Ayr Drumbo parking

coolbane

1 hour ago, coolbane said:

Does anyone know a good trailer parking spot near trail in general area of Ayr/Drumbo? Thanks

Just west of hwy 401 on Drumbo road there is what was originally a truck stop. Trail # 5-77 runs out of the back of the lot there.

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just west of hwy 401 on Drumbo road there is what was originally a truck stop. Trail # 5-77 runs out of the back of the lot there.

There is Drumbo truckstop at the 401 interchange, is that the place? Truckstop looks active, is it OK to park there?

SF, I"m headed south so I don't want to park further north if I can avoid it. 

7 minutes ago, coolbane said:

There is Drumbo truckstop at the 401 interchange, is that the place? Truckstop looks active, is it OK to park there?

SF, I"m headed south so I don't want to park further north if I can avoid it. 

Take a look at the ITG. 5-77 crosses the 401 heading south at an overpass about 5 km. from the truckstop.

8 hours ago, coolbane said:

Thanks PLC, that was a good place to park.

Did a 280 k loop from there down to Turkey Pt. 40% good, 60% so so. I have to quit riding on Sundays. Not really alot of snow to work with, snirt in the corners. 

Does the trail still come into the back of the truck stop?

1 hour ago, brodhagenbullet said:

Does the trail still come into the back of the truck stop?

Yes it does.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 10:01 PM, coolbane said:

Thanks PLC, that was a good place to park.

Did a 280 k loop from there down to Turkey Pt. 40% good, 60% so so. I have to quit riding on Sundays. Not really alot of snow to work with, snirt in the corners. 

Is the trail still going under the 403 ?     Haven't done it since 14 I think     Pics on the beach and lunch at the TPH     Turkey Point Hotel    Daughter was 14 I guess

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Is the trail still going under the 403 ?     Haven't done it since 14 I think     Pics on the beach and lunch at the TPH     Turkey Point Hotel    Daughter was 14 I guess

I believe it does go under the 401 on township road 8 Nick. I haven't ridden it.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe it does go under the 401 on township road 8 Nick. I haven't ridden it.

Hey Brian  I have done that a few times    gets you to Drumbo and Princeton    The GTSA areas   but to get to Turkey Point you have to get past the 403      First time we did it had to run above the 403 on pure pavement    oh well we survived lol   but the trail was changed so good work the club did     Maybe Burford    if i am wrong sorry  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Hey Brian  I have done that a few times    gets you to Drumbo and Princeton    The GTSA areas   but to get to Turkey Point you have to get past the 403      First time we did it had to run above the 403 on pure pavement    oh well we survived lol   but the trail was changed so good work the club did     Maybe Burford    if i am wrong sorry  

Goes under 403 at small river near old mill rd

• Like 1