Jump to content
Nunz

What is everyone ordering for 2022

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Thanks again Turbo Doo!  That answers my question :D

No problem. :right_on:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AC+YA said:

I have ordered my first NOTACAT since 1998 and it is like those you have ordered.  (XR-S Renegade Turbo 900 R)

 

Congratulations, I think and hope, on your choice for 2022. That is no small decision so you obviously considered it carefully.

In the last couple of years, I have noticed others making a switch away from Cat and Yamaha to POO or DOO (also some movement to Yamaha in the Yamacat era). I hope not too many make that shift, since I feel we are close to losing one or both of AC and Yamaha from sled production. That couldn't be good for snowmobilers in general, could it? As things stand now, its hard to see how we could lose one of AC or Yam without losing the other, and a two horse race in all likelihood would drive up prices. Off and on, as long as I have been sledding, rumours of losing a manufacturer have popped up only to be quickly squashed. I haven't even heard such a rumour lately, but I am a bit paranoid.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 8:17 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Congrats. Heated seat a add on, obviously?. It's not standard equipment,  unless it's a Enduro..

Yep, Add on. I think it's worth the 500 bucks. List was $650. Dealer dropped it %20 and threw in the heated shield option port no charge. Without me asking for such.

Friends around me go to this dealer with nothing but good reviews.

I see why.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the pricing from a different dealer.

 

20210402_200616.jpg

 

I will transfer the windshield and mirrors from my 2020 to the new one. I cancelled the heated seat and will ride another sled on the coldest days.

 

 

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, AC+YA said:

I have ordered my first NOTACAT since 1998 and it is like those you have ordered.  (XR-S Renegade Turbo 900 R)

Congratulations on the new sled Scott. Really happy with my 21 of the same model. Will definitely be strange to see you on a Doo. Hopefully see you next season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, FIRE242 said:

Congratulations on the new sled Scott. Really happy with my 21 of the same model. Will definitely be strange to see you on a Doo. Hopefully see you next season.

Thanks. 
I will PM you this fall about the lights you put in.  Just too busy right now and it may be a while before the sled gets here. 
Seems SkiDoo told my dealer that all the Spring Order sleds will be later than usual and it could be as late as next January before they arrive here in Michigan.  
Not a good start on my first 4-stroke SkiDoo.  I have had 5 SkiDoo sleds over the years.  My first was a 1969 Olympic.  This should be a great sled. 
 

Paige and I have had both Covid shots and are hoping that can open the border to us by next season?

Really going to hurt if we can’t ride in Canada another season.......  

Take Care. 
Scott

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Thanks. 
I will PM you this fall about the lights you put in.  Just too busy right now and it may be a while before the sled gets here. 
Seems SkiDoo told my dealer that all the Spring Order sleds will be later than usual and it could be as late as next January before they arrive here in Michigan.  
Not a good start on my first 4-stroke SkiDoo.  I have had 5 SkiDoo sleds over the years.  My first was a 1969 Olympic.  This should be a great sled. 
 

Paige and I have had both Covid shots and are hoping that can open the border to us by next season?

Really going to hurt if we can’t ride in Canada another season.......  

Take Care. 
Scott

Hopefully by then things will have settled down somewhat.  But looking around this province,  it's going to take some  time for that. Congrats again on the 900T R. Lots and lots of those spring ordered this year. Hope to see you guys in the NCDN this coming season.  

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Thanks. 
I will PM you this fall about the lights you put in.  Just too busy right now and it may be a while before the sled gets here. 
Seems SkiDoo told my dealer that all the Spring Order sleds will be later than usual and it could be as late as next January before they arrive here in Michigan.  
Not a good start on my first 4-stroke SkiDoo.  I have had 5 SkiDoo sleds over the years.  My first was a 1969 Olympic.  This should be a great sled. 
 

Paige and I have had both Covid shots and are hoping that can open the border to us by next season?

Really going to hurt if we can’t ride in Canada another season.......  

Take Care. 
Scott

Hi Scott. Will Paige be riding arctic cat next season or switching to Skidoo as well? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AC+YA said:

Thanks. 
I will PM you this fall about the lights you put in.  Just too busy right now and it may be a while before the sled gets here. 
Seems SkiDoo told my dealer that all the Spring Order sleds will be later than usual and it could be as late as next January before they arrive here in Michigan.  
Not a good start on my first 4-stroke SkiDoo.  I have had 5 SkiDoo sleds over the years.  My first was a 1969 Olympic.  This should be a great sled. 
 

Paige and I have had both Covid shots and are hoping that can open the border to us by next season?

Really going to hurt if we can’t ride in Canada another season.......  

Take Care. 
Scott

Congrats again Scott on the new sled. PM anytime.

Edited by FIRE242
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Hopefully by then things will have settled down somewhat.  But looking around this province,  it's going to take some  time for that. Congrats again on the 900T R. Lots and lots of those spring ordered this year. Hope to see you guys in the NCDN this coming season.  

