liskeard or barrys bay/ haliburton.....

diesel04

hey my buddy has  got a long weekend starting tonight. where would one go for some decent riding ( hate running bare roads) with this warm weather etc. is barrys bay a good spot to rack some mileage on. or does he go to liskeard and run from there. north bay out of the question im sure it will be packed enough.........thanks for any info 

Opeongo groomer was down. Pretty sure they only have one unit? I would check with the club before heading there. 

Traffic, fresh snow and lack of grooming?? - last weekend B out of Whitney was trashed big time. Might be good now, but... 

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Barrys Bay has more snow then liskeard.  But Liskeard will still be good running..

Tough call. I like both areas, and hope to do my annual Pembroke to Spectacle Lake day trip next weekend. That said, the further north you go, as busy as you think it is, is nothing compared to South of North Bay. I did a day trip from Kearney to NB about this time last year, and in one day saw more sleds on that 1 day trip than I see in a week long trip up North. With the amount of new riders this year, I'd push further North and try to reduce the total traffic while riding.

I noted this year how many sleds barely slow down when passing stopped sleds on the trail, even when it has been narrow.

Haven't been up to Liskeard this year, probably won't.  Just spent the past four days around Barrys Bay, Lake St Peter and South and East of Bancroft covering 1250 kms of fresh groomed trails.

Week days there are great, and mornings are awesome to rack on the miles before the trails get soft and trashed.

Not sure what he chose, hope he enjoys!