Bluewater trailers

Baylaker

Ok, another trailer thread. Just sold my steel enclosed trailer yesterday. Used it for 4yrs, but it started to gather a lot of rust LOL. I’ll be getting an aluminum trailer forsure and have been looking at a hybrid legend 8.5x13’

or a Lightning 7x17’ enclosed drive in/out. Not sure what one to buy. Hybrid is $6800+tax and comes with a great warranty and caliber floor products. 

The Lightning 7x17’ enclosed V nose is $7155+tax, 1yr warranty which isn’t the best. Narrower trailer, interior height is much nicer and you can drive out instead of reversing. 

Have any of you guys purchased from bluewater? Any experience with lightning or legend trailers? I’ll try to post some specs shortly. Thanks for any help guys. 

Yup. Great business. Legend is a great trailer. Go w 7ft wide. Pulls so much nicer. I put sleds in alternating frontwards, backwards, takes up less space. Btw I never use the front unload door. Wish it wasn’t there. Your mileage may vary...

Thanks for the reply. My enclosed was a 7’x12’ with 2’ V nose and I hated backing in the second sled, even after doing it for 4 yrs it was still a PITA. The only reason I’m considering another 7’W enclosed is because I would be able to just drive them both out. Is your enclosed a lightning?

I had a hybrid 8.5W about 5-6yrs ago and I remember it didn’t tow as nice as the 7’W enclosed.

Edited by Baylaker

@irREVerent

Noticed another sled on our trip from them as well.

This past summer l bought a 7 x 14 lighting aluminum . Tows great , use it for work as well so getting lots of use . Noticed some screw heads along the bottom trim have snapped off . Dealer wants me to bring it back early April for repairs and a good look over. 

31 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Thanks for the reply. My enclosed was a 7’x12’ with 2’ V nose and I hated backing in the second sled, even after doing it for 4 yrs it was still a PITA. The only reason I’m considering another 7’W enclosed is because I would be able to just drive them both out. Is your enclosed a lightning?

I had a hybrid 8.5W about 5-6yrs ago and I remember it didn’t tow as nice as the 7’W enclosed.

Yes legend lightning 21 ft,16 ft box and v nose is 5 ft so a lot more room up front. I like it. 

I’ve bought three trailers from Blue water been good to deal with I would go with the legend 

lightning is a lesser model than the "regular full legend". look at skin thickness, framing, stud walls, and axle. most of the lightning will have standard leaf spring axle, over the torsion. there is a difference in pricing, and resale. 7' wide will tow nicer than the 8'+ wide, in the wind. not a fan of the front door, or fuel doors, to me they introduce another place to leak. but, with that said, if you dont get one long enough to pull straight in, and stagger the towables... backing one in to load sucks!!! good luck with your decision, and purchase. Ski 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Ok, another trailer thread. Just sold my steel enclosed trailer yesterday. Used it for 4yrs, but it started to gather a lot of rust LOL. I’ll be getting an aluminum trailer forsure and have been looking at a hybrid legend 8.5x13’

or a Lightning 7x17’ enclosed drive in/out. Not sure what one to buy. Hybrid is $6800+tax and comes with a great warranty and caliber floor products. 

The Lightning 7x17’ enclosed V nose is $7155+tax, 1yr warranty which isn’t the best. Narrower trailer, interior height is much nicer and you can drive out instead of reversing. 

Have any of you guys purchased from bluewater? Any experience with lightning or legend trailers? I’ll try to post some specs shortly. Thanks for any help guys. 

If going the hybrid route look at one that offers the lower towing height with wheel wells in the deck.  It will pull much easier.  Not sure if you have to go to Triton to get this feature or not.

I bought a number of trailers from them for work over the years and have always found them very good to deal with.  Would recommend them.  Its been a few years and I see they have moved to a much larger location, but based on my past experiences I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them.

My original plan was to buy a trailer built in Ontario ,however the inventory was low and the production time did not fit my schedule . Next trailer 100 percent made in Canada . People l know who have dealt with Bluewater have had good results .

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

The Legend or Triton have far superior build quality over all the others. Just get underneath and look at the welds. 

You can look at welds but doesn’t mean they are better or stronger then welds on other trailers, that don’t look as pretty. Only way is to do a stress weld test, which is impossible on trailer. Only way is too look at welds on trailer you are buying and make sure they are filled properly and no unusual starting or stopping gaps (that’s weakest link to a weld) I use to do lots of weld testing and some peoples messier hand welds were actually stronger and more durable then neater machine welds, that would sometimes easily fail a simple bend test. Weld would just snap right down middle when sample was cut out and bent 45 degrees. Hand welds would rarely fail from an experienced welder just not as neat looking normally as machine can do. 

