Farewell to 2020/2021 winter season

Puggz

Our last ride of the season today, may the most of it by riding hard and really enjoying the sport. We staged at the Paudash Trailblazers clubhouse and went north to the E108 and through the park to LSP for fuel. Then back south with a lunch stop at the Algonquin for some delicious food and beverages.   Conditions on the E were fantastic, everything else was pretty bumpy but still very rid-able. Overall a great day for a great sport!

p.

• Like 8

We'll be done here (D1 west of Ottawa) this week by the looks of it.

Trails today we're the best they've been all season, hard, flat and fast.

Went for a short but spirited run this afternoon and cleaned any carbon out of the sled. If I don't go out tomorrow then that should be the end of '21 season for me. 

Lots of snow north yet. Hoping to do two more trips north now that the south will closing down. Have 4000km on hoping to get at least 5500km on.

Edited by Yamatario
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Puggz said:

Our last ride of the season today, may the most of it by riding hard and really enjoying the sport. We staged at the Paudash Trailblazers clubhouse and went north to the E108 and through the park to LSP for fuel. Then back south with a lunch stop at the Algonquin for some delicious food and beverages.   Conditions on the E were fantastic, everything else was pretty bumpy but still very rid-able. Overall a great day for a great sport!

p.

We were up that way today. Started at Superior Propane in Fenelon. Took the E108 to Harcourt and had lunch at the Algonquin. We were there around 12:30. The E was in great shape. The E108 was great except for a 3-4 km stretch that was bumpy. Beautiful day. Hope to get out once more.

@Puggz Met a friend who had ridden up thru Paudash to LSP today. He said the trails were good until they hit E108. They were riding south to get to Chandos.

The railbed was great from the 930 intersection south past Eldorado. Trail over to Coe Hill was fine. North of the 930 the trail was quite choppy. Will post pics later.

Brutal week coming.  But there is cold and snow in the forecast after that.  I'm not calling it done yet.  This weekend is arguably some of the best riding in cottage country we have had all year.  The past warm up finally gave tge trails some body so they would hold after a groomer.  We got out Tuesday with great trails and yesterday was good too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Why is it red? Mistake?

Pity All the ones in northern corridor doing a loop. Guess they are walking back to their vehicles through several feet of snow.

2 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

Pity All the ones in northern corridor doing a loop. Guess they are walking back to their vehicles through several feet of snow.

Its dated for Saturday Mar. 21 which would be 2 weeks down the road if that day was the 21st. As pointed out, that day is the 21st.

My guess is that with the longest season in the south this year they are running out of money for grooming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The issue with the trails marked red has been repaired according to the OFSC F/B page:

Good morning everyone.
The issue with the ITG reporting all trails as RED has been resolved. We apologize for this interruption in service and confirm it was system related. Please check the ITG for the latest trail status before heading out today: https://ofsc.evtrails.com/#
Thank you for your patience and to everyone who brought this to our attention as soon as it was identified.
Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Its dated for Saturday Mar. 21 which would be 2 weeks down the road if that day was the 21st. As pointed out, that day is the 21st.

My guess is that with the longest season in the south this year they are running out of money for grooming.

Words is that HCSA has told their groomers that all grooming activity ends tonight - Mar. 07.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

it's fixed, good thing. Another hour or two and all the trailers would be headed for Ottawa or Owen Sound!!

Livin'

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yes but almost all trails had gone red this morning in 2021.

Just now, Yamatario said:

Yes but almost all trails had gone red this morning in 2021.

Sorry, I was thinking you were referring to the statement regarding closure. The red trail issue is  apparently now fixed.  

It is odd that the OFSC posted the above closure statement on the app but not on the OFSC F/B page or the website that I can find.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

why would that be.......

Actual reasons unknown... 

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I WANT SOME MONEY BACK!!

I want to be 25 years old again LOL

• Haha 6

• revrnd changed the title to Farewell to 2020/2021 winter season