2021 Northern Excursion

revrnd

On 2/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, revrnd said:

20210227_165947.thumb.jpg.5b337ce9cc6df6425ea06488ce17758c.jpg

This has been around for a while (from 2003):

824614628_097StoppedinHearst.thumb.JPG.a8a0ed4f73fe695c30e87a8cea178e6f.JPG

Posting about the mill, I later found out that RYAM owns it now.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:45 PM, revrnd said:

Don't give him any credit for my hammer, he just works in my sales department LOL.

Glad you enjoyed the loops! We had an older couple @ the Moonbeam clubhouse tell us about the L trails many years ago. I found out about the Hearst loops on my 3rd trip up there in '02. I haven't ridden much in Muskoka, so that might be on the plan in the future.

I've been meaning to talk to you about this...time to re-negotiate our commission arrangement...8-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:40 PM, probill said:

Hi revrnd...just got back from Kap this afternoon. Great to meet and have a chat with you and irReverent. Thanks again for the information you gave us on all the local trails. We had a great 2 days in Hearst on the 165, 163, 115, 171, 159, 153 etc. all trails were in great shape. Friday we did almost 200 miles on those trails and only saw 1 sled!!  I can tell you that irReverent's hammer got a real workout!! Hope to meet up again with you guys again next year. Let me know when you will be sledding in my area.

Hey, probill...it was great to meet and chat with you at the Advantage as well.  Glad you and your wife got to enjoy all of the local Kap and Hearst loops.  Would love to connect with you again next year...perhaps up north again, and down here in Simcoe/Muskoka on our local trail system. 

As revrnd has rightly pointed out, I can't take any credit for his ice hammer, although I do like to spread the word about how useful it is. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, revrnd said:

This has been around for a while (from 2003):

824614628_097StoppedinHearst.thumb.JPG.a8a0ed4f73fe695c30e87a8cea178e6f.JPG

Posting about the mill, I later found out that RYAM owns it now.

Rayonier bought out a lot of the Tembec mills in Ont. & P.Q.!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Rayonier bought out a lot of the Tembec mills in Ont. & P.Q.!

Just Googled that & the buyout was in the spring of 2017. I'm surprised I didn't read about it in the trade magazine we get (woodlot ownership).

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Just Googled that & the buyout was in the spring of 2017. I'm surprised I didn't read about it in the trade magazine we get (woodlot ownership).

Tembec cud never make $ even in the good times!

On 3/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, irREVerent said:

Hey, probill...it was great to meet and chat with you at the Advantage as well.  Glad you and your wife got to enjoy all of the local Kap and Hearst loops.  Would love to connect with you again next year...perhaps up north again, and down here in Simcoe/Muskoka on our local trail system. 

As revrnd has rightly pointed out, I can't take any credit for his ice hammer, although I do like to spread the word about how useful it is. 

I would be interested in that as well. Always fun to explore new trails and always better to be in a new area with someone who knows the trails. We will be in the NCDN next year for sure and also hope to do a couple of tours in Quebec if this Covid thing gets behind us by the end of the year. Revrnd's hammer has a few dents in it that it didnt have before but I look forward to putting lots more dents in it next year!!!

• Thanks 1