• Like 1

So here is the 7’x17’ Lightning2CCA2558-375C-4459-9628-3B43FF1CB35B.thumb.jpeg.82d22e8744bc8dcad34e7bff3020a231.jpegC005976A-0C48-4B3F-867B-7D5E21519CE0.thumb.jpeg.d12924c1661a047869a76e5e11da60be.jpegCEAC285B-E206-4E69-9FFC-D6F5791120B2.thumb.jpeg.9c2946b1b661476aef6ab35750951ce5.jpeg

and here is the Legend

C824B3BA-A711-45F8-A5E9-DDB4B3F04466.thumb.jpeg.8afec5500b38f32a1a748a9fffeb6d0e.jpegE5CB2D15-825C-40A6-8A7F-FCE302931485.thumb.jpeg.0221dab8e4423b9c83b205f1eeabea89.jpeg3B4446BA-A88C-4B0B-91D4-A9128BBE0497.thumb.jpeg.a8a984e4a6b7add08db334000c359e44.jpeg

I'll be ordering a new Neo enclosed this spring, likely from Bluewater. Maybe we should post a thread and see if we can get a better deal with a group buy.

Thoughts?

P.

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

So here is the 7’x17’ Lightning2CCA2558-375C-4459-9628-3B43FF1CB35B.thumb.jpeg.82d22e8744bc8dcad34e7bff3020a231.jpegC005976A-0C48-4B3F-867B-7D5E21519CE0.thumb.jpeg.d12924c1661a047869a76e5e11da60be.jpegCEAC285B-E206-4E69-9FFC-D6F5791120B2.thumb.jpeg.9c2946b1b661476aef6ab35750951ce5.jpeg

and here is the Legend

C824B3BA-A711-45F8-A5E9-DDB4B3F04466.thumb.jpeg.8afec5500b38f32a1a748a9fffeb6d0e.jpegE5CB2D15-825C-40A6-8A7F-FCE302931485.thumb.jpeg.0221dab8e4423b9c83b205f1eeabea89.jpeg3B4446BA-A88C-4B0B-91D4-A9128BBE0497.thumb.jpeg.a8a984e4a6b7add08db334000c359e44.jpeg

Your not going to want to hear this but....spend the extra money and go tandem axle. You won’t regret it. Rubber torsion is superior to spring as well. Good luck. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J Feces said:

Your not going to want to hear this but....spend the extra money and go tandem axle. You won’t regret it. Rubber torsion is superior to spring as well. Good luck. 

I would agree with that. Can always limp a trailer home on 3 wheels if one axle goes bad. Single axle no option if it goes bad on road. Extra capacity is nice too if you ever need to haul

something heavier. My next trailer will be a dual Now that safety is gone too. 

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I would agree with that. Can always limp a trailer home on 3 wheels if one axle goes bad. Single axle no option if it goes bad on road. Extra capacity is nice too if you ever need to haul

something heavier. My next trailer will be a dual Now that safety is gone too. 

If you carry a spare tire , service the bearings regularly, why carry a spare axle if you are only hauling two sleds? You will use more fuel and you will only find out down the road when you sell it if you get the additional cost + taxes back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If you carry a spare tire , service the bearings regularly, why carry a spare axle if you are only hauling two sleds? You will use more fuel and you will only find out down the road when you sell it if you get the additional cost + taxes back.

Just the piece of mind having an extra axle brings. I do service it regularly at Saunders in st Jacob’s. Just never know if you make longer trips and something goes wrong. At least with dual axle you can make it back home. Kind of like carrying insurance you may need it or you may not.  

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Just the piece of mind having an extra axle brings. I do service it regularly at Saunders in st Jacob’s. Just never know if you make longer trips and something goes wrong. At least with dual axle you can make it back home. Kind of like carrying insurance you may need it or you may not.  

I was happy my boat trailer is tandem axle. A couple of years one of the trailer tires on the road side decided to give up the ghost on the 400. It would have been running on the rim instantly without the extra axle. The remaining tire on that side got us off the 400 and into a commuter lot where I could easily and safely put on the spare. 

50 minutes ago, toddszr600 said:

Bluewater is great to deal with, the owner Mitch is a fellow rider, good guy! recently moved the business from the home farm to Strath, nice big lot there.

X 2...I had a great buying experience at Bluewater last fall. Bought a NEO 6 X 12 cargo-style trailer and am very happy with both the dealer transaction and the brand.

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

@irREVerent

Noticed another sled on our trip from them as well.

revrnd, I've noticed lots of Bluewater trailers on the road lately.

• Like 1