Pictures of Doo Windshield Height

Turbo Doo

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

I have used it in the past but don't like to. What I usually do is just peel off the last permit or two & then stick the new1 in the same spot. I have seen sleds where folks have tried to do something on the w/s or hood only to wind up w/ a mess.

Not sure what happened,  but our bottle of Goo Gone,  must be extra strength,  because it screwed up a windshield. 

• Sad 1

I use clear Mylar from a sign or label shop. Cut it so that its just larger than the trail pass decal. Put trail pass on the Mylar. Put Mylar with pass on it on the sled. The Mylar can be slowly and carefully pulled off if necessary (broken windshield) without the pass showing the "void" . Reapply to new windshield. There is also a spray label remover (cant remember the name right now) you can buy from the professional sign or label maker that takes the glue off what ever the label was on without damaging the surface the decal was on. I have been using it for years and never had an issue damaging any surface. Especially a plastic windshield.   

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 11:07 AM, Turbo Doo said:

Some have asked.  Here is the difference between the medium height windshield and the taller windshield on new G4 doos...

Yes I also see the ski stickers have not wore off yet. They are a pain in the ass to remove ....

20210314_124327.jpg

20210314_124256.jpg

On the medium windshield, where does the air blast hit you, i.e., on my Vector the blast hits at about the helmet; and do you find the medium works for you in most temps?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

On the medium windshield, where does the air blast hit you, i.e., on my Vector the blast hits at about the helmet; and do you find the medium works for you in most temps?

Thanks

For me, it depends where on the sled I am riding. Am I sitting back relaxing,  or up on the bars chasing OC Member Evil. Usually hits about below chin area,  but again depends. Also depends on your height.  I find the medium windshield perfect for me. Mrs Turbo Doo, hates it, and likes the taller one.  I hate the look of the taller one myself.  I am very very rarely cold either.  

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

For me, it depends where on the sled I am riding. Am I sitting back relaxing,  or up on the bars chasing OC Member Evil. Usually hits about below chin area,  but again depends. Also depends on your height.  I find the medium windshield perfect for me. Mrs Turbo Doo, hates it, and likes the taller one.  I hate the look of the taller one myself.  I am very very rarely cold either.  

I'm 5'10", and think like you. Yes I'm older than you, but I don't drive a Buick, and I really don't want to have a tall "old person" windshield (no offence to your bride). Medium it is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I'm 5'10", and think like you. Yes I'm older than you, but I don't drive a Buick, and I really don't want to have a tall "old person" windshield (no offence to your bride). Medium it is.

IMO, the medium is all you need. Snowmobiling not supposed to feel like your in the Bahamas..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

IMO, the medium is all you need. Snowmobiling not supposed to feel like your in the Bahamas..

I run heated jacket and gloves for that! 

On 3/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, 02Sled said:

Goo Gone works quite well. I usually take last years permit off the windshield and clean the residue once it gets hot enough that I start to miss it being cold. 

We seldom use the windshields on our Zx's anymore, and my G4 doesn't even have one (Summit), but back-in-the-day we used to just keep adding them on to the 'shield.

The longer you went w/o blowing up the windshield, the more years worth of tags that you had built up on it.

Then, when it dies, you can hang it up on the wall in the garage eh? :D

Oxmobile.jpg

Edited by Ox

46 minutes ago, Ox said:

We seldom use the windshields on our Zx's anymore, and my G4 doesn't even have one (Summit), but back-in-the-day we used to just keep adding them on to the 'shield.

The longer you went w/o blowing up the windshield, the more years worth of tags that you had built up on it.

Then, when it dies, you can hang it up on the wall in the garage eh? :D

Oxmobile.jpg

I'll bet you are finding a windshield and installing it when you sled in the Algoma area in February. (I think there is only 1 Algoma area, unless you have one down there also. )

IF it was real cold:

IF we decided to go riding anyhow:

IF we were riding the Zx's:

Then - yes, we would likely rummage around to find some windshields.

We take them off for hwy travel anyhow.

BUT!

A) I typically ride smarter, not harder these days.

B) I have my -40* badge/T-shirt already, and my boy already has permanent frost damage to his cheek from -30*, so no real value in still riding in the bitter cold anymore.

C) We don't ride fast. We are mostly off-trail'ers. We can and have gotten stuck on trail at times, but we pull over and let y'all around.

D) I don't even have a windshield for my G4. I have thought aboot maybe seein' what it would take to put a shorter one on it for cold weekends, but really isn't an issue...

• Like 1