Doo Owners - Windshield or Handguard mount mirrors?

Gadgetman

19 hours ago, stoney said:

That is possible I suppose, I know for me I have always used the mirrors that goes on your wrist in the past to keep an eye on the following sled in our group and never had that happen, yet.

I figured for the small price of the hand guard ones that Doo offers, I would try that instead.

I am sure the the windshield mounted ones will be much better given the field of view to see more & from what others have shared - just a personal preference and whatever works for you is what really matters :right_on:

Is that open house spin the wheel thing you mention for all dealers or just your dealer? I like that promotion.....would be great to get 50% off the accessories I ordered!

I expect that it is this dealers promotion, may explain why he has gone from a small old shop 15+ years ago, to owning 3 dealerships for rec products. That small old place is expanded and updated. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lazy, in regards to taking the stickers off. Pilot TX skis. 

I too selected the Pilot TX. Now that I see that the carbides are $220 each, I really hope I like them. I wasn't installing ski wheels on this sled as they are now $400/pair, thinking $400 buys a lot of carbides, I guess not so with the Pilot TX. Waits to be seen.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I too selected the Pilot TX. Now that I see that the carbides are $220 each, I really hope I like them. I wasn't installing ski wheels on this sled as they are now $400/pair, thinking $400 buys a lot of carbides, I guess not so with the Pilot TX. Waits to be seen.

you can have mine for free

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I be happy with a collision avoidance system that would automatically slow sled down and move it right when it detects oncoming traffic. 

I solved that problem by wearing one of these. Oncoming traffic brakes hard, slows down and moves over when he sees me. Works fairly well when stopped by the side of the trail also.  Apparently, I guess their  first thought is either Trail Patrol or Police. (Especially beneficial in QC.)

(But, we are a bit off topic...)

Safety Vest.JPG

27 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I solved that problem by wearing one of these. Oncoming traffic brakes hard, slows down and moves over when he sees me. Works fairly well when stopped by the side of the trail also.  Apparently, I guess their  first thought is either Trail Patrol or Police. (Especially beneficial in QC.)

(But, we are a bit off topic...)

Safety Vest.JPG

No one gives you a hard time in Quebec about intimidating trail patrol officers or anything along that line? You aren’t first person to say this and it is a decent idea no doubt. I wear a safety jacket like that when I ship chickens. Definitely makes a difference as far as viability goes. 
Maybe it is time for an OC bulk order with our names on back. 👍

12 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

No one gives you a hard time in Quebec about intimidating trail patrol officers or anything along that line? You aren’t first person to say this and it is a decent idea no doubt. I wear a safety jacket like that when I ship chickens. Definitely makes a difference as far as viability goes. 
Maybe it is time for an OC bulk order with our names on back. 👍

Not so far. Also, Trail Patrol QC wear Orange, so I specifically wear Green; the mind just registers a vest first, reactions start, then the mind begins to process the color.:grin:

• Like 1