What is everyone ordering for 2022

Nunz

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

The X comes with the low windshield, I ordered the medium windshield kit that comes with the deflectors, but I'm not sure about it as I want to add mirrors, either windshield mounted or handguard mounted.  It makes for a busy cockpit with the handguards.  I'd like to stay with the low windshield (or mount the medium without the deflectors?), anyone have any experience with the G4 X package windshields?

Image 1.png

On my 2020 MXZX, I removed the handguards and replaced the stock windshield with a med-high adjustable windshield, deflectors, and mirrors. Will likely be doing the same with my 2022.

Screenshot_20210401-084621_Kijiji.jpg

20210303_100952.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Wasn't going to trade till next season, but my dealer offered me a lot for my 2020 Grand Touring LTD 900T, and dropped $1k off MSRP for the new one.  Ordered a 2022 Renegade X 900R T, yellow/black, adjustment kit, 1.25" Ice Ripper XT, and standard gauge.  I was able to save a few accessories off of the 2020, so I ordered the 1+1 seat/heated grips, heated visor plug, LinQ SR21 Tunnel Bag, LinQ Cargo Modular Box, Tunnel Ice Scratchers and a cover.

The X comes with the low windshield, I ordered the medium windshield kit that comes with the deflectors, but I'm not sure about it as I want to add mirrors, either windshield mounted or handguard mounted.  It makes for a busy cockpit with the handguards.  I'd like to stay with the low windshield (or mount the medium without the deflectors?), anyone have any experience with the G4 X package windshields?

Image 1.png

Medium Height smoked windshield and mirror on my '21 Renny XRS 900T.  Handguns, and Doo muffs work too. I'll have the same windshield and mirrors on my '22 Renny 900T R flavor also..You can mount and use the small round mirrors from doo onto the handguards.  There are scribbed mounting Locations on the handguards to drill the holes.

20210314_124256.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Wasn't going to trade till next season, but my dealer offered me a lot for my 2020 Grand Touring LTD 900T, and dropped $1k off MSRP for the new one.  Ordered a 2022 Renegade X 900R T, yellow/black, adjustment kit, 1.25" Ice Ripper XT, and standard gauge.  I was able to save a few accessories off of the 2020, so I ordered the 1+1 seat/heated grips, heated visor plug, LinQ SR21 Tunnel Bag, LinQ Cargo Modular Box, Tunnel Ice Scratchers and a cover.

Image 1.png

How often do you carry a passenger? I was contemplating doing something similar but like gt for touring with yeni. Going to try and get her on her own sled, since she is use to riding motorcycles. Just waiting for nephews to get abit older and they can utilize second snowmobile, too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Image 1.png

I'll try and take a picture tonight of the cockpit to show you. 

Well, I ordered something completely out of character and went with a 22 MXZ600 XRS.   I wanted to try a 129 and the little 600 should be light and nimble for the slower trails.   I rode a buddies 600 G4 and couldnt believe how much better it handled than my 850.   Will it be fun in Cochrane?   Probably not so much but I am keeping my 21 850 XRS for that type of riding.   

I have found that if I dont have a 2nd sled, I dont ride much.    I got about 2500kms on this year and 95% of those kms were with my dad on my 2nd sled.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Blake G said:

On my 2020 MXZX, I removed the handguards and replaced the stock windshield with a med-high adjustable windshield, deflectors, and mirrors. Will be doing the same with my 2022.

Screenshot_20210401-084621_Kijiji.jpg

20210303_100952.jpg

Thanks Blake!  I've never had a sled with the handguards before, I was thinking on trying them first.  On my GTL I found that I was almost too warm at times...then again there wasn't much riding the two seasons I owned the 2020 lower than -20C.

36 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Medium Height smoked windshield and mirror on my '21 Renny XRS 900T.  Handguns, and Doo muffs work too. I'll have the same windshield and mirrors on my '22 Renny 900T R flavor also..You can mount and use the small round mirrors from doo onto the handguards.  There are scribbed mounting Locations on the handguards to drill the holes.

20210314_124256.jpg

Nice setup Turbo Doo.  Did you find the handguards and the medium deflectors w/mirrors too much?  Have you ever tried the small mirrors on the handguards?

27 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

How often do you carry a passenger? I was contemplating doing something similar but like gt for touring with yeni. Going to try and get her on her own sled, since she is use to riding motorcycles. Just waiting for nephews to get abit older and they can utilize second snowmobile, too. 

