Nunz

Lookn good Nunz

6 hours ago, Nunz said:

Here’s the pics of our new sleds.

3CB7CF21-4CDF-4744-8544-86ADD4B0B27A.jpeg

08AC7ACF-D65B-4D8C-8B79-8C5E4ABB15AE.jpeg

72534075-D052-4EB8-9048-89F91D08A776.jpeg

F8A75317-8352-423C-943A-12B19EF04975.jpeg

Very nice combo! Love the looks of the  XCR!... and VR1. Kinda liking the purple!! Seen a few purple ones in smooth rock a few weeks back and and I thought they were very appealing! .... and everyone thought I was crazy buying an orange Polaris back in 04!!..... wish I didn’t wreck that one!

was going to wait until I had it to share colour pic but everyone is posting build pics so here is my new one.

image.thumb.png.0639eb933b741e47abf92456e1f2e3c9.png

• Like 10

Well, after 11 years of Yamaha total reliability, I'm going back to the dark side, BRP. It was either drop $1 or $2K on a suspension upgrade on the 2013 Vector LTX, or buy a BRP REN X ACE Turbo R, 1.5 Ice Ripper ,which by my calculations may be close to 100lbs lighter than my Vector LTX. Dealer gave me a good price for my Yamaha VSTAR 1300 Tourer trade in. Dealer (Loiselle Sports in Embrun ON) 2022 sled sales is over 300 units so far, and still selling. (Not sure how he is going to assemble 300 sleds in a timely manner in the fall?)

I'm hoping the 1.5 track and lighter sled will avoid being stuck like this (which is me standing on my ruptured quad tendon (still unknown at that point) just after the roll-over) .

2022 REN X.PNG

20190226-Roll Over Standing.jpg

• Like 8

That's a fine purchase, Gadgetman.

I think you will be very happy Gadgetman. 

37 minutes ago, Blake G said:

That's a fine purchase, Gadgetman.

Thank you. I hope so, as I now have to work at least 1 if not 2 more years to keep her happy. No storm like a Gaspe storm.

IMG-20190226-WA0011.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Well, after 11 years of Yamaha total reliability, I'm going back to the dark side, BRP. It was either drop $1 or $2K on a suspension upgrade on the 2013 Vector LTX, or buy a BRP REN X ACE Turbo R, 1.5 Ice Ripper ,which by my calculations may be close to 100lbs lighter than my Vector LTX. Dealer gave me a good price for my Yamaha VSTAR 1300 Tourer trade in. Dealer (Loiselle Sports in Embrun ON) 2022 sled sales is over 300 units so far, and still selling. (Not sure how he is going to assemble 300 sleds in a timely manner in the fall?)

I'm hoping the 1.5 track and lighter sled will avoid being stuck like this (which is me standing on my ruptured quad tendon (still unknown at that point) just after the roll-over) .

2022 REN X.PNG

i think you made a huge mistake..................

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

2022 REN X.PNG

I am but biased as I bought the same one, but nice pick!

And seeing the numbers on the sleds bought from Doo dealers, I kind of wonder about the PDI as well, but it sounds like Doo gets there product to the dealers fairly early, that gives them time to get them all out the door before the snow flies and doing a good job (hopefully).

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

2022 REN X.PNG

Congrats.  Good pick. Great chatting with you..:right_on:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Congrats.  Good pick. Great chatting with you..:right_on:

Thank you for your help. It was close, in the end him taking my road bike, and how he prices, made the difference only a couple K.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Re:Leaf said:

Who is ordering a 2022 arctic cat or yamaha? So far skidoo and polaris seem to be the most popular. 

Ordered this for the Grandson, will be his Christmas gift. After searching out  'Covid' pricing on used ones I decided to

order new, was a no brainer. Why pay $3-3500 for a 10 year old mini sled when $3665 gets you a spring order. No frt or pdi through AC dealer, Yamaha wanted $3995 plus $500 frt and taxes, so Green it is!

Youth 1.png

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Ordered this for the Grandson, will be his Christmas gift. After searching out  'Covid' pricing on used ones I decided to

order new, was a no brainer. Why pay $3-3500 for a 10 year old mini sled when $3665 gets you a spring order. No frt or pdi through AC dealer, Yamaha wanted $3995 plus $500 frt and taxes, so Green it is!

Youth 1.png

Awesome stuff. The price point between used and new, definitely makes sense to go the new route.  Making memories..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Youth 1.png

It is a smart move buying something like that new. As you note the used price on this stuff holds its value so when it comes time to sell you will likely get most of your money back thus the cost of ownership will be low at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

Nothing new for me this year. Was considering another viper but it doesn’t  come with power steering. 10,000kms on my 18’ and not a single problem yet. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:12 AM, oldslowsledder said:

Youth 1.png

How old is your grandson?  How long before he outgrows it?  When my son was 10 he was already past a 120, so I got him a Formula Deluxe 380, it was right and he had for a few years.  I won't lie, it was fun to hold that a full throttle without a care.

Regardless, you'll resell both for close to what you paid.

• Like 1

He'll be 3 this fall, young I know but the price is right so we'll keep it until he can handle it.

He's been riding with Dad since he was 14 months old, absolutely loves it. This is him on Dad's mint 89 Jag 340

1239867206_340Jag.jpg

• Like 7

Perfect.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Re:Leaf said:

Who is ordering a 2022 arctic cat or yamaha? So far skidoo and polaris seem to be the most popular. 

Got one of these on order. ZR8000 LTD

Screenshot_20210328-201241_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4