Mt forest to Seaforth conditions?

ecarnell

Thinking of getting out for one more D9 ride tomorrow (Friday)

trailering to mt forest and riding rest of “green” trails on the ITG west/south.

anyone ridden them in last 24 hrs?

hoping not much road running.

E

17 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

trailering to mt forest and riding rest of “green” trails on the ITG west/south.

E

Can't speak for last 24 hours but we rode from St. Clements through Atwood to Blyth  then to Wingham and home via Listowel on Tuesday. It was rough due to past traffic and hard drifted snow everywhere other than Listowel trails which were stellar. No sign of groomers out working anywhere else. Some of the trails we rode are now back to yellow. More snow the further west we went.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, T bird said:

@ecarnellare things that tough out your area? Was thinking of going to that area and up to Wiarton/Owen Sound. Over the wknd 

For me, need to ditch bang into town and get to trails and would be some road running, and suspect yellow trails really means “yellow” trails as temps have compacted snow really well and none of the ground is really frozen - hence why looking to go south to green trails.

I road owen sound area last weekend - and west side was the worse (B trial) of the entire day, but looks like they still have some green trials, so can’t be that bad????

sorry not much help.

3 hours ago, T bird said:

@ecarnellare things that tough out your area? Was thinking of going to that area and up to Wiarton/Owen Sound. Over the wknd 

Groomer is out doing the the B trail from Owen sound to Wiarton right now.

Still have enough snow to justify coming here for the weekend but I wouldn't expect perfect trails,

Don't know if it'll get much grooming around us, it's been pretty warm and sunny

10 hours ago, ecarnell said:

E

Yes rode them today. Left from st clements went to listowel Palmerston Harrison mount forest and around and back thru Arthur. Arthur getting thin. Most snow is west of highway 6 from listowel up. Trail to wingman and over to Blyth looked mint and lots of snow still.  B111 is good all way up to mount forest and only a little bit of road near pike lake resort. Didn’t go much north of mount forest. But over to palmserton Harriston and done to listowel not much road running. Good luck. Looked good heading to Duram today but ran out of time. Managed 150 miles. 

CC90D985-555C-4300-9589-BB134DB37D20.jpeg

2502ED4C-37D6-4D18-B6B2-7A832DDDAC11.jpeg

8064F0CF-8557-4560-B541-5F48AE3BFC05.jpeg

2297B41E-A388-4D56-B267-35B8086CCA86.jpeg

FF102C9F-2F0A-441D-8AE7-2D9584FF2475.jpeg

4B0CE352-161C-47A2-8B51-37B330225D48.jpeg

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 5

Just in from 165 miles.blyth -lucknow a little rough but worth it.teezwater mildmay Clifford all minty.gettong rough on b108 south of wingham as usual(high traffic) .snow was weird today went from icy to soft to hard to soft all over the place it's so different. 

Today we rode from Orangeville through Arthur, Palmerston, Wingham to Kincardine for lunch. After lunch we ran up to Tiverton down through Walkerton, Hanover, Ayton, Mt forest, Arthur back to Orangeville. In the morning trails where very hard and icy and hard on the arms, by 10am the sun softened things up and the trails where really good. Roads weren't great and some of the bush trails are snirty but really no problem areas on the trails. I was surprised the trails were so good and the the amount of snow coverage for this time of year. If I had Friday off I'd be out again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lastzrt said:

All about the same to report from yesterday aft and evening. Rough around Blyth. Grooming is pretty much going to be over with out more snow. Get out and ride today and enjoy it while it lasts!

Not much to groom with freezing and thawing temps turning base to ice. Listowel and north might survive weekend if it doesn’t rain much. I had scratchers down for first hour yesterday morning and they make a huge difference. After I got abit north trails weren’t as icy so I put them up. Road crossing will kill them in south no doubt. 

2 hours ago, lastzrt said:

North Huron trails closed this morning Clinton-Blyth.

Weird they were rough but fine otherwise 

2 hours ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Weird they were rough but fine otherwise 

They may be trying to save a decent frozen snow base.

If the base gets torn up by sleds and exposes the ground to the sun, it's game over, even if it snows at this time of year. Especially on winter wheat.

That's a hard stop for us. We can not afford to destroy land owners crops and wreck that relationship.

