Dealer stories- Good and bad

UsedtoSkidoo

On 7/30/2021 at 10:56 PM, Nunz said:

Thanks for sharing, I’ve sent a pic of this to Mike as he’s a  friend of mine and great family dealership. 

Nunz- Thank you. If only all Dealers were like Rickwards !!!!!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Happened to us too when brp shut down blue sky in new Hamburg.  Now,  I go to St mary’s, since I don’t like other dealer choice near by. 
St mary’s Just sells sleds and quads. If brp every shuts them down, I am

Finished with skidoo, I go back to Polaris. 

So which Polaris dealer then?

• 7 months later...

I’ll also add to Rickwards reputation. Growing up in the Kearney area for 30yrs or so, I know my grandparents always dealt with them for their Polaris sleds. So when the wife and I decided to snowcheck a Polaris, they were the first dealer I thought of. 
we called to see if they had a demo sled to try and I guess Polaris doesn’t offer demo sleds to dealers anymore (my understanding anyways) so Bonnie said we could try their personal sleds. So we did just that, drove over 3hrs for an hour sled ride. Great family run business, very friendly and always take the time to talk and answer any questions. We will always make the drive to Rickwards, even though there’s plenty of dealers within a 30min radius of us. 
Awesome family run dealer and we’re already looking forward to next season! 

• Like 5

Byers in Orillia.

Everything went smooth as silk when I bought my sled, when we picked up it was detailed to absolute perfection, felt they really appreciated my business. Fast forward to almost 2 yrs later, a repair under extended warranty did not go well. Repaired in the summer, first time on the trails it was well out of warranty. Under 10 miles from the trailer the engine locked up solid (yes warmed up, yes all fluids full). The service guys looked it over and after a short discussion had a new drop in engine on the way and installed by end of the week. They made 100% good on a repair gone bad and when I picked it up sled was spotlessly clean. 

Their no hassle honesty is something I will never forget.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good Yami Dealer story .. 

Bought my Sidewinder from Fenelon Falls Marina. Since than they have done everything "right" in words of customer service. 

They go beyond the call to ensure everything is set up and good to go. 

We were just headed up to Cochrane a month ago and i was pre loaded with some other sleds. ( mainly skidoos)

Sled was acting weird, so we called and asked if they would have a look at it before making the trek north.

Upon arrival, it was off and in the shop. After 10 minutes they found a hole in the intercooler piping. Didnt have one in stock, but had a customer sled who was down for a while. Took it off that one, and got me up and running. 

Had warranty issues upon return and famous jackshaft bearing issue. Boom. All taken care of under warranty. 

The ski doo guys i was with couldnt believe the treatment i received, and even said to the owner that they would consider buying a yamaha after seeing the service level i received. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Blew my engine. Sourced one used and took it to Wayne Dillaboughs cat dealer. Great guy. He found a couple of issues one he pulled the old one which drove labour up. Took pictures of everything to keep me in the loop and did 7 hours of labor which he did not bill me for. Small family business he turns wrenches as well. Great dealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Happened to us too when brp shut down blue sky in new Hamburg.  Now,  I go to St mary’s, since I don’t like other dealer choice near by. 
St mary’s Just sells sleds and quads. If brp every shuts them down, I am

Finished with skidoo, I go back to Polaris. 

So, BRP didnt shut them down, but they retired.  Are you sticking with Delta now, or oging to Poo???  🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Dave K said:

So, BRP didnt shut them down, but they retired.  Are you sticking with Delta now, or oging to Poo???  🤷‍♂️

Honestly those new Polaris are pretty nice. Use to have 3 skidoo dealers within 30 mins now only one. Heard there is a private guy over by Atwood that is good too. My buddy goes there with his skidoo. So my try them. He always has great service there. Drop off Monday fixed before weekend 😎

This winter l noticed a new building going up between Harriston and Clifford, beside the Pioneer gas bar. Today a Polaris sign was hanging off the fence . Could this be a new home for POO ?

28 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

This winter l noticed a new building going up between Harriston and Clifford, beside the Pioneer gas bar. Today a Polaris sign was hanging off the fence . Could this be a new home for POO ?

Yes.  Palmerston Motors is building that new shop.    

On 4/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Honestly those new Polaris are pretty nice. Use to have 3 skidoo dealers within 30 mins now only one. Heard there is a private guy over by Atwood that is good too. My buddy goes there with his skidoo. So my try them. He always has great service there. Drop off Monday fixed before weekend 😎

Would that be Triple B spraying?  They do fixing of sleds in the winter.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yes I believe that’s it. Ever tried them? 

No, Always stuck with Doug, but may give them a try this fall.