Parry Sound / North Bay Health Region trail closure is over!

Puggz

Can't believe my eyes! Hope its not a glitch with the software..lol

• Like 1

Happy for those guys....hope they get some good runs in before the rains come

Glad to hear for the locals - should have never been closed in the first place.

For anyone else travelling to the area - make sure you stock up on everything you need to ensure you don't spend a single cent in the area.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

For anyone else travelling to the area - make sure you stock up on everything you need to ensure you don't spend a single cent in the area.

Cheers

Never question the experts and where they get their data.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Never question the experts and where they get their data.

embarrassing to say the least.

Joke, all of them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

embarrassing to say the least.

Joke, all of them.

Here's the biggest fraud of them all.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Here's the biggest fraud of them all.

All of them, and all of this is bullshit.

31 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

wife and i were talking yesterday and we were trying to figure out how many toxic chemicals these chinese masks contain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Cheers

Are you suggesting that you penalize the local businesses that are struggling to survive over a closure that they disagreed with and had no control over?  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Are you suggesting that you penalize the local businesses that are struggling to survive over a closure that they disagreed with and had no control over?  

i agree with both of you. its up to the individual to speak up as well. So unless someone's pocket book isnt hurt they will never learn. that being said i will try and put any money i can into the economy

What we really should be asking is why we give power to unelected officials and these massive health regions really serve no purpose in this juncture

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

wife and i were talking yesterday and we were trying to figure out how many toxic chemicals these chinese masks contain.

Most who died with Spanish Flu died of bacterial pneumonia.  The source unhealthy "Masks".

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

i agree with both of you. its up to the individual to speak up as well. So unless someone's pocket book isnt hurt they will never learn. that being said i will try and put any money i can into the economy

What we really should be asking is why we give power to unelected officials and these massive health regions really serve no purpose in this juncture

That's really what it comes down to.  Taking care of one self and screw the rest.  

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Well. From where I sit and all the posts and news reports I have read....the individuals as well as small business most certainly spoke loud and clear that they didn’t want the closure. No way local business should be boycotted because of a decision they had no control over and were at the mercy of Dr Cheerios! They need all the support they can get. Some of them will never recover and will close permanently. Resorts/hotels/motels and restaurants in particular. (Which atm are mostly impacted anyway as this region is still in lockdown). I am sure everyone would hate to see places they regularly rely on for food and accommodation when sledding no longer around.  So when it is open again to travel to they should whole heartedly be supported. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I think if you read between the lines, that is more or less what the mayor of Parry Sound was saying yesterday on CTV. When Dr Cheerios decision was made & no other health units followed suit, it should've been overruled. He should've been called up on the carpet asking why he felt the region's trail should be closed while other more populous areas stayed open.

Glad to see 10 & 11 open now & we never hear of Dr. Cheerios again.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Giddy UP said:

Well. From where I sit and all the posts and news reports I have read....the individuals as well as small business most certainly spoke loud and clear that they didn’t want the closure. No way local business should be boycotted because of a decision they had no control over and were at the mercy of Dr Cheerios! They need all the support they can get. Some of them will never recover and will close permanently. Resorts/hotels/motels and restaurants in particular. (Which atm are mostly impacted anyway as this region is still in lockdown). I am sure everyone would hate to see places they regularly rely on for food and accommodation when sledding no longer around.  So when it is open again to travel to they should whole heartedly be supported. 

well i hope so. I was just discussing and if it was my business that was affected I would be camped out on that idiots doorstep.

14 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I think if you read between the lines, that is more or less what the mayor of Parry Sound was saying yesterday on CTV. When Dr Cheerios decision was made & no other health units followed suit, it should've been overruled. He should've been called up on the carpet asking why he felt the region's trail should be closed while other more populous areas stayed open.

Should have fired him immediately. I would have.

• Like 1

The local levels of business and government official need to accept nothing other than concrete answers to what just happened or why it was allowed to happen to ONLY this region for what, one full month now because of ONE individual.

Not nice to hear, but sometime it is through tough financial situations, people become more invested, willing to push for those answers.

Perhaps it was some of those local business folks, a neighbour to a business owner or a relative that were all up in arms in Jan about the resident & non-resident people around getting on with trying to enjoy life that lead down this path :wtf:

It has been voiced for a while from people on this side of the line that is drawn in the sand, that what has been happening and is happening, has way more negative affects than if life was not shut down to the degree it has been.

The fallout will be huge along with additional taxes to try and recover / rebound from this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kind of sad when you see a positive post posted and within seconds it gets negative.Not much keeping people in positive state of mind these days.

So let's take this little bite of great new for these districts and let them enjoy this.

Stay safe ride safe. Cheer!  :cheers:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

You just know he would never have the balls to change his decision before the initial time frame had lapsed. That would mean he would have admitted he was wrong in closing the trails. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Giddy UP said:

I totally agree and understand 100% where you are coming from and what you are saying. When those businesses close, they know who they can thank for that. For me, I'm caught in my own head with it - and I know I'm alone here - and I am okay with that, but part of me says "support the local businesses" - the other part of me says supporting anything in that PHU allows this one idiot to continue forward - it just doesn't cut it for me - the only thing I can do is speak with my wallet - he lives there - he did this - he made the decision, and as long as he holds that position, then I'm out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I totally agree and understand 100% where you are coming from and what you are saying. When those businesses close, they know who they can thank for that. For me, I'm caught in my own head with it - and I know I'm alone here - and I am okay with that, but part of me says "support the local businesses" - the other part of me says supporting anything in that PHU allows this one idiot to continue forward - it just doesn't cut it for me - the only thing I can do is speak with my wallet - he lives there - he did this - he made the decision, and as long as he holds that position, then I'm out. 

I bet he has no clue of the economic benefits sledders bring in a slow part of the year. Look at the gas stations on a weekend for 1 example.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I bet he gas no clue of the economic benefits sledders bring in a slow part of the year. Look at the gas stations on a weekend for 1 example.

Not a clue - and not a care 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

He lives in North Bay.....I am from Kearney...that is 1 hour away....I am all for supporting the small towns that got caught in the cross-fire.....if we could divorce ourselves from North Bay and only be Parry Sound I would be OK with that!

• Like 3