Kap Super 8

Turbo Doo

I have read over all the comments about hotels and parking.  Some good points made here.  Now let me paint the picture.  When we checked in there was no mention of any issues about parking and keeping the truck and trailer there for 1 night when we traveled to Hearst. They did not ask us to pay but we would have if asked.  The staff aside from the GM Wendy where good.  The GM should not be in that position no customer service skills, messed up room bookings, rude and unprofessional and I can say this as I have worked in this industry in the past.  She frazzled her staff and made situations way worse then needed to be.  The group we where with all parked tight together considering everyone else.  The hotel happily let non paying truckers with big rigs park without staying in the hotel.  

Further more they do have a section between the hotel and A&W for truck and trailer parking.  There was no mention of parking fees until until the GM panicked and by doing this she took away a lot of future business.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Very disappointed in the service and attitude to all the sledders that where there,  not just us. Oh well, on to better places. As Elaine once said on Seinfeld to the Soup Nazi on one episode,  NO SOUP FOR YOU,  NEXT..............

So where do you recommend for Wed to Sat?

16 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Comfort Inn, or the Advantage.  

Does the Comfort Inn have trailer parking area TD?

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

not too much.  It's very tight for parking there.  Not sure if they would allow to leave trucks and trailers after you check out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

From the trail it looks like a truck & trailer combo parking might be limited.

Screenshot_20210315-194532_Maps.thumb.jpg.a16fb47fc2b1b7f8bfe86db892080451.jpg

2 minutes ago, Evil said:

not too much.  It's very tight for parking there.  Not sure if they would allow to leave trucks and trailers after you check out.

You beat me to it.

We've never stayed there so I can't say 1st hand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evil said:

Thats what I was thinking. We stayed there once but our rooms were facing the road so I never got a look at the back side. I do remember the sign out front said -37 when we went out in the morning.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Thanks @Evil for answering this.  We have stayed there on sleds,  but have not been there with the tow rigs. Saying this,  it was fairly full with trucks and trailers. 

Edited by Turbo Doo

The lot is very small for tow rig parking, 1 or 2 fine but lots, forget it.

Stayed there many times for work

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Turbo Doo said:

I have read over all the comments about hotels and parking.  Some good points made here.  Now let me paint the picture.  When we checked in there was no mention of any issues about parking and keeping the truck and trailer there for 1 night when we traveled to Hearst. They did not ask us to pay but we would have if asked.  The staff aside from the GM Wendy where good.  The GM should not be in that position no customer service skills, messed up room bookings, rude and unprofessional and I can say this as I have worked in this industry in the past.  She frazzled her staff and made situations way worse then needed to be.  The group we where with all parked tight together considering everyone else.  The hotel happily let non paying truckers with big rigs park without staying in the hotel.  

Further more they do have a section between the hotel and A&W for truck and trailer parking.  There was no mention of parking fees until until the GM panicked and by doing this she took away a lot of future business.   

When we you guys presented w/ the letters? Was it when you woke up the last day (after your return from Hearst)? It's 1 thing to have the rule in place before you get there, but to enact it after you arrive is pretty brutal. We all know the drill @ the Bon Air & you can pay it or patronize another business.

I'm pretty sure when @irREVerent & I rode over to check the trail I noticed that section was empty.

Just experienced the same thing at the Microtel in Kirkland lake. We booked 4 nights there and 1 in cochrane.  Told us theyd have to charge us $50 per night to keep the truck/trailer there, when we are not there. 

Told them to call the manager up at home, and call me in my room direct.  That got sorted real fast ..

Another thing which was weird is they dont allow you to park your sleds outside the hotel. They must be put back in the trailer at night ... 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, revrnd said:

When we you guys presented w/ the letters? Was it when you woke up the last day (after your return from Hearst)? It's 1 thing to have the rule in place before you get there, but to enact it after you arrive is pretty brutal. We all know the drill @ the Bon Air & you can pay it or patronize another business.

I'm pretty sure when @irREVerent & I rode over to check the trail I noticed that section was empty.

They 'appeared ' in the elevators, and at the front desk..

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

Just experienced the same thing at the Microtel in Kirkland lake. We booked 4 nights there and 1 in cochrane.  Told us theyd have to charge us $50 per night to keep the truck/trailer there, when we are not there. 

Told them to call the manager up at home, and call me in my room direct.  That got sorted real fast ..

Another thing which was weird is they dont allow you to park your sleds outside the hotel. They must be put back in the trailer at night ... 

Another one to avoid..

19 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

What are touring sledders supposed to do?

Sounds like some people are getting a bit uppity. Heaven forbid we have snowmobiles parked in front of the establishment. :wtf:

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

They 'appeared ' in the elevators, and at the front desk..

I saw them on the stainless steel. I thought maybe you had taped them up to the fridge once you got home :poke2:

• Haha 1

I haven't toured in years, but I did for many many and never had an issue, for years we we left trucks n trailers at motels for 6-7 days, just left the keys. Problem is, the pepsi generation are now holding the management roles, we watched this fiasco in the making for years......

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wildman said:

$..t disturber

No that would've been my father or my my brother (still is).

A thought that just came to mind, I wonder if in the case of the Microtel, assuming that this has been the policy all season (since they'd likely see more staging sledders in KL) that they're hurting for business? Trying to find 'new revenue streams' as the corporate types are so fond of saying...

1 minute ago, Wildman said:

I haven't toured in years, but I did for many many and never had an issue, for years we we left trucks n trailers at motels for 6-7 days, just left the keys. Problem is, the pepsi generation are now holding the management roles, we watched this fiasco in the making for years......

Something to ask next season when booking rooms (especially @ staging locations), do you charge for parking when we aren't there? Hopefully the trend does start that if one gets away w/ it, other businesses will follow suit.