Quite possibly my last ride

Baylaker

Great day out there today. Only 261kms but we decided to start around 10am in hopes the trails would have seen some traffic and be a bit loose. Left teviotdale at 10am, went up through walkerton, chesley and then across to markdale. Walkerton & chesley were on the thin side in places and very hard. Scratchers down. Had lunch at Tim’s. Then took the B111 down through mount forest and back to the truck. Markdale back to the truck was incredible! Trails were near perfect and were just starting to drift in with the high winds. It was a very good day! 
3588kms for the season. I decided not to ride on the weekends this season except for one Saturday and it was a rougher ride forsure. Midweek riding I’ve decided will be the only time to ride from now on. No more weekends for me. If that was it for the season, I’m pretty happy and can’t complain one bit. Best season I think I’ve ever had. Only trailered 4x, the rest of the time I was able to leave from home. Great season, great job by all clubs, volunteers and landowners! Time to decide on a snow check! 343FCA40-F73C-4531-90FE-E73022F1325B.thumb.jpeg.737520b5f2ce4a49f895be16f54a2c4a.jpeg600694F3-1622-4430-89E1-7DE6A537AD88.thumb.jpeg.5edffedc8947d2ac503b4bc889f9e4f9.jpeg54ABD114-7541-4032-86B1-7FB31CB43C02.thumb.jpeg.765c4ad05b79d7750122928b06baf749.jpeg

sled was still filthy from Wednesday’s ride. 

2DBEB199-5C61-4FBB-960E-53907C7EB56A.thumb.jpeg.2922b50f0577d200db5a0ae2a2c5f31d.jpeg

• Like 7

Yep most definitely! As much as I love riding up north, I had to take advantage of the south this year. Hopefully things are more stable next season and we can travel again. 

It was a great season down here just wish work didn’t get in the way so much lol

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, Baylaker said:

Yep most definitely! As much as I love riding up north, I had to take advantage of the south this year. Hopefully things are more stable next season and we can travel again. 

I had 3 rides down south of Stoney Lake this winter which is a bonus. I just wish the 1st had had a bit more snow & a lot less walkers. Had a good afternoon w/ @Bigfish in his 'neighbourhood' too.

• Like 2

Normally I make at least a few trips north every season, but felt with Covid and all the snow in the south...why bother? Next season we likely won’t get the amount of snow we did get in the south, and that will leave us with no choice but to travel north. 
seems like every 7-8yrs we get a really good winter here at home. Last time we had a good winter like this was 2013/14, and before that was 2008 which I think was the most snow we’ve ever had down here...that I’ve seen anyways.

• Like 1

@Baylaker I kind of delayed my departure on Sat' as I didn't want to be riding on concrete. As it was there was lots of loose stuff on the top. Scratches weren't really needed. I did notice on the HHT that from Bannockburn south, the trail felt harder but no change on the temp gage.

Looking @ my GPS files & it would seem that my last riding down in Havelock and area was in '08.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, Baylaker said:

Normally I make at least a few trips north every season, but felt with Covid and all the snow in the south...why bother? Next season we likely won’t get the amount of snow we did get in the south, and that will leave us with no choice but to travel north. 
seems like every 7-8yrs we get a really good winter here at home. Last time we had a good winter like this was 2013/14, and before that was 2008 which I think was the most snow we’ve ever had down here...that I’ve seen anyways.

Yeah it was a good year. 2014 we had way more snow though, this year it stayed and didn’t melt. Hopefully we get another good year next year.  Have a great summer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1