Klim Rift vs FXR Adrenaline

signfan

19 hours ago, signfan said:

Anyone owned both of these?  Curious on how the two compare.  Are the rift jackets as warm?

Somewhat like discussing cars, but I'll give it a shot.

I have KLIM pants, I don't know what model. I will wear them when sledding around home down to -20c. I bought FXR pants after wearing the KLIM's at -30c up North, not great at that temp. Technically, my KLIM pants are better, rubberized zippers, Goretex material, 1000% windproof; but I don't sled in BC and I'm over 60, so ya I get cold easy.

My riding buddy bought the FXR ADR set (pants and jacket) years ago, with the pull out liner; still wears them going on 8 years now. Since he bought them, 3 of our group have bought either the FXR ADR or the version down, all went from CHOKO to FXR.

I replaced my 2nd CHOKO jacket (my 1st CHOKO jacket was made in Canada (1994) with a FXR jacket something close to the ADR, thinking that having floatation pants and not having a floatation jacket was a very bad idea. I bought RealTree as both were on sale and I'm cheap. I wore my FXR pants and jacket last Feb at -38 c coming out of Cochrane, yes with more layers under it, but the FXR stuff is really warm. Only complaint I have on FXR, is not enough pockets for us touring guys and all my pocket stuff.

So, if you are under 30 years of age and get away with only wear a t-shirt under your coat, or plan on ridding in BC, I 'd say go KLIM, awesome quality manuf.

My stuff is a few years old, but I hop they haven't lessened the FXR warmth in the new versions.

20180213_123912.thumb.jpg.4acaeeb02e92ef731339aaeac5a713a5.jpg

Edited by Gadgetman
Added pic

I have the keweenaw bibs and pants and love them.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I have the keweenaw bibs and pants and love them.

Myself as well. I’ve had all other brands of pants, coats and boots over the years. This is my first year with full Klim gear and it is absolutely amazing! As we approach late season riding, I will be just going with shorts and t shirt. 

All I know is don't Buy Ski-doo clothing. Bought my first suit in years and I froze in it. Wearing my old suit now and its ten times warmer. 

Skidoo and Energy Powersports wont do anything for me at all. Im not happy

8 hours ago, T bird said:

Myself as well. I’ve had all other brands of pants, coats and boots over the years. This is my first year with full Klim gear and it is absolutely amazing! As we approach late season riding, I will be just going with shorts and t shirt. 

Do you have the Rift jacket?  How cold of weather have you ridden in?  Looks like Rift is the only jacket Klim has with flotation built in.

34 minutes ago, signfan said:

Do you have the Rift jacket?  How cold of weather have you ridden in?  Looks like Rift is the only jacket Klim has with flotation built in.

No I don’t. I just have the standard Klim jacket. Super warm!

I have a Klim jacket - can't recall what model, but I love it, have NEVER been cold in it.

My kid has a new FXR Floatex - seems to be very warm as well.

I wear a Klim keweenaw jacket and a Klim Klimate bibs and I'm never cold, even in -25. Great quality, can be purchased on a discount if you look around (new, non current) and the bibs are available in short, reg, and tall versions. As i'm 5'5", this is important.  actually, the climate bibs are extremely warm.  For the jacket, in colder temps I wear a 2.0 base layer and mid layer. I'm 57 :smil9:

In addition, my wife wears a FXR Renegade jacket with the removable liner. She likes it but the liner is only a vest and her arms get a touch cool at times.

Edited by Puggz

13 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I wear a Klim keweenaw jacket and a Klim Klimate bibs and I'm never cold, even in -25. Great quality, can be purchased on a discount if you look around (new, non current) and the bibs are available in short, reg, and tall versions. As i'm 5'5", this is important.  actually, the climate bibs are extremely warm.  For the jacket, in colder temps I wear a 2.0 base layer and mid layer. I'm 57 :smil9:

I think that is my jacket model now that you say it - sounds familiar.

It's a great jacket - I won't get rid of it anytime soon.

Depending on the weather - if -10 or colder - I wear a t-shirt and sweater of some sort - above -10 it's either just a t-shirt or a thin long sleeve t-shirt type.

I own a rift jacket and still have my keeweenaw jacket and pants. Kim just uses the floater jacket and you use the regular bibs so I wear my keeweenaw bibs. The jacket is warm just like my keeweenaw. I will say at -4c and above I sweat more in the rift as it doesn’t seem to breathe as well. I find the quality of the rift less than than my keeweenaw especially the zipper which can easily catch on the material flap on the jacket and get stuck. 

my son has the FXR adrenaline in which both jacket and pants have float technology. No idea if one is better than the other if you go through the ice but both should give you an extra few minutes of survival time. My son really likes his FXR suit and is always warm. I would suggest trying both on and going with what fits and feels best. 

Rift has 180 gram insulation, by comparison my valdez has none and my klimate has 260 grams, the valdez is designed to be layered, the klimate is watrm with a t shirt at -15 and can be warmer if you weasr fleece under it. So the jacket you are refering to is in ther middle, and will not be grewat at -030 if you do not layer. Goretex is simply the best and the pro shells are amazing. I have a spyder pro shell and the klim pro shell.

I have an Adrenaline suit and for the most part am very happy with it.  Only complaints is the weight of it (it's heavy).  Was curious on whether the Rift would be as warm.  Sounds like close, but not quite there.  Thanks for the responses.