Kapuskasing Lodging for 2022

Sheza Renegade

Greatings.  Probably not a lot of guys hanging in here right at this time of year but wanted all arrangements made this summer.

Looking for hotel that is easy access.

No running payment down town to get to room.

And not too run down.

Last 10 day trip north some hotels where seeing better days.

We will have truck so restaurant close by is ok.

Thanks 

Edited by revrnd
Correct topic name

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Comfort inn is great, as well as the super 8.  

Does anyone know for sure what the situation is at the Comfort Inn for truck trailer parking on an ongoing basis.

37 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Does anyone know for sure what the situation is at the Comfort Inn for truck trailer parking on an ongoing basis.

I'm giving the hotel, from an accommodation provider perspective, the benefit of the doubt, and consider that they had for the first time a situation where they had that many trucks and trailers staging out of their hotel. They did make an effort to find an alternate place to park when you left for another hotel. If I'm arriving and paying for a room, but have no place to park, my position would be the person paying for that night should have room to park at the door. 

Kap has always been good to sledders, that I know of, for the last 20 years. 

I'd be surprised if the situation occurs again because it is far more enjoyable to sled to Kap from NL or even Kirkland Lake, than to drive that distance on the road. I expect most of us that trailer up north stage out of NL, KL or Cochrane most years (and I go back to 1998).

to stay on topic: the 3 hotels suggested are about it. I don't have us stay in Kap anymore, we are either Cochrane or Hearst for the night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm not too sure.  I'm sure they are fine.  I would call.  The guys had the issues at the super 8 this winter with parking.

Earlier in the other discussion it was mentioned that the Comfirt Inn's lot is a bit confined for rig parking.

I think this winter was an aberration. Normally sledders are riding rather than driving to Kap'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• revrnd changed the title to Kapuskasing Lodging for 2022

Thank you.  

We stayed a couple nights at the Chain of Lakes Motel.  It’s 2 buildings over from the Super 8.  

Rooms were decent but dated.   Bathrooms could use refreshing but it was clean and staff were nice.

Trail was across highway and down the road about 150m.   You could run the south ditch into town no different the Super 8.

lots of parking

I will book there again.    

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That was sled junks favourite place. Sucks restaurant closed near by though. 

Loosing the Caseys restaurant was no loss given what we experienced there a short time before they closed. Papa Franco's is very good unless you are trying to go there on a Monday.

23 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Loosing the Caseys restaurant was no loss given what we experienced there a short time before they closed. Papa Franco's is very good unless you are trying to go there on a Monday.

FYI, it's was the  Advantage,  not the Apollo....Papa Francos within walking distance...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

FYI, it's was the  Advantage,  not the Apollo....Papa Francos within walking distance...

Yep, I understand but SF was speaking of the restaurant that closed. Wasn't that the Casey's, which then became a Chuck's Roadhouse and it is apparently "temporarily " closed as well?

16 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yep, I understand but SF was speaking of the restaurant that closed. Wasn't that the Casey's, which then became a Chuck's Roadhouse and it is apparently "temporarily " closed as well?

Correct PLC...If I had to stay at the Apollo,  I'd rather sleep on my sled..

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Correct PLC...If I had to stay at the Apollo,  I'd rather sleep on my sled..

You got something against shag carpets and wood panelling TD?LOL

23 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You got something against shag carpets and wood panelling TD?LOL

The Dutchman and I once were asked to go on a trip with 2 acquaintances of his. They had booked the rooms etc.  I was unaware that 1 night was at the Apollo, this was quite a few years ago,  after we had checked in, yes the wood panelliing and shag carpet was there, there was no hot water, no one at the front desk,  heat was broke. I was ready to suit up, and sleep on my sled.  I'll never be  in that place ever again.