What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

@Spanky I have a stock height X windshield at home, I'll try and show a comparison tonight the difference between the stock height and the medium height when I get home..

Thanks again, Turbo Doo!

The stock X windshield is too low for me at 6ft tall.  It directs the wind right into my chin and my helmet is forced upwards with the wind giving me a sore neck after a couple of days of riding.   

The medium windshield looks acceptable and works really good.    My 22 XRS will have one on it the day I pick it up (with mirrors).  

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The stock X windshield is too low for me at 6ft tall.  It directs the wind right into my chin and my helmet is forced upwards with the wind giving me a sore neck after a couple of days of riding.   

The medium windshield looks acceptable and works really good.    My 22 XRS will have one on it the day I pick it up (with mirrors).  

Do you leave the handguards on?  

Edited by Spanky

The handguards JUST touch the windshield at full extension and I have an XRS with the more forward steering post.   I am not the least bit concerned about the guards touching the w/shield   

7 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The handguards JUST touch the windshield at full extension and I have an XRS with the more forward steering post.   I am not the least bit concerned about the guards touching the w/shield   

Thanks scottyr!

On 3/26/2021 at 9:29 AM, Gadgetman said:

Well, after 11 years of Yamaha total reliability, I'm going back to the dark side, BRP. It was either drop $1 or $2K on a suspension upgrade on the 2013 Vector LTX, or buy a BRP REN X ACE Turbo R, 1.5 Ice Ripper ,which by my calculations may be close to 100lbs lighter than my Vector LTX. Dealer gave me a good price for my Yamaha VSTAR 1300 Tourer trade in. Dealer (Loiselle Sports in Embrun ON) 2022 sled sales is over 300 units so far, and still selling. (Not sure how he is going to assemble 300 sleds in a timely manner in the fall?)

I'm hoping the 1.5 track and lighter sled will avoid being stuck like this (which is me standing on my ruptured quad tendon (still unknown at that point) just after the roll-over) .

2022 REN X.PNG

20190226-Roll Over Standing.jpg

I remember that happened in Matane.  I was there a few days later after returning from a trip around New Brunswick where we were caught in that blizzard.  Amazing what we made it through on the way back up to Gaspe.  I ordered the same machine.  Hope everyone loves them.  My first NOTACAT since 1998.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Medium Height smoked windshield and mirror on my '21 Renny XRS 900T.  Handguns, and Doo muffs work too. I'll have the same windshield and mirrors on my '22 Renny 900T R flavor also..You can mount and use the small round mirrors from doo onto the handguards.  There are scribbed mounting Locations on the handguards to drill the holes.

20210314_124256.jpg

I have ordered my first NOTACAT since 1998 and it is like those you have ordered.  (XR-S Renegade Turbo 900 R)

I cannot figure out if a "mid to high" adjustable windshield can be fitted on a wide body 4-stroke.   I like the option when it is real cold, but like the looks of the mid size otherwise.  Then all the deflectors and such plus how the mirrors mount are what i am trying to put together.  Seemed that all I could find was that a "low to mid" adjustable was available? 

Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Thanks

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I have ordered my first NOTACAT since 1998 and it is like those you have ordered.  (XR-S Renegade Turbo 900 R)

I cannot figure out if a "mid to high" adjustable windshield can be fitted on a wide body 4-stroke.   I like the option when it is real cold, but like the looks of the mid size otherwise.  Then all the deflectors and such plus how the mirrors mount are what i am trying to put together.  Seemed that all I could find was that a "low to mid" adjustable was available? 

Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Thanks

Excellent choice of sled Scott.  This is the windshield your asking about.  

Screenshot_20210401-181431_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blake G said:

On my 2020 MXZX, I removed the handguards and replaced the stock windshield with a med-high adjustable windshield, deflectors, and mirrors. Will likely be doing the same with my 2022.

Screenshot_20210401-084621_Kijiji.jpg

20210303_100952.jpg

Scott @AC+YAlook at this picture Blake posted.  That windshield will fit both narrow body and wide body G4 doos. 600, 850 and 900's..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

@Spanky, hopefully these pictures are good enough to show you the cockpit. This is my '21 Renny XRS 900T.  With Medium Height windshield and mirrors and side deflectors that are needed for that windshield and mirrors. Feel free to ask for a different picture etc. 

20210401_184338.jpg

20210401_184357.jpg

Thanks Turbo Doo!  The handguards don't interfere with your vision to the mirrors?  Could just be the angle of the picture.

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

They absolutely do not..

Sweeeeeeet!  many thanks for the pics.

Turbo Doo (and anyone else who might have the Pilot TX skis), do you run the OEM 4" or the 7" carbide on them?  Studded or Ice Ripper XT?

19 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Turbo Doo (and anyone else who might have the Pilot TX skis), do you run the OEM 4" or the 7" carbide on them?  Studded or Ice Ripper XT?

I've ran the stock 4". 1 1/4" Ice Ripper. I'd probably run the 7" if I had studs. Or keep a sled longer then 1 season. 

If you ordered a X or XRS, or Mach Z,  the sleds come with the adjustable riser.  With the medium windshield and handguards,  and the riser in the most forward position,  you can see there is no interference with the handguards and windshield or mirrors.  I had the handle bars cranked all the way to turn. 

20210401_195242.jpg

20210401_195339.jpg

20210401_195342.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again Turbo Doo!  That answers my question :D