What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

35 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Adding a processing fee illegal and when reported to Visa they will pull their service. 

Was never an issue for me as no one was interested in continuing with it after the reasoning was explained to them.

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Adding a processing fee illegal and when reported to Visa they will pull their service. 

I know one store that has a big sign on the door saying "All prices marked INCLUDE a 2.5% cash discount - if you would like to pay with a credit we reserve the right to increase the price by 2.5%".   

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Paying the dealer for the new sled with a credit card as a slap in the face to BRP  is cruel, if the dealer would even consider it. If you are unhappy with BRP then I suggest you show your displeasure directly to them rather than taking it out on your dealer.  If the dealer did accept a credit card for payment without dismay then he likely has the sled marked up enough to cover the cost of the card payment along with normal markup. Processing fees to dealers can be anywhere from 1.5% to 3.5% with the average likely about 2.25% (a $25,000.00 purchase at 2.25% would cost the retailer $625.00). At the dealership that I worked at, we would happily take Visa for a payment or down payment but only with the processing fee added to the total sale price .

I have never even thought to pay with a credit card    my dealer was taking them so he must have a low rate maybe ?  I did actually ask last year just for fun and they did stop the practice   so e-transfers it was. Regular purchases of parts  and accessories on the card 

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I absolutely cannot imagine financing toys. :icon_gunhead:.  Thank the lord we're fortunate enough to buy outright. I just can't imagine financing them 1 bit...:headbang:..

Except at 0% - other than the 5 years - you're fool to give away that money.

You're better off keeping your cash and earning interest and using their money for free.

It's the 5 years I wouldn't like.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

I have never even thought to pay with a credit card    my dealer was taking them so he must have a low rate maybe ?  I did actually ask last year just for fun and they did stop the practice   so e-transfers it was. Regular purchases of parts  and accessories on the card 

That makes good sense Nick.

14 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That makes good sense Nick.

Thanks. We have been treated real good over the years.  The sled deal I consider a purchase like a car etc where a certified cheque or bank draft is needed    If I recall I was able to pay with a personal check  now the process has changed which I understand.  With the accessories there is probably a different markup and incentive on the sales. Just assuming   We 

use our cards alot to get the best incentives but with MA's and PA's try and do cash or debit or checks.  Now it's e-transfers  little or no service fees for them.   The Costco MasterCard has real good incentives 

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Except at 0% - other than the 5 years - you're fool to give away that money.

You're better off keeping your cash and earning interest and using their money for free.

It's the 5 years I wouldn't like.

Nothing's ever free....

On 4/7/2021 at 4:03 PM, scottyr said:

I guarantee that 70% + of all powersport machines are financed one way or another.   Either through a loan or on a LOC.    There arent a lot of guys who can truly pay cash for a $20K toy.  

If you can't pay (cash$$$), you shouldn't play. I agree with Turbo Doo on that. Many expressions that light the path to real financial security come to mind when this is discussed, but the best is "Interest is to be earned, not paid." When I heard the numbers from a local dealer, I couldn't believe the percentage of power toys that were financed. F**king crazy. In my life, I have had a mortgage, one car loan and one start-up furniture loan. The latter two were paid off early. Pay with money you have earned and you will finish on top. I guess it all comes with entitlement. My generation is to blame.

13 minutes ago, tricky said:

If you can't pay (cash$$$), you shouldn't play. I agree with Turbo Doo on that. Many expressions that light the path to real financial security come to mind when this is discussed, but the best is "Interest is to be earned, not paid." When I heard the numbers from a local dealer, I couldn't believe the percentage of power toys that were financed. F**king crazy. In my life, I have had a mortgage, one car loan and one start-up furniture loan. The latter two were paid off early. Pay with money you have earned and you will finish on top. I guess it all comes with entitlement. My generation is to blame.

Life choices Tricky. 

Edited by Turbo Doo

8 hours ago, tricky said:

7 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Life choices Tricky. 

Not sure about entitlement - I would say confused priorities. In the "Wealthy Barber" by David Chilton, his strategy is "pay yourself first". (first edition) He advocates your allocations should include pension and savings payments each month to (for)  yourself in addition to paying your external bills. If day to day bills are paid and RRSP's and TFSA's, emergency funds etc. are taken care of to top up levels each year, indulge yourself with what is left over for other things in life. 

