What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

On 4/7/2021 at 4:00 PM, signfan said:

What size of down payment are they collecting?

My dealer asked for $500, no biggie.

They did ask what promotion you want for the spring order.

I chose the %.99 financing rate.

That's $550 over 5 years.

Hard to argue with that.

Might as well keep my money, gain interest on it and pay for the sled over 5 years.

Question is, is that for everyone, seems so? What if you are maybe not credit worthy?

BRP has always been back stopped by government so it's probably meaningless.

Edited by vooodooo

13 hours ago, vooodooo said:

Hard to argue with that.

Might as well keep my money, gain interest on it and pay for the sled over 5 years.

Question is, is that for everyone, seems so? What if you are maybe not credit worthy?

Was there a one time account setup fee? 

23 hours ago, vooodooo said:

Hard to argue with that.

How did that impact warranty?

Somewhere they get your money.

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

How did that impact warranty?

Somewhere they get your money.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Shouldn't really affect warranty.  

I think if you took their special finance rate they offered, you lost a year warranty.....or if you took something else they were offering as well, you lost some warranty.

Could be wrong, but there was for sure mention of losing warranty based on other incentives.

50 minutes ago, stoney said:

I think if you took their special finance rate they offered, you lost a year warranty.....or if you took something else they were offering as well, you lost some warranty.

Could be wrong, but there was for sure mention of losing warranty based on other incentives.

That’s what they usually do. Warranty kind of useless anyways on a snowmobile. Most items they consider normal wear and tear. Out of all snowmobiles, I have owned only had a few minor things covered under warranty, usually happens on first few thousand km’s too. 

35 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s what they usually do. Warranty kind of useless anyways on a snowmobile. Most items they consider normal wear and tear. Out of all snowmobiles, I have owned only had a few minor things covered under warranty, usually happens on first few thousand km’s too. 

Good for resale and peace of mind. 

22 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Was there a one time account setup fee? 

Didn't see anything about that.

I know as much as anyone reading the above cut and paste from BRP.

I imagine it's setup once the sled is ready for delivery.

If they try to squirm out of the %.99 somehow, I guess I'd take the grand in accessories and just pay for it outright, maybe even with a credit card to show my displeasure.

Edited by vooodooo

59 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

If they try to squirm out of the %.99 somehow, I guess I'd take the grand in accessories and just pay for it outright, maybe even with a credit card to show my displeasure.

Yeah got to love that as low as 0.99 percent. 

On 4/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, vooodooo said:

Hard to argue with that.

5 years financing on a snowmobile? 

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I absolutely cannot imagine financing toys. :icon_gunhead:.  Thank the lord we're fortunate enough to buy outright. I just can't imagine financing them 1 bit...:headbang:..

Do you have kids?    There arent that many people who just have $25K laying around to buy a sled, bike, boat etc....   Even the ones that say they are paying cash are putting them on a HELOC.   

If you can get 0.9% or something like that, you are probably smarter to finance it even if you have the cash in the bank 

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Do you have kids?    There arent that many people who just have $25K laying around to buy a sled, bike, boat etc....   Even the ones that say they are paying cash are putting them on a HELOC.   

My sleds are never 25gs, I trade in each year. Again,  different strokes for different folks.  We work damn hard,  and make the odd sacrifice.  Paying for things is a good feeling.  Just my opinion.  Hard work pays off for some.

Edited by Turbo Doo

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

No kids. And my sleds are never 25gs, I trade in each year. Again,  different strokes for different folks.  We work damn hard,  and make the odd sacrifice.  Paying for things is a good feeling.  Just my opinion. 

Not everyone is in that position.    Its a lot easier for someone with no kids to do this.   Not picking a fight but its pretty tough for a 45 year old guy with 2 kids in hockey or even worse, university to pay cash for anything.    

12 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Not everyone is in that position.    Its a lot easier for someone with no kids to do this.   Not picking a fight but its pretty tough for a 45 year old guy with 2 kids in hockey or even worse, university to pay cash for anything.    

I never said it was.  I stated that 'I' could never imagine financing toys.  I'm just thankful we don't need to finance much. Toys especially.  :right_on:

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

I absolutely cannot imagine financing toys. :icon_gunhead:.  Thank the lord we're fortunate enough to buy outright. I just can't imagine financing them 1 bit...:headbang:..

%100 agree. Financing of toys is a non starter for me.....however, if they are willing to finance it at %.99, I can leave the money in my hand's and make more with it somewhere else.

I can afford to buy the sled without the financing, and will if that %.99 is a bait and switch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spiderman said:

5 years financing on a snowmobile? 

3 years I think. 

Immaterial to my situation.

The money is sitting there to pay for it outright, if that becomes necessary.

As Scotty said, not everyone is in that position, but at %.99 it's not a big interest cost, and with the used market as hot as it is, the 2022 900 Turbo R has a significant value above the previous models.

If someone ran into trouble paying for it, it would likely be easy to sell and not take a massive hit.

I know the wording in the offer states it's based on credit worthiness.

Like, how credit worthy, what score? I know mine, it's beyond reproach. It only suffers because I don't make any monthly installment payment of any kind. That is part of a credit score that makes little sense.

I am very interested in how that plays out, and will post once the deal starts to go down.

Banks and financing companies are in the business of making money.

My wife has run a tight ship for 25 years, All her lol, I was a credit disaster in the 90's.

If I don't deserve the %.99 interest rate, no one gets it. 

It's a BRP bait and switch.

Edited by vooodooo

On 4/18/2021 at 6:42 AM, vooodooo said:

Paying the dealer for the new sled with a credit card as a slap in the face to BRP  is cruel, if the dealer would even consider it. If you are unhappy with BRP then I suggest you show your displeasure directly to them rather than taking it out on your dealer.  If the dealer did accept a credit card for payment without dismay then he likely has the sled marked up enough to cover the cost of the card payment along with normal markup. Processing fees to dealers can be anywhere from 1.5% to 3.5% with the average likely about 2.25% (a $25,000.00 purchase at 2.25% would cost the retailer $625.00). At the dealership that I worked at, we would happily take Visa for a payment or down payment but only with the processing fee added to the total sale price .

• Like 2