What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

47 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

$1000 deposit on the MachZ/Lynx

Maybe you bought two sleds :)......  $500 each.....:wtf:

When I paid my deposit, I was told the $500.00 goes directly to Ski-Doo and not the dealer, which makes sense should the dealer go under between Spring and Fall. Your spring check order gets reallocated to another dealer to complete the sale/hand off.....which I have been fortunate enough to go down that hole...

Come to think of it, I do not think I have or heard of anyone that has paid more then $500.00.....but given the number of sleds pre-ordered and the large risk given our current environment, I am not surprised they are not asking for more.

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

I had the exact conversation with my dealer yesterday.   He said that on a normal year, 5-6% of people who Spring Break a sled dont close the deal.   He said he is quite concerned because if that number creeps up to 10% he could end up with 40-50 extra sleds in the fall that have no flooring or terms.    

So with potentially 10 - 20% of the spring orders failing on financing dealers will be on hook for those sleds. 

If there is suddenly 700 - 1000 or more new sleds dropped on market there could be deals to be had as dealers try to get inventory cleared.   It could be the reverse of this year.  

Used sleds demand would be high especially for those who cannot get financing on new.  

21 minutes ago, stoney said:

Maybe you bought two sleds :)......  $500 each.....:wtf:

When I paid my deposit, I was told the $500.00 goes directly to Ski-Doo and not the dealer, which makes sense should the dealer go under between Spring and Fall. Your spring check order gets reallocated to another dealer to complete the sale/hand off.....which I have been fortunate enough to go down that hole...

Come to think of it, I do not think I have or heard of anyone that has paid more then $500.00.....but given the number of sleds pre-ordered and the large risk given our current environment, I am not surprised they are not asking for more.

I know a few dealers who want 1g for a deposit.  Most are $500.

Well 4 of the 7 dealers I contacted said $1000 for the Mach/Lynx  and $500 for the rest. I do believe I saw in the fine print of the ads that also. I questioned a couple dealers and they said the dealers only taking $500 will be unpleasantly surprised when BRP asks for the other $500. 

25 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I know a few dealers who want 1g for a deposit.  Most are $500.

I only talked to three when I was checking around and all stated $500.00.

Being that the money goes to Doo, you would think it would be same across the board.....unless some dealers are considered gold vs. silver or bronze from a rating stand point.

Just now, stoney said:

Being that the money goes to Doo, you would think it would be same across the board.....unless some dealers are considered gold vs. silver or bronze from a rating stand point.

Not sure.  1 dealer I know wants a 1g for any ordered sled. My dealer has always been $500 for as long as I can remember.  

15 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I put more then that down a zero turn that costs 10k and no sign of it yet. Probabily show up in June. 

10k buys a lot of zero turn goats or rabbits...:bun:

• Haha 2

Will the Covid pricing for used continue to be higher then normal this fall?

How many spring order customers are relying on big used prices to help pay for the new sled?  How many are trading in or selling a sled privately?  Or are a new buyer?

How many OFSC permits were purchased last winter?

How many more new shedders can join the sport?   It would be interesting to know the total number of spring orders across the board to compare to previous years full sales.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

How many more new shedders can join the sport?   It would be interesting to know the total number of spring orders across the board to compare to previous years full sales.

Hate when there are shedders on the trail, make things real hairy!:lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stoney said:

$1K for the Mach Z, $500 everything else.

Bye bye.   :wavey:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

im seriously considering chucking the whole sport and disappearing down south all winter. 

Ontario is a huge disappointment right now.

At some point, I will do the same.   I give it 4-5 more years.   I wont be too old to ride, but I will just move onto a new hobby.    It wasnt many years ago that I was driving to TN or SC every 3rd weekend to race my dirt bike in the winter.   

53 minutes ago, scottyr said:

At some point, I will do the same.   I give it 4-5 more years.   I wont be too old to ride, but I will just move onto a new hobby.    It wasnt many years ago that I was driving to TN or SC every 3rd weekend to race my dirt bike in the winter.   

I'm 7 years away but I may step that up. I'm going to contact a real estate agent next week in Florida and move the process up. I'm also streamlining my work so I can disappear from January to March. If I can pull it off. I'll be just fine I think. Or I may miss it. Will see 

I may try my hand at deep sea fishing. I think that may be fun.

9 hours ago, Yamatario said:

10k buys a lot of zero turn goats or rabbits...:bun:

A horse or a cow will trim that grass even faster

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

im seriously considering chucking the whole sport and disappearing down south all winter. 

Ontario is a huge disappointment right now.

Only for the winter......at the rate things are going in this province, thinking of a full time switch.....:icon_gunhead:

• Like 1