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Not sure about entitlement - I would say confused priorities. In the "Wealthy Barber" by David Chilton, his strategy is "pay yourself first". (first edition) He advocates your allocations should include pension and savings payments each month to (for)  yourself in addition to paying your external bills. If day to day bills are paid and RRSP's and TFSA's, emergency funds etc. are taken care of to top up levels each year, indulge yourself with what is left over for other things in life. 

Good practice if you can follow it.

But the YouTube videos of a 165” long track doing a wheelie in 6” of snow are more appealing to the cool crowd then a kid sitting on a shitter reading the Wealthy Barber!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Good practice if you can follow it.

But the YouTube videos of a 165” long track doing a wheelie in 6” of snow are more appealing to the cool crowd then a kid sitting on a shitter reading the Wealthy Barber!.

Should be a mandatory finance course in Grade 12-would help people  understand the long term dangers of too much debt-personal & governmental-with emphasis on the 'mental' amount of gov't debt!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Nothing's ever free....

There is an admin fee - big deal. 0% interest is just that. Car dealers have been doing it forever - and they play the game that you'll trade in and they make their money back on on the used vehicle. 

Like I said - you're making more interest on that cash in a regular savings account then you're paying on that loan. 

Sometimes paying "cash" is not the answer to things.

There is lots of money to be made keeping yours with you - paying cash over a 0% loan is better for others than you.

Debt can be a great thing, if used to buy assets that appreciate or produce income.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tricky said:

Everybody is different.

I am also a person who believes you need to have the money to play - but there is people who have a different take on that even. 

I know lots of people who have every single toy imagineable - they make their monthly payments and guess what - they can afford to do that - so they get to enjoy life that way - it works for them.

Financial security is nice idea -and you should strive for it - but I wouldn't miss out on things in life because you can't "pay in cash" for it - you'll die one day - and hopefully be very old - but I have seen WAY too many people go early and never really enjoy the fruits of anything.

I am going for balance - saving for a future - but not at the expense of not enjoying today - frig that.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Should be a mandatory finance course in Grade 12-would help people  understand the long term dangers of too much debt-personal & governmental-with emphasis on the 'mental' amount of gov't debt!

Who's gonna teach the people teaching it.

• Haha 1

This 0% interest topic is interesting.  When I bought my Sonata, I got a monthly payment out the door at their 0% financing for 3 years.  Then when calculated for a cash sale and bank financed for 3 years at 2.9% financing, the monthly payment was less and the cost of fimancing was less.  If you thing you are paying nothing for 0% financing you are crazy. Needless to say, I used the bank financing.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

This 0% interest topic is interesting.  When I bought my Sonata, I got a monthly payment out the door at their 0% financing for 3 years.  Then when calculated for a cash sale and bank financed for 3 years at 2.9% financing, the monthly payment was less and the cost of fimancing was less.  If you thing you are paying nothing for 0% financing you are crazy. Needless to say, I used the bank financing.

Your right about 0%. Again, nothing's free...if you really think all these 0% car loans are not making any money for the banks, well....

Edited by Turbo Doo

26 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Everybody is different.

I am also a person who believes you need to have the money to play - but there is people who have a different take on that even. 

I know lots of people who have every single toy imagineable - they make their monthly payments and guess what - they can afford to do that - so they get to enjoy life that way - it works for them.

Financial security is nice idea -and you should strive for it - but I wouldn't miss out on things in life because you can't "pay in cash" for it - you'll die one day - and hopefully be very old - but I have seen WAY too many people go early and never really enjoy the fruits of anything.

I am going for balance - saving for a future - but not at the expense of not enjoying today - frig that.

The bottom line is in the current low rate market there are many opportunities to use financing leveraging to your advantage.   It doesn't have to be against a 0% financed toy.

For instance, say a 1 million mortgage against a paid off home will cost less than 5K a month to carry and give almost 25K a year of interest deductible against your income.  If invested wisely, it can easily generate a 75K+ a year return of capital income stream with separate capital gain potential.    This model can be scaled up or down.     

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I haven’t looked lately but dealers use to offer various prices for new vehicles, one was cash that was lowest price than financing at 0 that resulted in higher vehicle price......