New polaris sleds

gobills

40 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I was able to build it with the 850.

1 hour ago, -crz- said:

Indy adventure models comes in 650 or 850...not sure which model you're referring to.

Titan still comes with the 800 engine.

I was absolutely wrong.  In the past I understood the "Adventure" model to be a 2-up only and I was thinking of the Titan.

I see the "Adventure" in the name of many different sleds now in the Polaris Lineup which I am more impressed with then ever before, but as I turn so many miles in "normal" seasons I was looking for a new 4-stroke Turbo motor also.

The 750cc turbo twin of years past seemed to have good power and perhaps a version of that type of motor or as triples seem to be all the rage now?

I seem to be drawn to the Matryx front ends with the 146"x1.5" pre-stud lugs.  BTW, why has SkiDoo not started using LED lights yet?

Waiting to see what Cat has, but ready to see only colors and more auto shock change stuff.  No new motors expected, but needed as those 2-strokes seem to last a long time.

I have two CTec-2 800's with 17K and 8K miles still running like new with no motor work except cleaning exhaust valves.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I seem to be drawn to the Matryx front ends with the 146"x1.5" pre-stud lugs.  BTW, why has SkiDoo not started using LED lights yet?

Because it is an overpriced accessory that people are buying......

10 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Waiting to see what Cat has, but ready to see only colors and more auto shock change stuff.  No new motors expected, but needed as those 2-strokes seem to last a long time.

I have two CTec-2 800's with 17K and 8K miles still running like new with no motor work except cleaning exhaust valves.

Should be interesting, but doubtful anything really new.

The 2-stroke motors are rock solid for sure.....just need to up the power so they can dominate the other two 850's.....:coffeenose:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

I was absolutely wrong.  In the past I understood the "Adventure" model to be a 2-up only and I was thinking of the Titan.

I see the "Adventure" in the name of many different sleds now in the Polaris Lineup which I am more impressed with then ever before, but as I turn so many miles in "normal" seasons I was looking for a new 4-stroke Turbo motor also.

The 750cc turbo twin of years past seemed to have good power and perhaps a version of that type of motor or as triples seem to be all the rage now?

17k one is allot of miles no doubt. It is most likely due for a rebuild soon I would imagine. Not many go past 20,000 k miles. 

21 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

17k one is allot of miles no doubt. It is most likely due for a rebuild soon I would imagine. Not many go past 20,000 k miles. 

I had 5 Susuki motors make 20K.  A couple well over 30K.  The 700 Crossfires were fantastic except no reverse.  Cat had a great sled and lost all the momentum when they didn't put electric start or reverse on them.  The good thing was that I bought new leftovers still in 2008.  Had to finally get reverse as my back got too old and my daughter got stuck trying to turn around one very cold night near SRF.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AC+YA said:

I had 5 Susuki motors make 20K.  A couple well over 30K.  The 700 Crossfires were fantastic except no reverse.  Cat had a great sled and lost all the momentum when they didn't put electric start or reverse on them.  The good thing was that I bought new leftovers still in 2008.  Had to finally get reverse as my back got too old and my daughter got stuck trying to turn around one very cold night near SRF.  

That’s impressive mileage for a 2 stroke engine. I be afraid to ride one after 10,000 miles and usually dealed them before 6k miles, which is typically 5 seasons for me. Kudo’s to you and cat. That is some awesome durability out of those sleds. 

• Like 1

Lol....

In fairness isn’t it similar to Doo, boosted at higher elevation to maintain the power at altitude?

So not really adding excess power, just keeping the usable power available at any elevation. 

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Lol....

In fairness isn’t it similar to Doo, boosted at higher elevation to maintain the power at altitude?

So not really adding excess power, just keeping the usable power available at any elevation. 

Poo is claiming %10 increase in power at sea level for the 840.  So it'll be finally on par with Doos Naturally aspirated 850..:rotflmao:

Edited by Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Poo is claiming %10 increase in power at sea level for the 840.  So it'll be finally on par with Doos Naturally aspirated 850..:rotflmao:

Uh oh, adding more power down low.....might be some added stress on the Poo warranty program next year :)

34 minutes ago, stoney said:

Uh oh, adding more power down low.....might be some added stress on the Poo warranty program next year :)

Maybe,  in all fairness,  doo seems to still be able to sell sleds.  Me and Mrs. Turbo Doo bought new again, so they must be doing something right. But, if Doo has one hiccup,  it won't take much for Poo to overtake the #1 Spot.  Next seasons releases better be game changing...No offense to the AC and Yamaha guys, but Poo and Doo are running away with it...

