2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Turbo Doo

• Turbo Doo changed the title to 2022 Skidoo Production Starts

Those will be the last models off the line :poke2:

I think in '94 the '95 MY Mach Zs & MXZx 440s were the last to show up @ the dealers. I know I was getting worried when my 440 was going to arrive.

Does BRP provide the dealers w/ a production schedule? I know when I ordered my '01 or '04, they had the schedule in their hands.

13 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@revrnd,  as long as they both show up before the snow,  it's all good. I do know that dealers know when they are shipped,  I'm not sure if they need to know manufacturing dates.

I think mine was built in August (according to the info from the spring). It was shipped to the dealer in September/

Think this year is a crap shoot. Supply chains of every kind are in turmoil.

Anything with a microchip in it is also in question, production wise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am fairly confident sleds will be fine. With the early spring order push,  I am more then confident. 

I dunno. Wait and see. Zero intial delivery date was first week of April. Now it is second week of may and nothing. What a crap shoot it is lately. Hopefully brp can keep sleds rolling which isn’t case with the atv’s, but those are made in Mexico I believe. Dealer got 2 last time I checked out if his 26 on list.

4 hours ago, vooodooo said:

It could very well be with so many other things in turmoil too.

But I am wishful that Ski-Doo is ahead of the curve regarding their supply chain......the writing has been on the wall for a bit now and if I am not mistaken, the pre-order numbers were capped already, which one would think they already had what was needed to fulfil those numbers.

Weren't some Polaris sleds shipped with no shocks last year?

22 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Weren't some Polaris sleds shipped with no shocks last year?

yep....I think people feel as though that is why they are now offering another manufacture of shock on the 2022's.

11 hours ago, vooodooo said:

What is the latest news on the chips ?  I hadn't really thought about this potentially affecting sleds.  But there is alot of auto production halted 

Saw a load of Sea-doos north of Ptbo today...

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Saw a load of Sea-doos north of Ptbo today...

That's a good sign - our dealer told us last week his were back ordered into the end of July now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

That's a good sign - our dealer told us last week his were back ordered into the end of July now.

Well that sucks.....that would be similar to not getting your sled until the end of Jan / early Feb.

Will be some interesting times ahead of us, might be some excited people, more than usual that is.

11 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

What is the latest news on the chips ?  I hadn't really thought about this potentially affecting sleds.  But there is alot of auto production halted 

Chip problems into next year according to CNBC!

• Sad 1

My 2 new Seadoos are pushed back to June delivery which makes me think that it will be July.    I made it very clear to my dealer that I will not be taking them if I am not riding by the 2nd weekend of July.  

Rumour has it that BRP is coming to the realization that they do not have enough 900R motors to fulfill all Spring Orders.    All demo 900Rs orders have been cancelled and there will be none available for stock in the fall.   

11 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Rumour has it that BRP is coming to the realization that they do not have enough 900R motors to fulfill all Spring Orders.    All demo 900Rs orders have been cancelled and there will be none available for stock in the fall.   

Sure am glad I ordered mine earlier, Feb 25ish I think.....hoping if there is shortages, I assume BRP processes orders based on first in is first out so to speak, where it makes sense given the various models that come off the assembly line.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

My 2 new Seadoos are pushed back to June delivery which makes me think that it will be July.    I made it very clear to my dealer that I will not be taking them if I am not riding by the 2nd weekend of July.  

The dealer will be able to sell them in July for probably more then you paid, so be careful what you ask for, unless you have no use for the seadoos after July

34 minutes ago, scottyr said:

That would be a bit of a bummer. I'd think many ordered that motor.

If they don't have what's needed for even spring orders, that doesn't bode well for dealers regular orders.

I'd be fine waiting for my new sled, just rock the mach until it arrives.

Maybe don't sell you're current sled until the spring order arrives.

7 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Chip problems into next year according to CNBC!

The tides have changed the consumer has little or no control about major purchases it seems, everything  "is no inventory" and "back ordered" which is driving prices up. Glad I bought a compact tractor in March because the dealer is sold out and doesn't know if he can get much more and the price will $2-3K more. Ouch.

Edited by Muskoka Bill

5 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

The dealer will be able to sell them in July for probably more then you paid, so be careful what you ask for, unless you have no use for the seadoos after July

Yup.

I won't raise a stink for my spring order sled either if it doesn't come in when stated...that was for January delivery.

I've had certain, very high tech, hot tub parts on backorder for almost a year. No delivery dates ever given. Managed to beg the actual manufacturer for one of a very specific heater. The tech support rep ( we've dealt with this guy for decades) said there is none in Canada, two in the US. He got one shipped to me. Thankful for it.

Lol, wife asked for maybe send us both?...hard nope.

12 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

You may be right.   I just dont need to tie up $40K in 2 Seadoos and a trailer for a month and a half of riding.    Its the same as getting your new sleds in Feb.    

3 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

Yup.

I won't raise a stink for my spring order sled either if it doesn't come in when stated...that was for January delivery.

I've had certain, very high tech, hot tub parts on backorder for almost a year. No delivery dates ever given. Managed to beg the actual manufacturer for one of a very specific heater. The tech support rep ( we've dealt with this guy for decades) said there is none in Canada, two in the US. He got one shipped to me. Thankful for it.

Lol, wife asked for maybe send us both?...hard nope.

You are smart enough to know that pissing off the dealer by ranting will not make your sled come any faster. I heard about the hot tub shortage and that there has not been any inventory for the last 6 months, in fact one dealer claimed sales are up 500% over the same period a year ago.

4 minutes ago, scottyr said:

You may be right.   I just dont need to tie up $40K in 2 Seadoos and a trailer for a month and a half of riding.    Its the same as getting your new sleds in Feb.    

Think outside the box. Wet suits, good ones. Extends the riding season to 8 months.

• Like 1