Landowner Spotlights

Christy

Have you guys seen these on the District 9 Facebook Page? What do you think? More to come in the next week or so.

1.png

3.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Christy said:

Have you guys seen these on the District 9 Facebook Page? What do you think? More to come in the next week or so.

1.png

3.png

Big thanks to Dave and Carl... great idea. If the snowmobilers know who to thank in the community it would probably lead to a lot of acknowledgement of their generosity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Big thanks to Dave and Carl... great idea. If the snowmobilers know who to thank in the community it would probably lead to a lot of acknowledgement of their generosity.

Our Club did Club hats with “landowner” embroidered on the back, we have a few that wear them around town proudly. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I really think there should be a lot more of this.

Thanks for sharing - it's a great idea.

• Like 1

@chandos_jon Interesting. 

I think D9 also has quite a message on their website telling sledders about their landowners.

Christy, those are both great ideas.

5 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Christy, those are both great ideas.

X2, amazing spotlighting them!! Thanks for sharing this great idea.

2.thumb.png.b3423686dee0a58e2acf5b84feafab64.png

New one posted today!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Christy said:

2.thumb.png.b3423686dee0a58e2acf5b84feafab64.png

New one posted today!

Don't shoot me for the question... there may be some drawbacks but would it be reasonable to provide some sort of contact information where snowmobilers could individually reach out to these generous people and actually express their appreciation. 

• Like 1

Great idea. Showing that real people own these properties, not some faceless corporation. Hopefully, this can lead to more respect.

I'm on Facebook daily and never seen it though. They need to reach more sledders.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Great idea. Showing that real people own these properties, not some faceless corporation. Hopefully, this can lead to more respect.

I'm on Facebook daily and never seen it though. They need to reach more sledders.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Don't shoot me for the question... there may be some drawbacks but would it be reasonable to provide some sort of contact information where snowmobilers could individually reach out to these generous people and actually express their appreciation. 

Fair question/suggestion - I think it would be a slippery slope.

That said, no reason the club can't set-up a free appreciation email address where people can send in their appreciation and gratitude correspondence.

That wouldn't be hard or time consuming?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I think more and more landowners are following the club and district facebook pages so they would see it if they were posted. Of course this also means that they see all the trespassing and complaining posts. I do share those at my club level but try and keep it mostly good news.

In small towns it'll spread enough that a few people will mention it to them in person I hope too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

They are being put out on the District 9 facebook page and website and seem to be shared pretty widely. The first one is around 19,000 impressions on facebook. Not sure why you aren't seeing them.

11 minutes ago, Christy said:

I think more and more landowners are following the club and district facebook pages so they would see it if they were posted. Of course this also means that they see all the trespassing and complaining posts. I do share those at my club level but try and keep it mostly good news.

In small towns it'll spread enough that a few people will mention it to them in person I hope too. 

I think you are doing a great job on landowner relations. I agree with letting the community spread the details.

As an OFSC landowner, I would be upset if the club was making my contact information public. Anyone who wants to give an individual thank the landowners you feature on Facebook can leave a comment on the apprpriate Facebook post. JMHO

• Like 4

Think I mentioned rock star status earlier.

Had the opportunity a year or so ago to do some work on a land owners hot tub. Eby Farms on HWY 21 in Allenford. Got us off a road run when the town started plowing the road after decades of not doing that.

Made a point to thank them before I started to fix their tub. Dairy farmers that have been nothing but awesome letting us use their land. Don't think they even own snowmobiles.

Sometimes a small thank you can go a long way.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Christy, great recognition idea. Thanks. I used up all my 'likes' for the day, but your post certainly deserved one.

• Like 1