Long House Grill

02Sled

Last week while out I made a stop at the Long House Grill. It's on the north side of Muskoka Rd. 38 between the 400 and Bala. I have seen it advertised on Barrie News and promoting fish & chips. Heading north C trail comes out of the power lines and runsalong side Rd. 38 heading east for a short distance and then back into the trees. Just before you get to 38 there is a new sign and a small trail that takes you west a short distance and comes out at 38 directly across from The Long House Grill and Liquidation Nation. They have a teepee out front. They have even groomed from the shoulder of the road into their parking lot. 

I had a $12 burger and fries that were quite good. It was worth the stop. I'll be going back when dine in is available to try the fish & chips. It's nice to have a new option in the area. Especially one that doesn't require road rash other than crossing the road. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Last week while out I made a stop at the Long House Grill. It's on the north side of Muskoka Rd. 38 between the 400 and Bala. I have seen it advertised on Barrie News and promoting fish & chips. Heading north C trail comes out of the power lines and runsalong side Rd. 38 heading east for a short distance and then back into the trees. Just before you get to 38 there is a new sign and a small trail that takes you west a short distance and comes out at 38 directly across from The Long House Grill and Liquidation Nation. They have a teepee out front. They have even groomed from the shoulder of the road into their parking lot. 

I had a $12 burger and fries that were quite good. It was worth the stop. I'll be going back when dine in is available to try the fish & chips. It's nice to have a new option in the area. Especially one that doesn't require road rash other than crossing the road. 

We stopped in there a couple of weeks ago as well, nice little place, good service and good food. 

3 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Is that also Mrs. H’s fish and chips?

different place, just down the road from them. Longhouse is at Liquidation Nation property.

52 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Is that also Mrs. H’s fish and chips?

No Mrs H's Fish and Chips is further down the road on the south side. To get there needs a fair bit of road rash. To get to the Long House Grill doesn't have any road rash other than going directly across the road. When available the indoor seating is much greater than Mrs. H's or Bala Falls Pub. If you watch the Barrie CTV news they advertise there. 

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

No Mrs H's Fish and Chips is further down the road on the south side. To get there needs a fair bit of road rash. To get to the Long House Grill doesn't have any road rash other than going directly across the road. When available the indoor seating is much greater than Mrs. H's or Bala Falls Pub. If you watch the Barrie CTV news they advertise there. 

& no taxes!

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I can scout out fish and chips and Blake can continue to scout out butter tarts of all descriptions!!! :drool-1: :icon_photo:

When reporting, please make sure you are comparing apples to apples - Mrs. H's has halibut for their fish and chips. The other place 02sled mentioned? Needs confirmation. Many places use haddock which is OK, but doesn't compare to the halibut. Now if they had a bit of cod around...

Wanted to mention a great thing about Mrs. H's is that you can call ahead and pick up your order as you arrive. We usually phoned just before Bala and arrive in 20 minutes to have the order sitting there ready. To switch things up once, I tried to do something similar at the fancy pizza place in Parry Sound - Maurizios - but was told I would have to order on Wednesday to pick up a pizza on Friday evening while travelling to the camp. No amount of persuasion or reasoning would alter this arrangement. Pizza made from scratch there usually took 20 minutes of waiting time at the restaurant.

18 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I can scout out fish and chips and Blake can continue to scout out butter tarts of all descriptions!!! :drool-1: :icon_photo:

If you're looking for fish and chips options.... apparently there is a new one opening in Delawana Resort Honey Harbour this spring Fins Fish & Chips. Apparently this will be their second location with the other in Orillia I believe. Indoor and outdoor patio overlooking the water. 

Yumm... butter tarts.... doing my Homer Simpson drool... they have to have raisins though

• Like 1

We regularly have fish and chips at Fins Fish and Chips in Orillia. Best we have found so far. 
I am surprised with Fins opening at the Delawana with the track record of the resort opening and closing. I certainly hope they do well. 
Is Henry’s still open at the marina? We have been there as well as Henry’s at Sans Souci. 
I have been looking for quality fish and chips ever since my doctor told me I couldn’t have butter tarts. :drool-1:

18 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

We regularly have fish and chips at Fins Fish and Chips in Orillia. Best we have found so far. 
I am surprised with Fins opening at the Delawana with the track record of the resort opening and closing. I certainly hope they do well. 
Is Henry’s still open at the marina? We have been there as well as Henry’s at Sans Souci. 
I have been looking for quality fish and chips ever since my doctor told me I couldn’t have butter tarts. :drool-1:

Henry's closed at Wye Heritage and there was supposed to be something new there this summer past but I don't know if it got off the ground with the virus. Delawana got new ownership a few years ago. They are renting units out for the season and I believe all the seasonal rentals are gone already. I don't know how much of the Inn they are doing this with. If other things like campgrounds are any indication they will likely be fully booked for the summer very soon if not already

Edited by 02Sled
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, slomo said:

When reporting, please make sure you are comparing apples to apples - Mrs. H's has halibut for their fish and chips. The other place 02sled mentioned? Needs confirmation. Many places use haddock which is OK, but doesn't compare to the halibut. Now if they had a bit of cod around...

Wanted to mention a great thing about Mrs. H's is that you can call ahead and pick up your order as you arrive. We usually phoned just before Bala and arrive in 20 minutes to have the order sitting there ready. To switch things up once, I tried to do something similar at the fancy pizza place in Parry Sound - Maurizios - but was told I would have to order on Wednesday to pick up a pizza on Friday evening while travelling to the camp. No amount of persuasion or reasoning would alter this arrangement. Pizza made from scratch there usually took 20 minutes of waiting time at the restaurant.

We used to order ahead to pickup at Mrs H's but tried this past fall and they told us they would not do this anymore. They told me too many no shows. I even offered to pay over the phone when I placed my order and they still refused. I hope they have gone back to allowing folks to preorder to be ready to pickup when you get there.