BRP Jumps on the EV Bandwagon

revrnd

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

TD's next half ton:

May be an image of outdoors

3 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Not sure what Mrs. TD is going to think about riding to Cochrane in that!! 
:baghead:

32 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You can tell her..:poke2:. That's her new tow rig for her new '22 900T R...:evil2:

Well it might be a bit breezy with no roof but it is yellow and if it drives i will go :icon_steer:

Mr TD I think your 900 TR will go nicely on the back but mine will be enclosed in my trailer pulled behind this rig.:rotflmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, snowchopper said:

I've watched a number of the videos on the Taiga, and I must say I'm impressed!

180 hp instantly is insane. (0 t0 120 kph in 2.9 secs)

However the 130 km radius is very disappointing.

I'd buy one if only I could get Revrnd to make a Linq bracket for a couple of spare battery packs  :lol:

Edited by Bigfish
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

Well it might be a bit breezy with no roof but it is yellow and if it drives i will go :icon_steer:

Mr TD I think your 900 TR will go nicely on the back but mine will be enclosed in my trailer pulled behind this rig.:rotflmao:

No photo description available.

Cab is an option. Speaking from experience we'd wear a parka coat driving 1 outdoors in the winter. In the summer time we went 'doors off' like the Jeepers do. 

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

I'd buy one if only I could get Revrnd to make a Linq bracket for a couple of spare battery packs  :lol:

I think you'd want to beef up the tunnel if you were thinking of that. :wtf:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

That is rather sporting of you!!:cheers:

That’s telling TD what order the pecking line is in. Tell him you will allow that!! :rotflmao:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I've watched a number of the videos on the Taiga, and I must say I'm impressed!

180 hp instantly is insane. (0 t0 120 kph in 2.9 secs)

However the 130 km radius is very disappointing.

Make it run 200kms on a charge, have the infrastructure, and I may have a look..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

That is rather sporting of you!!:cheers:

That’s telling TD what order the pecking line is in. Tell him you will allow that!! :rotflmao:

He knows his place well by now ;):rotflmao:.

You have to at least try a new rig once to know you like it or not right?!

Still not sure if I like electric rides though.  Still not reliable enough for me yet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok so seriously not sure about these new electic rides.  Maybe great for those who like the Southern trails that are closer to home and able to plug in, but for long rides where cell phones don't always work sounds like a H&S issue to me.  Also batteries take a lot of energy to make, are not easily recycled either.  They already have to burry decommissioned wind turbines because they can't recycle them.  Seems counter productive to the environment to me.

Also there is something very off with a Tesla that can download a sound that imitates a Harley.  Hmmmm seems like it is a wannabe verses owning up to what it is.

Now there would be some value if they are quite because maybe I can finally see a Moose on the trail but then everyone would also hear me singing or cursing out Mr TD in my helmet...:rotflmao:  Be careful what you wish for.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

Now there would be some value if they are quite because maybe I can finally see a Moose on the trail but then everyone would also hear me singing or cursing out Mr TD in my helmet...

I was thinking that riders may see way too many animals than they want to where they don't want to if there isn't enought sound for animals to be gone before you get there. On the other hand it would be fun to hear you "educating" your hubby along the trail.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I was thinking that riders may see way too many animals than they want to where they don't want to if there isn't enought sound for animals to be gone before you get there. On the other hand it would be fun to hear you "educating" your hubby along the trail.

I like the phrase "educating" my hubby.  I will have to use that.

I agree about the wildlife we might see more then what we bargain for.  It would be shame if they could not escape fast enough.  I would hate to see more "road" or in this case trail kill.  I might not want to come up on a pack of wolves with a kill either.  Not a place I want to be.  

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

will see it on the islands  whenever we can go again     so many vehicles there that will and can never make it here  

5 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

will see it on the islands  whenever we can go again     so many vehicles there that will and can never make it here  

Quite a few years ago I saw an item about a little commercial van that GM Turkey built. About the same size as the little rebadged Chev (Nissan) van.

14 minutes ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

I like the phrase "educating" my hubby.  I will have to use that.

I agree about the wildlife we might see more then what we bargain for.  It would be shame if they could not escape fast enough.  I would hate to see more "road" or in this case trail kill.  I might not want to come up on a pack of wolves with a kill either.  Not a place I want to be.  

It may trigger a new phrase "trail kill". Who know, some say road kill is yummy and the sled version would be flash frozen.

• Haha 1