Pictures of Doo Windshield Height

Turbo Doo

Some have asked.  Here is the difference between the medium height windshield and the taller windshield on new G4 doos...

Yes I also see the ski stickers have not wore off yet. They are a pain in the ass to remove ....

20210314_124327.jpg

20210314_124256.jpg

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Thanks 1

• Turbo Doo changed the title to Pictures of Doo Windshield Height

Thank you. Medium is the same as my Vector, which works for me. (Excluding Cochrane -38c temps, but then my body also barely worked :-)).

• Like 1

What about adjustable one? Seems like a great idea. So cold days I can put it all way up and when I hit tunnel in musoka I can put it down. I like tall windshield but it grabs wind good at higher speeds and puts stress on fasteners. Already went thru them once and put some new ones on. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

I have a medium to high adjustable windshield on my 2020 mxzx. Seems ok. Certainly quick and easy to adjust.

20210303_100942.jpg

Tallest (according to owner) on a G4

20210203_125749.thumb.jpg.b9250e49e4dd01eb00bd8663474043b5.jpg

I think it's taller than the 1 on my Elan.

I couldn't get away fast enough from this guy the day we were installing destination signs. 'I've been buying trail permits since they were implemented Yada Yada Yada...' Kind of fell on deaf ears as the 1 chap is older than me & 1 of the others was a high school classmate who also has sledded since he was a kid.

On a side note I wonder if the cops have said anything about his registration number placement? I never seen anyone put them up there :wtf:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

That is the tallest. And I've seen reg #'s in that spot a few times also..

I just noticed it because they 'aren't there' on the sled. Much like when I was a warden, 'Where's your permit?' They'd point to the left side of the gas tank cover and I was standing on the side of the trail.

:headbang:

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

I just noticed it because they 'aren't there' on the sled. Much like when I was a warden, 'Where's your permit?' They'd point to the left side of the gas tank cover and I was standing on the side of the trail.

:headbang:

I agree.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Tallest (according to owner) on a G4

20210203_125749.thumb.jpg.b9250e49e4dd01eb00bd8663474043b5.jpg

On a side note I wonder if the cops have said anything about his registration number placement? I never seen anyone put them up there :wtf:

Potentially just looking for a hassle with them there......but more importantly, the trail pass is front and center!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stoney said:

Potentially just looking for a hassle with them there......but more importantly, the trail pass is front and center!

'That'll leave a mark...' :poke2:

I know there's Goo Gone or other cleaners by why put it somewhere in the 1st place that if you remove it you leave a mess?

Back to the windshields, someone mentioned buffeting a few days ago w/ the version @Techdenis007 possibly. Has anyone noticed this w/ higher windshields? Also what about snow dust accumulating behind it on the dash. I noticed that it was bad this trip mind you it snowed 4 out of the 5 days we were riding.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

I know there's Goo Gone or other cleaners by why put it somewhere in the 1st place that if you remove it you leave a mess?

Back to the windshields, someone mentioned buffeting a few days ago w/ the version @Techdenis007 possibly. Has anyone noticed this w/ higher windshields? Also what about snow dust accumulating behind it on the dash. I noticed that it was bad this trip mind you it snowed 4 out of the 5 days we were riding.

Ride faster

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

Goo Gone works quite well. I usually take last years permit off the windshield and clean the residue once it gets hot enough that I start to miss it being cold. 

WD-40 I think works better than goo gone.

Soak a shop rag with it, place it on the permit or sticker, let it sit a bit, then start removing sticker, rinse and repeat.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Goo Gone works quite well. I usually take last years permit off the windshield and clean the residue once it gets hot enough that I start to miss it being cold. 

DO not ever ever use goo gone on a windshield.  Don't ask me or Mrs Turbo how we know. WD40 works like crap also. Again, don't ask us how we know..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

DO not ever ever use goo gone on a windshield.  Don't ask me or Mrs Turbo how we know. 

I do it every year and I've never had any issues. Squirt on the soft cloth and rub gently with just one or two fingers using new spots on the rag frequently. I always rub from the outside edges of where the permit was toward the middle so I don't spread residue beyond where the permit was. 

1 minute ago, 02Sled said:

I do it every year and I've never had any issues. Squirt on the soft cloth and rub gently with just one or two fingers using new spots on the rag frequently. I always rub from the outside edges of where the permit was toward the middle so I don't spread residue beyond where the permit was. 

Well, not quite the results we encountered...If I can remember,  I'll take a pic of what goo gone did to a windshield of ours..

Odd, WD-40 works very well here.

Most recent sled, was always side panel or hood that I used it on.

A couples sleds ago, it was on the windshield, no issues again......but I stopped placing anything on the windshield as well.

Goo Gone works, I just found it required more effort to remove residue whereas with WD-40, it was easier.

Never had an issue with Goo Gone. I put a little directly on the old adhesive and rub it around with my finger. It takes a minute  to breakdown the adhesive then I clean it off  and Windex the whole windshield.

30 minutes ago, stoney said:

Odd, WD-40 works very well here.

Most recent sled, was always side panel or hood that I used it on.

A couples sleds ago, it was on the windshield, no issues again......but I stopped placing anything on the windshield as well.

Goo Gone works, I just found it required more effort to remove residue whereas with WD-40, it was easier.

I warm up the old decal with a heat gun, yes carefully. Peel off the decal and then use the WD-40, as I have for at least 15 years. About 15 mins in total. WD-40 has only damaged "plastic" on me once, was the external SUV strap on mirrors I had before this set.

Edited by Gadgetman
Inserted SUV

4 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I warm up the old decal with a heat gun, yes carefully. Peel off the decal and then use the WD-40, as I have for at least 15 years. About 15 mins in total. WD-40 has only damaged "plastic" on me once, was the external strap on mirrors I had before this set.

I recall using my wife's heat gun once years ago and it worked very well......not sure why I did not use it again, maybe I am not sure where it is now or the wife gave me $hit for using her tools.....

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

Also what about snow dust accumulating behind it on the dash. I noticed that it was bad this trip mind you it snowed 4 out of the 5 days we were riding.

I've installed 1/2 inch foam weather stripping between the windshield and the base. Got rid of the squeeze screws holding the two together and replaced with stainless nuts and bolts. Used a rubber grommet on each for expansion and contraction. Worked fine.

Fluffy snow day...

fluffy01.JPG.bf5db0be5a15004be4d3701a53c6b812.JPG

No fluffy snow on dash...

fluffy02.JPG.b4f1ad72fc03b6b17ff842731c32d1f3.JPG

Miss those fluffy snow days....

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

DO not ever ever use goo gone on a windshield.  Don't ask me or Mrs Turbo how we know. WD40 works like crap also. Again, don't ask us how we know..

I have used it in the past but don't like to. What I usually do is just peel off the last permit or two & then stick the new1 in the same spot. I have seen sleds where folks have tried to do something on the w/s or hood only to wind up w/ a mess.