o sparks crossing the yellow line with you in it's sights?

Have I ever mentioned that I hate tow-behinds?

I love my goose!

On 5/19/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ox said:

[Prolly told this story already, but since it's true I can tell the same story many times without changing the names and events... Something my wife never seems to be able to doo]

IDK, must'a been 7-8 yrs ago? 

Me and chum got a late ride on Easter weekend out west.

Picked up a trailer that a chum of his had left at their camp in Colorado for some reason. (?)

That late in the yr the snow there was terrible, so we drug that trailer up to Dubois where the snow was only slightly less terrible and we rode there for a cpl days, and headed home.

Then the next summer my BIL had the forktruck stuck out here, and he hooked a chain onto the truck hitch, and tugged a bit, and the 2" sqr tube plug-in broke ratt in half.

It was rotted 3/4 away all the way around - basically at the outside edge of the receiver. 

There it lay, on the ground....

"Dang, we just drug a small enclosed trailer halfway accrost the bloody country a few months ago with that!"

I guess that's what the chains are for?

[/Prolly told this story already, but since it's true I can tell the same story many times without changing the names and events... Something my wife never seems to be able to doo]

--------------

"I guess that's what the chains are for?"

Well, on our way home from Laramie a few weeks ago (again - on Easter) my chum tells me a story that I think that he may have told me before...

A chum of his who has always been single and had more dollars than cents had this big motor home, and a trailer that he towed behind it that was built to have been a dbl decker race car trailer, but they had it stuffed full'a snowmachines. 

They had just gotten back from a trip to Colorado, and was backing into his driveway - when the whole hitch just broke away from the frame of the motorhome and hit the deck, with the trailer still attached.

I'm thinkin' that in this case - those chains weren't gunna doo much good....

Can you imagine driving down the road and having a dbl decker race car trailer with a tongue full'o sparks crossing the yellow line with you in it's sights?

Have I ever mentioned that I hate tow-behinds?

I love my goose!

There is a reason for at least annual inspections lol, but crap does happen. 

-20 and snowing hard and I hit a pothole with the open trailer, 10 inch tires.

Snapped the axle stub right off. Unloaded, close to home so I turned around.

Makes me question the 10 inch tires sometimes.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:26 PM, signfan said:

If I had a sled on order and it wasn't coming before x-mas can't say I'd put up with it.  This will all pass in a years time.  Guess hanging onto what we have was a good call for another season.

Noticed on dootalk from some fairly reputable sources (Quebec) that BRP is going to be short 900ace motors and not meet production numbers. I suppose this would include both the NR 900's and the turbos - being the same engine. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, slomo said:

Noticed on dootalk from some fairly reputable sources (Quebec) that BRP is going to be short 900ace motors and not meet production numbers. I suppose this would include both the NR 900's and the turbos - being the same engine. 

Gotta be more to this story.  They own their own engine manufacturing plant.  Are they having troubles sourcing parts (bearings, pistons, etc??).

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Gotta be more to this story.  They own their own engine manufacturing plant.  Are they having troubles sourcing parts (bearings, pistons, etc??).

I will try to locate the thread read in passing....general gist was underestimating the number of engines needed and being shipped for the year with increased numbers ordered for covid. Just something for potential buyers / possibly spring orders for certain models to think about, particularly if the dealer or elsewhere has your last year's sled. 

On 5/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, scottyr said:

You may be right.   I just dont need to tie up $40K in 2 Seadoos and a trailer for a month and a half of riding.    Its the same as getting your new sleds in Feb.    

Still haven’t gotten my new zero turn. Dealer bringing me a used unit tomorrow to use for abit, until and if my new unit comes in. Rumour has it Ferris isn’t going to make all zeros on order this year and use covid as an excuse to not delivery. Delivery date was March, then May, then June and now is TBA In computer. Wtf 😂

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, slomo said:

I recall reading the same post over there as well.....just tried to locate it quickly, but no luck.

3 hours ago, slomo said:

There is a shortage of 900R motors.   BRP has cancelled all 900Rs that were ordered as "demos" or "unsold-stock".   My dealer told me that BRP is scrambling to figure out how they are going to supply all these motors.    

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Still haven’t gotten my new zero turn. Dealer bringing me a used unit tomorrow to use for abit, until and if my new unit comes in. Rumour has it Ferris isn’t going to make all zeros on order this year and use covid as an excuse to not delivery. Delivery date was March, then May, then June and now is TBA In computer. Wtf 😂

We still don't even have a VIN # for a dirt bike that is supposed to deliver by the end of this month.

I do feel for dealers - hard to deliver any kind of "service" when you can't get anything concrete from your suppliers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

We still don't even have a VIN # for a dirt bike that is supposed to deliver by the end of this month.

Is it a Yamaha?    Yamaha is having a huge problem delivering units.    My Yamaha dealer buddy has already given back 20 deposits for MY21 YZs that have not shown up.  

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Is it a Yamaha?    Yamaha is having a huge problem delivering units.    My Yamaha dealer buddy has already given back 20 deposits for MY21 YZs that have not shown up.  

Kawi

Will likely end up the same way - but we're holding out for now.

Bought a carrier, both kids gear lol

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Kawi

Will likely end up the same way - but we're holding out for now.

Bought a carrier, both kids gear lol

I know, or I think you mentioned, that you are already riding at a friends place on I assume their bikes, but there is a place up towards Peterborough that rent bikes and provide a multiday staycation.....I think they ride in the Ganny, but I am not 100% certain of that. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, revrnd said:

That's one thing I won't fab is trailer hitch parts for on road vehicles. ATVs or SxSs sure.

My neighbour from hell asked me if I could repair his trailer. I said nope, no ticket or insurance. The trailer should've been hauled directly to Cedardale Scrap. Someone had fabbed it out of muffler tubing & the welded corner were the A frame met the square was pretty much rusted half away.

Liability sucks.

I asked a local shop to cut me a 1 inch hole towards the end of a lift truck fork. So I  could put a ball hitch in it, move some trailers.

Hard nope.

Only when I stated it was for some cattle moving equipment, this is not a fork lift part, I'll sign off on that, pay cash. no bill, did it happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1