Goderich trails?

Candubrain

Anyone know why the trails around Goderich are closed?   I was near there yesterday on the B109 and the trails were excellent, stopped and turned around before heading into the closed areas

5 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

Anyone know why the trails around Goderich are closed?   I was near there yesterday on the B109 and the trails were excellent, stopped and turned around before heading into the closed areas

The following is from the North Huron Trail Groomers F/B site:

Well it's that time of the year we have decided with the warm weather this weekend to close our trails this morning.

A later post said they may try later the in the week.

Ok thanks

Really just a dead end from Clinton now without benmiller or bayfield  to loop thru .went there this winter and still went thru benmiller to auburn for old times 

7 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Ok thanks

7 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Ok thanks

38 minutes ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Really just a dead end from Clinton now without benmiller or bayfield  to loop thru .went there this winter and still went thru benmiller to auburn for old times 

How you go with no trail mske your own or use winter no maintaince road? 

38 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

How you go with no trail mske your own or use winter no maintaince road? 

Follow road to benmiller just like old trail in ditch from hwy #8.railway line north of Benmiller to Auburn to Blyth/Lucknow 

2 minutes ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Follow road to benmiller just like old trail in ditch from hwy #8.railway line north of Benmiller to Auburn to Blyth/Lucknow 

Good to know. Can you get into cow bells for a bite to eat currently? I see trail is red that runs off blyth road now? 

Blyth was very rough the last 2 weeks,groomer down?cow bell I just across the street from gas and tim Horton's now.I still prefer the rubber boot for food.Railway from Walton to Blyth is very thin in spots

1 hour ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Blyth was very rough the last 2 weeks,groomer down?cow bell I just across the street from gas and tim Horton's now.I still prefer the rubber boot for food.Railway from Walton to Blyth is very thin in spots

Ok thanks not allot of places to go anymore, that I haven’t already gone. 

34 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ok thanks not allot of places to go anymore, that I haven’t already gone. 

Ya I here ya,tried to head north of Walkerton yesterday but got slowed down by a groomer crew here!good times

20210305_121406.jpg

20210305_123616.jpg

They did a strange thing around the signage,chants and voodoo kinda thing

4 hours ago, brodhagenbullet said:

All the NHTG trails including into and out of Blyth are closed and have been since Feb.26th

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

All the NHTG trails including into and out of Blyth are closed and have been since Feb.26th

Yes but blyth road trail is still open according to itg and st clements trail is too and that isn’t right either according to clubs face book page. 

30 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yes but blyth road trail is still open according to itg and st clements trail is too and that isn’t right either according to clubs face book page. 

Ya I suppose b&w is to the edge of blyth(big mill)only.Its a well used trail to get to the boot

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

The railbed between Walton and Blyth is open west as far as the intersection of the trail that heads to Clinton near Millstone elevators. I'm not positive but that open section may be a BWT groomed trail.

St. Clements trail 5-72 was shown open yesterday from the clubhouse west however that got changed as the hill at the clubhouse does not have sufficient snow on it and the parking area is closed as well. Trail 5-72 is open from the "Linwood loop" intersection west of the clubhouse through to B203 and B203 is open to highway 86. As well, the Elmira club's " Clemmer trail" 5-71 is now open.    Nowhere did the club Facebook page say that trail 5-72 was totally closed, only that the trail through the clubhouse area was closed.

1 hour ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Its a well used trail to get to the boot

Still not a reason to ride closed trails. JMHO

• Like 1

It's a rail line into blyth,multiuse=open

46 minutes ago, brodhagenbullet said:

It's a rail line into blyth,multiuse=open

I've been involved in snowmobile trails for 30 years and I was not aware that that multi use trails can be used for snowmobiling anytime. Can you please let me know where it states that in print somewhere so I can make other trail people in our cllub aware. Our club uses part of the same GtoG rail trail in the Linwood area. We have always went by the premise that when an OFSC trail on any type of land or property (multi use or not) is marked or signed closed, it is closed to all snowmobile traffic. Thank you in advance.

It's a blyth thing,people ride snowmobiles everywhere,ofsc trail open or not.Blyth peeps be coming out of town on rail trail to B&W trails also as we have stayed open.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, brodhagenbullet said:

It's a blyth thing,people ride snowmobiles everywhere,ofsc trail open or not.Blyth peeps be coming out of town on rail trail to B&W trails also as we have stayed open.

Oh, OK that definetly makes it right for you to ride closed trails then.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Oh, OK that definetly makes it right for you to ride closed trails then.

Buddy I live right on the trail,I know how things go,its all good

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Buddy I live right on the trail,I know how things go,its all good

Plc puts in allot of volunteer hours staking trail, allowing it in his property etc. We need to respect trails and land owners. I like reading both your comments and not here to referee anything. Please only ride trails that are open, otherwise trail might not be there next year for you or everyone else to enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Plc puts in allot of volunteer hours staking trail, allowing it in his property etc. We need to respect trails and land owners. I like reading both your comments and not here to referee anything. Please only ride trails that are open, otherwise trail might not be there next year for you or everyone else to enjoy. 

Look all I'm saying is if 1 of the 3 trails that lead to blyth are open people will ride the trail to the gas station or cowbell or the inn,just the way it is there or listowel for that matter when a trail goes right thru town.Trail cross's my back yard,I keep it clear in summer,pull stakes

2 minutes ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Look all I'm saying is if 1 of the 3 trails that lead to blyth are open people will ride the trail to the gas station or cowbell or the inn,just the way it is there or listowel for that matter when a trail goes right thru town.Trail cross's my back yard,I keep it clear in summer,pull stakes

Not all people do. Goodbye.

• Haha 1