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1

They all have issues, just a matter of taking turn who is next and how big the issue is. 
Perfect world all manufacturers are running on all eight cylinders, good for the consumer (us). 
Hoping all changes are good and Cat comes with something really good for 2023..... or perhaps an early 2022 release. 

• Like 1

I can’t see Doo have an issue with much, TBH. 900 been pushing same power numbers through other channels for a few years, so should be good. 
New shocks and trans brake features could possibly be an issue being first year, but we’ll see. 

41 minutes ago, stoney said:

I can’t see Doo have an issue with much, TBH. 900 been pushing same power numbers through other channels for a few years, so should be good. 
New shocks and trans brake features could possibly be an issue being first year, but we’ll see. 

Launch control has been around for years, and Precision EFI has it as a option on their tunes. Guys have been using it for years in turbo sleds.  One thing to take note, is how's the chain case going to hold up? on the Mach Z. Most sleds will not have a issue,  but the guys going to use it alot, especially with lots of studs and on ice, it may be something to keep an eye out for.  Also to take note,  the new semi active shocks from Doo, are not really new tech per say. But lots of sensors  etc.  And if something goes wrong, the shocks will revert back to a default setting, which in turn can only be fixed by someone who has access to BUDDS. So time will tell.  

Edited by Turbo Doo

57 minutes ago, stoney said:

They all have issues, just a matter of taking turn who is next and how big the issue is. 
Perfect world all manufacturers are running on all eight cylinders, good for the consumer (us). 
Hoping all changes are good and Cat comes with something really good for 2023..... or perhaps an early 2022 release. 

Exactly.  And yes, for the Cat guys, I am rooting for them also. And a real Yamaha sled for the Yamaha guys..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Launch control has been around for years, and Precision EFI has it as a option on their tunes. Guys have been using it for years in turbo sleds.  One thing to take note, is how's the chain case going to hold up? on the Mach Z. Most sleds will not have a issue,  but the guys going to use it alot, especially with lots of studs and on ice, it may be something to keep an eye out for.  Also to take note,  the new semi active shocks from Doo, are not really new tech per say. But lots of sensors  etc.  And if something goes wrong, the shocks will revert back to a default setting, which in turn can only be fixed by someone who has access to BUDDS. So time will tell.  

Good point on chain case, could potentially be an issue.

Default shock mode being full stiff mode from what I recall seeing, which could make for a rough trip if it happens day 1 or 2 on a 5 day trip.

But that is looking at glass half full, all will work out!

:right_on:

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

Good point on chain case, could potentially be an issue.

Default shock mode being full stiff mode from what I recall seeing, which could make for a rough trip if it happens day 1 or 2 on a 5 day trip.

But that is looking at glass half full, all will work out!

:right_on:

It had better,  for that price...

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Maybe,  in all fairness,  doo seems to still be able to sell sleds.  Me and Mrs. Turbo Doo bought new again, so they must be doing something right. But, if Doo has one hiccup,  it won't take much for Poo to overtake the #1 Spot.  Next seasons releases better be game changing...No offense to the AC and Yamaha guys, but Poo and Doo are running away with it...

Agree 100% on that, Yamaha fell asleep years ago and by the 2022 cat release it seems like they also fell asleep.. it’s kinda sad as some competition is good for all manufacturers.. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Well said Stoney.. no sled is perfect, my first sled was a skidoo blizzard followed by a formula 3 than switched to Yamaha for the longest time and now on my 2nd year on a sidewinder. I say it the way it is, the SW has 2 major design flaws in the drive line which I addressed before even riding it, so far so good. Got it tuned over the summer but honestly I think it wasn’t needed especially riding areas like dis 9 it can be hard on the arms holding on all day.

I to would like to see cat step it up like doo did but it’s not looking good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed %100....

Yes Yamaha fell asleep. Had 2 Yamacats going into season, now just Sidewinder for trails a 2021 Polaris SKS for playing in deep snow. Gave up holding my breath waiting for a pure Yamaha.

10 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Yes Yamaha fell asleep. Had 2 Yamacats going into season, now just Sidewinder for trails a 2021 Polaris SKS for playing in deep snow. Gave up holding my breath waiting for a pure Yamaha.

I feel for you guys..

• Like 1