I've found that I am carrying a passenger less and less with the GTL (my second Grand Touring, first was a 2016).  I had a 2013 Renegade 1200 that I had added the 1+1 seat w/heated grips, and it worked very well after adding heavier torsion springs.  Unfortunately those torsion springs made for an ill handling sled when ridden 1up, with insane ski pressure.  I'm hoping the 2022 won't have that issue.

Edited by Spanky

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I'll try and take a picture tonight of the cockpit to show you. 

Much appreciated Turbo Doo.

11 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Thanks Blake!  I've never had a sled with the handguards before, I was thinking on trying them first.  On my GTL I found that I was almost too warm at times...then again there wasn't much riding the two seasons I owned the 2020 lower than -20C.

Nice setup Turbo Doo.  Did you find the handguards and the medium deflectors w/mirrors too much?  Have you ever tried the small mirrors on the handguards?

I've found that I am carrying a passenger less and less with the GTL (my second Grand Touring, first was a 2016).  I had a 2013 Renegade 1200 that I had added the 1+1 seat w/heated grips, and it worked very well after adding heavier torsion springs.  Unfortunately those torsion springs made for an ill handling sled when ridden 1up, with insane ski pressure.  I'm hoping the 2022 won't have that issue.

I find my setup perfect. My FIL has a similar setup, but with the taller windshield.  I rode a '20 900T with the handguard mirrors, and felt you could not see enough.  But again,  my opinion. Here is my FIL setup. Taller windshield then mine. Handguards and muffs work with this also..

20210314_124327.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

20210314_124256.jpg

This is my set up as well.   Medium windshield with mirrors.   I love those mirrors.  

Even better I find than fixed mirrors is the hand/glove mirror. Offers better field of view, and is much cheaper, but requires you to take your hand off the bars. Just wanted to note it as an option but am sure you guys are familiar with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Well, I ordered something completely out of character and went with a 22 MXZ600 XRS.   I wanted to try a 129 and the little 600 should be light and nimble for the slower trails.   I rode a buddies 600 G4 and couldnt believe how much better it handled than my 850.   Will it be fun in Cochrane?   Probably not so much but I am keeping my 21 850 XRS for that type of riding.   

I have found that if I dont have a 2nd sled, I dont ride much.    I got about 2500kms on this year and 95% of those kms were with my dad on my 2nd sled.

Congrats. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, willb said:

Even better I find than fixed mirrors is the hand/glove mirror. Offers better field of view, and is much cheaper, but requires you to take your hand off the bars. Just wanted to note it as an option but am sure you guys are familiar with it. 

Good points also..

I have the hand guard mirrors and find that they do not work for me. If your a big guy all you mainly see is your forearms.I put these on cause i have been told you need mirrors in Quebec and they need to be fastened to the sled. I still prefer my left hand glove mirror as mentioned above.

Just now, snowchopper said:

I have the hand guard mirrors and find that they do not work for me. If your a big guy all you mainly see is your forearms.I put these on cause i have been told you need mirrors in Quebec and they need to be fastened to the sled. I still prefer my left hand glove mirror as mentioned above.

Mirrors in Quebec,  Yes. Correct. 

24 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

When I rode @Evil hubby's '20 Renny X 900T, he has the handguard mirrors,  I had the feeling  of 'objects in the mirror, are closer thank you think '.....

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

When I rode @Evil hubby's '20 Renny X 900T, he has the handguard mirrors,  I had the feeling  of 'objects in the mirror, are closer thank you think '.....

You must be skinnier then me cause i don't see much more then my forearms.:rotflmao:

I love the Skidoo mirrors that bolt on the windshield.   I had the ones that went on the handguards last year and they sucked.  

I wouldnt ride without mirrors ever again.   Its so nice to see whats behind you without twisting your head around.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I find my setup perfect. My FIL has a similar setup, but with the taller windshield.  I rode a '20 900T with the handguard mirrors, and felt you could not see enough.  But again,  my opinion. Here is my FIL setup. Taller windshield then mine. Handguards and muffs work with this also..

20210314_124327.jpg

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

This is my set up as well.   Medium windshield with mirrors.   I love those mirrors.  

So the consensus is the low windshield that comes standard on the X is that its not warm enough?

12 minutes ago, Spanky said:

So the consensus is the low windshield that comes standard on the X is that its not warm enough?

For some, but for me, it won't even stop a hummingbird fart...Medium Height for me, the taller one is too much for me. @Mrs Turbo Doo and my FIL, like the taller one..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2