It's warm and sunny where I am.

Our groomer went out and did 18 hours straight, yesterday/today. The temperatures dictated the best time to go.

Two operators, two different grooming areas as our next door club's groomer has been down for over a week. 

We've been sharing one groomer, and it's been used to the max for this past week by both groomer coordinators. think it's been out over 100 hrs in 7 days.

One club takes it out for a run, comes back here for fuel, maybe a short stop, and back out it goes.

This is only possible thanks to the volunteers, and that we both have almost identical Prinoth Huskys and mogul master drags. No one needed to be brought up to speed on the setup.

We've even been doing each others trails when an operator had extra time and it made sense. Been doing that all year.

My club's president and groomer coordinator is a champ. Brought all of the operators on a group text chain. A first for us. It works way better than phone calls.

We all know the status of the machine, where it's at, what it's doing, who is in it next and what we can/should be doing so someone can step up.

She is a rock star.

The old boy's club is now the young woman's club and we are much better for it.

Edited by vooodooo
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

They may be trying to save a decent frozen snow base.

If the base gets torn up by sleds and exposes the ground to the sun, it's game over, even if it snows at this time of year. Especially on winter wheat.

That's a hard stop for us. We can not afford to destroy land owners crops and wreck that relationship.

It's warm and sunny where I am.

Our groomer went out and did 18 hours straight, yesterday/today. The temperatures dictated the best time to go.

Two operators, two different grooming areas as our next door club's groomer has been down for over a week. 

We've been sharing one groomer, and it's been used to the max for this past week by both groomer coordinators. think it's been out over 100 hrs in 7 days.

One club takes it out for a run, comes back here for fuel, maybe a short stop, and back out it goes.

This is only possible thanks to the volunteers, and that we both have almost identical Prinoth Huskys and mogul master drags. No one needed to be brought up to speed on the setup.

We've even been doing each others trails when an operator had extra time and it made sense. Been doing that all year.

My club's president and groomer coordinator is a champ. Brought all of the operators on a group text chain. A first for us. It works way better than phone calls.

We all know the status of the machine, where it's at, what it's doing, who is in it next and what we can/should be doing so someone can step up.

She is a rock star.

The old boy's club is now the young woman's club and we are much better for it.

Sounds like you guys have your stuff together 

Good for you guys/gals, and a job well done...Congrats.. Team work on all fronts..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Sounds like you guys have your stuff together 

Good for you guys/gals, and a job well done...Congrats.. Team work on all fronts..

Gotta chime in for the D9 peeps as well.

None of this happens without district/ofsc support, or permit money.

Had an issue with our shared groomer. Didn't turn left worth a crap.

Emailed the district, they got the Shop Industrial guys down and worked on our groomer, fixed the issue.

That ain't free.

Don't ride with jerks who didn't buy a permit.

• Like 2

D9 was the best I’ve seen it in a few years, although we had some reroute it still came together pretty well. 

Hopefully next year will even be better for snow.  

Thanks to all the volunteers and operators and landowners for making this available and happen

and to all the folks behind the scenes like the mechanics that fix the equipment to keep the trails table top  

Edited by ToSlow

56 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

D9 was the best I’ve seen it in a few years, although we had some reroute it still came together pretty well. 

Hopefully next year will even be better for snow.  

Thanks to all the volunteers and operators and landowners for making this available and happen

and to all the folks behind the scenes like the mechanics that fix the equipment to keep the trails table top  

One more day from mount forest to Duram or is it done you think? 

1 hour ago, vooodooo said:

Gotta chime in for the D9 peeps as well.

None of this happens without district/ofsc support, or permit money.

Had an issue with our shared groomer. Didn't turn left worth a crap.

Emailed the district, they got the Shop Industrial guys down and worked on our groomer, fixed the issue.

That ain't free.

Don't ride with jerks who didn't buy a permit.

X2, me and Mrs. Turbo Doo rode a majority of our miles in D9 this season.  Some of the best grooming and trails in the area in more then a few years. Hats off to all the volunteers, land owners,  permit buyers etc etc. Job well done..

58 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

One more day from mount forest to Duram or is it done you think? 

If you ride north west should be a few more rides before it’s done. 

Hopefully the warm up and rain they are calling for don’t happen