What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

33 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

What’s hottest stock’s

any one owns lately. My biggest winner is nvidia. Done about 30 percent in last year.  Should do well this year too with all kids staying at home and playing video games. 

Truthfully, I've gone back to old school with dividend stocks and private equity as I sold off most of my open market equity positions.  So your Enbridge, TransCanada, BCE etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I agree 5 years is max I would do on a vehicle. All my vehicles are paid for. Have nothing under 10 years old except a red plastic Ferrari with a few thousand km’s on it. Paid cash for that one, since discount was close to 30 k at time. 

Did you trade the Vette?

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Truthfully, I've gone back to old school with dividend stocks and private equity as I sold off most of my open market equity positions.  So your Enbridge, TransCanada, BCE etc. 

Dividends are always a winning strategy!

13 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Also let's not even discuss how to become an entrepreneur as we can all live off government.

Shhh. That's the Great Reset which includes Wealth Redistribution and a heavy reliance on the federal government to take your money and spend it inefficiently for you. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Lots of places offer a cash discount I find. Use card loose that cash discount. Average is 2 percent usually. For two percent, I gladly right cheque. Even our feed company has a cash two percent discount that only applies on cheques or e transfers. Pay credit card loose that two percent and they will gladly take card. Some would get a free trip In no time with current commodity prices. 

That's thanks to the fees the credit card companies charge the merchant. The sad part for the merchant is the fees all vary dependent upon the card used. Amex is the highest of the bunch. If you're a large retailer such as Canadian Tire you can negotiate lower card fees but the small guy is stuck so with them cash is king where they get the full value for their products. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Living off the government?  

We would have gladly op't out of the teachers pension plan and gone straight to an RRSP, but this request was denied.  You know when you do that it reduces your income so you pay less tax so a 28K contribution gets you over 15K back, essentially 13K.  This is not a taxpayer contribution, its actually your own.

The most egregious one is CPP. If what I and my employer put into CPP was invested on my own rather than forced to let the federal government mishandle it I would be vastly better off than the pittance I get today. People should be able to opt out of CPP as long as they can show they are contributing to a locked in RSP at the same amount. Trudeau also wants to start calling it a Federal Benefit. 

Edited by 02Sled
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

That's thanks to the fees the credit card companies charge the merchant. The sad part for the merchant is the fees all vary dependent upon the card used. Amex is the highest of the bunch. If you're a large retailer such as Canadian Tire you can negotiate lower card fees but the small guy is stuck so with them cash is king where they get the full value for their products. 

The most egregious one is CPP. If what I and my employer put into CPP was invested on my own rather than forced to let the federal government mishandle it I would be vastly better off than the pittance I get today. People should be able to opt out of CPP as long as they can show they are contributing to a locked in RSP at the same amount. Trudeau also wants to start calling it a Federal Benefit. 

Agree 100%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

soooooooooo,  What is everyone ordering for 2022

A return to normal!

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

soooooooooo,  What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nothing, spent all my cash on a 2021 Polaris 850 SKS 146" in Dec last year and put over 3000k on it.

1609446641534-productstill.png

• Like 5

Son ordered a Tundra with the 600EFI engine. He also has a Turbo Nytro but with the closed trails in our area we found a whole new enjoyable sledding experience through the swamps and bush. Think at $9699 this sled is a bargain

tundra1.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Son ordered a Tundra with the 600EFI engine. He also has a Turbo Nytro but with the closed trails in our area we found a whole new enjoyable sledding experience through the swamps and bush. Think at $9699 this sled is a bargain

tundra1.png

Great entry point into the 'off trail' segment.  Definitely good price point. Congrats..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I agree 5 years is max I would do on a vehicle. All my vehicles are paid for. Have nothing under 10 years old except a red plastic Ferrari with a few thousand km’s on it. Paid cash for that one, since discount was close to 30 k at time. 

Ya I hear you. No payments here. I got a red plastic Ferrari too   mine doesn't have that many miles on it though 

IMG_20210421_192703483.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh and I think I posted earlier. 2022 Renne 600 Acer for the girls to fight over since we are keeping the 600 Acer mxz shorty.  My sled did get more ks on then I ever thought 6100km  but its perfect and gonna run it next year again and really looking forward already.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Great entry point into the 'off trail' segment.  Definitely good price point. Congrats..

You mean a snowmobile can go off trail without a 3” paddle and turbo?

I had a buddy growing up with a Tundra Long Track.  300cc I think.

Go just about anywhere without a 3 foot deep trench.  

I mean you could follow in it’s tracks.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

You mean a snowmobile can go off trail without a 3” paddle and turbo?

I had a buddy growing up with a Tundra Long Track.  300cc I think.

Go just about anywhere without a 3 foot deep trench.  

I mean you could follow in it’s tracks.   

Some might say, " the good ole days"

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 7:07 PM, oldslowsledder said:

tundra1.png

If that is a Medium windshield, and since going thru bush your son may want the stock low windshield,(REN X) Perhaps a trade or some combo, if he is interested? 3 inch difference. 

12 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

If that is a Medium windshield, and since going thru bush your son may want the stock low windshield,(REN X) Perhaps a trade or some combo, if he is interested? 3 inch difference. 

Thanks, I will mention it to him. I suspect he will keep the higher windshield only because he quite often brings grandson along with him

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I ordered one of these 

2022 TITAN Adventure 800 155 1.5" - Starting at $17,299 | Les Sports Dault  et frères

Didn't realise you had turned 65 already :)

All joking aside, nice ride!.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, Yamatario said:

Nothing, spent all my cash on a 2021 Polaris 850 SKS 146" in Dec last year and put over 3000k on it.

1609446641534-productstill.png

I saw you on the trail 2x last season around Seaforth.  

24 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Didn't realise you had turned 65 already :)

All joking aside, nice ride!.

I know I know.  It is a sled that I said I would never own in my life time.  My XCR was useless for taking the kids or towing.  I"ll be able to groom trails on the property with it and take the kids with me while I do that.  Once they are old enough, I'll be back on a normal sled.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I know I know.  It is a sled that I said I would never own in my life time.  My XCR was useless for taking the kids or towing.  I"ll be able to groom trails on the property with it and take the kids with me while I do that.  Once they are old enough, I'll be back on a normal sled.

Maybe two different sleds?

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

I saw you on the trail 2x last season around Seaforth.  

Awesome, we went through Seaforth at once or twice a week for 3 almost weeks in a row. I would go sledding with 2 different groups each week. I live in Exeter. Somedays if we had fresh snow i took the SKS otherwise I would ride my Sidewinder.

17 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Don’t underestimate the Titan.

It is a big machine but you can still ride it.

And do everything else you need.