Bluewater trailers

Baylaker

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Maybe you should carry an extra trailer tongue just in case it snaps off. :ph34r:

Actually when I was shopping for a travel trailer a friend who has been RVing since he was a kid suggested that I go w/ a tandem axle. A flat isn't a disaster if you have a flat, you can get off the highway for repairs (BTDT).

Exploded what appeared to be a perfectly good tire (before trip began) on 17 just west of Nairn Centre. Was able to limp it into the truck stop lot & change the tire.

I exploded a tire on a single axle trailer just west of Sudbury and it went along on the wheel just fine until I got to a place I could pull over. 
 A business relation exploded a tire on his tri-axle trailer on the interstate and he got to a place he could pull over. The wheel was destroyed but he got over safely. All you can do it make sure all the servicable parts are looked after so they don’t fail and inspect everything else to ensure the safety of everything involved. 

• Like 2

Bluewater is great to deal with as I posted in another thread. Also I would go with the legend cargo style trailer better quality but it is more money. Cargo trailers are easier to load and more flexibility. I have a 7 by 17 legend DVN tandem and works great. I would go two feet longer to not have to back in the second sled if I was ordering again. Everyone that I know with a front door says they never use it and would likely not get it again. 

tandem axel also tows wayyyyy better not only for the reassurance as mentioned above. Less bounce and sway and tongue weight depending on your set up. Just a better balanced trailer. 

Not to mention the better weight capacity of the tandem. Assuming you have a 3500 lb single axel you only have 2250 lb towing capacity per the specs posted. So two sleds full with oil, fuel etc. Then add your gear and jerry cans and what not and you can be getting close to capacity. 

my thoughts anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willb said:

Bluewater is great to deal with as I posted in another thread. Also I would go with the legend cargo style trailer better quality but it is more money. Cargo trailers are easier to load and more flexibility. I have a 7 by 17 legend DVN tandem and works great. I would go two feet longer to not have to back in the second sled if I was ordering again. Everyone that I know with a front door says they never use it and would likely not get it again. 

tandem axel also tows wayyyyy better not only for the reassurance as mentioned above. Less bounce and sway and tongue weight depending on your set up. Just a better balanced trailer. 

Not to mention the better weight capacity of the tandem. Assuming you have a 3500 lb single axel you only have 2250 lb towing capacity per the specs posted. So two sleds full with oil, fuel etc. Then add your gear and jerry cans and what not and you can be getting close to capacity. 

my thoughts anyway. 

The only draw back to the cargo trailers I have heard from a couple of people with them is that the floor is lower to the ground than most snowmobile trailers. On my hybrid for example the wheels are under the trailer with significant distance between them and the floor. With a cargo trailer the wheels are either on the outside of the trailer or wheel wells cut into the trailer. The minor problem comes when pulling into a parking lot or area that hasn't been plowed. The bottom of the trailer is dragging through (plowing) the snow and more prone to getting stuck than just having to get the truck and trailer tires to cut through the snow. 

• Like 2

Main thing I noticed about my tandem axle is manoeuvering the thing. I ran out of real estate once, having just switched from my 6x12 single axle to a 7x14 (+V) tandem. 

I unhooked, and attempted to do a short radius turn when re-connected, tore up the side yard, and dug ruts with the truck. It sure won't pivot like a single axle.

My (much more experienced) pal mentioned with his tandem, if a tire or bearing goes on his, (with Torsion axles, like my single had...) all he does is put on a ratchet strap, remove the remains of wheel/tire and drive on. 

On the sled/Cargo trailer issue, I use my trailer very occasionally for actually moving stuff, and in the off-season, it connects to my A-class as a garage for "stuff" a couple of dirt bikes, and her ATV. I wouldn't own a trailer I can't stand up in. 

I can't back my Nytro into the thing for anything. 

I have a 3500# winch attached to the tool cabinet, with dedicated battery, and a wireless remote. 

This early in the year, plan ahead and buy Canadian, small family owned. Awesome quality and stands behind what he builds.

http://www.bremartrailers.com/

• Like 1