I remember you introducing yourself one morning at breakfast two seasons back at the Companion in Hearst.  Hope to see you again this season.

Thanks again.

Scott

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I remember you introducing yourself one morning at breakfast two seasons back at the Companion in Hearst.  Hope to see you again this season.

Thanks again.

Scott

X2..:right_on:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Hi Scott. Will Paige be riding arctic cat next season or switching to Skidoo as well? 

She is not happy with me trying a SkiDoo, but I hope she likes it also.

Paige is still a Cat Girl and will be riding her 2019 XF-8000 again as it only has about 10,000 miles on it.  If the SkiDoo comes as late as they say it could and the season starts early AND the border is open to those with vaccinations, I may be riding my 2018 XF-8000 at the start of the season.  It has over 16,000 miles on it.  Both motors still running like new with nothing done to them other than cleaning exhaust valves.  Seems they are lasting like the Suzuki motors did so far.  (These are miles not kilometers.)  

 

I was scared to go 2-stroke on anything but a CAT as we run lots of miles, but feel great about the 4-stroke 900 T lasting.  I have a 300 HP supercharged ACE motor in my SeaDoo which has never had any issues either.  All the 600 & 900 ACE motors NA and Turbo have been bulletproof as far as I know.  

 

My CAT Turbo Sled had driveline issues which made me swear off turbos, but have not heard any bad news about the SkiDoo Turbo Sleds coming apart.  I will be giving this one a good testing while it is under it's 3 years of warranty.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AC+YA said:

She is not happy with me trying a SkiDoo, but I hope she likes it also.

Paige is still a Cat Girl and will be riding her 2019 XF-8000 again as it only has about 10,000 miles on it.  If the SkiDoo comes as late as they say it could and the season starts early AND the border is open to those with vaccinations, I may be riding my 2018 XF-8000 at the start of the season.  It has over 16,000 miles on it.  Both motors still running like new with nothing done to them other than cleaning exhaust valves.  Seems they are lasting like the Suzuki motors did so far.  (These are miles not kilometers.)  

 

I was scared to go 2-stroke on anything but a CAT as we run lots of miles, but feel great about the 4-stroke 900 T lasting.  I have a 300 HP supercharged ACE motor in my SeaDoo which has never had any issues either.  All the 600 & 900 ACE motors NA and Turbo have been bulletproof as far as I know.  

 

My CAT Turbo Sled had driveline issues which made me swear off turbos, but have not heard any bad news about the SkiDoo Turbo Sleds coming apart.  I will be giving this one a good testing while it is under it's 3 years of warranty.  

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the reliability of the 900T and the sled. Very very few have had any issues, if any at all,  even tuned and rode extremely hard.  Our group will have 4 new 900T R's in various flavors next season.. 2 myself. Quite a few i know with over 20,000kms on them, no issues other then usual wear items..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting info from the dealer. Dealer is saying that the default on purchases during the Spring Check may be as high as 20%, based on the number of buyers having difficulties getting financing. So, he sold over 300, which yields 60 sleds may not have a defined owner from Spring check. 

Also, stated to my buddy with the Mach Z, December delivery at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the exact conversation with my dealer yesterday.   He said that on a normal year, 5-6% of people who Spring Break a sled dont close the deal.   He said he is quite concerned because if that number creeps up to 10% he could end up with 40-50 extra sleds in the fall that have no flooring or terms.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Interesting info from the dealer. Dealer is saying that the default on purchases during the Spring Check may be as high as 20%, based on the number of buyers having difficulties getting financing. So, he sold over 300, which yields 60 sleds may not have a defined owner from Spring check. 

Also, stated to my buddy with the Mach Z, December delivery at this point.

So when order is placed, someone who is financing has not yet been validated as a person that is good for it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't even fathom having to finance toys.  :headbang:.... Paying cash, and paying for toys outright  is still king imo..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stoney said:

So when order is placed, someone who is financing has not yet been validated as a person that is good for it? 

If I think about my purchase, he was only interested in my down payment, didn't ask if I was financing or paying cash. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guarantee that 70% + of all powersport machines are financed one way or another.   Either through a loan or on a LOC.    There arent a lot of guys who can truly pay cash for a $20K toy.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, signfan said:

What size of down payment are they collecting?

My dealer wanted $500.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

My dealer wanted $500.

We pay the same..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

If I think about my purchase, he was only interested in my down payment, didn't ask if I was financing or paying cash. 

Question was mentioned if I was taking the finance offer, said no, I’m paying outright, no finance.... and than the $500 deposit. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I guarantee that 70% + of all powersport machines are financed one way or another.   Either through a loan or on a LOC.    There arent a lot of guys who can truly pay cash for a $20K toy.  

I would not be surprised either.

I know financing toys is a risk, but life is short, so I also can understand why people would.

 

With the price of the new units, the 20ish'k can be a big pill to swallow with no trade in......but many trade up, so now you are just paying for the difference, that can be much easier, considered to be part of the yearly cost to sled or dirt bike, etc....

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...