Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

I have buddies going to Cochrane tomorrow and heading to Hearst.   I will get some ride reports from them over the next few days.    I still plan on heading there next weekend for a season ender even if it is a solo run.     

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I have buddies going to Cochrane tomorrow and heading to Hearst.   I will get some ride reports from them over the next few days.    I still plan on heading there next weekend for a season ender even if it is a solo run.     

We are Cochrane bound tomorrow also. That's if we go. Sleds are not loaded yet. Doo I stay or should I go now......

9 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We are Cochrane bound tomorrow also. That's if we go. Sleds are not loaded yet. Doo I stay or should I go now......

Take 1 for the team! We need pics from the NCDN.

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

For what its worth TD, I think you should go. I believe you would likely be kicking yourself in the somewhere for a long summer if you don't . You know the NCDN well enough to find the good riding if you did had to be selective. I have been watching the weather for Kap. Looks like more good riding days than bad coming up. You could also make some advice calls if you haven't already. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

For what its worth TD, I think you should go. I believe you would likely be kicking yourself in the somewhere for a long summer if you don't . You know the NCDN well enough to find the good riding if you did had to be selective. I have been watching the weather for Kap. Looks like more good riding days than bad coming up. You could also make some advice calls if you haven't already. 

I know you know me well enough.  I've been calling and texting my NCDN contacts like a fat kid on a smartie today, Non stop. I know, we are up there long enough we can always move to where the trails are good. Just need to load the sleds. Will not be the first time loading the sleds in just a sweater or a light jacket.  @Mrs Turbo Doo is cracking the whip....Get em loaded..

• Like 1

go td, go... looks like warmth and a bit of rain, then snow. town will get wiped out for roads, hotel, fuel but, the trails will survive and be decent. once it cools down, they will start grooming again. go up, relax, ride when you can, enjoy friends, when you cant. as stated above, you will kick yourself, if you dont. or you may do worse, if people start posting up how good it actually is. showing a good snowfall for weds, too. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/hearst

spring riding in effect, wait until later in the day to ride, when the trail softens up. you will also get a few days to get used to the time change, that is a huge bonus. you dont have to do it, while trying to go to work. 

Lynne and I always took the week after the change, for that reason. longer days, warmer, have time to adjust to the time change. 

you and @Mrs Turbo Doo, should go up and enjoy yourselves. you work hard, and deserve a break, from work, and the last year. Ski

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

I know you know me well enough.  I've been calling and texting my NCDN contacts like a fat kid on a smartie today, Non stop. I know, we are up there long enough we can always move to where the trails are good. Just need to load the sleds. Will not be the first time loading the sleds in just a sweater or a light jacket.  @Mrs Turbo Doo is cracking the whip....Get em loaded..

Smart lady !

• Haha 1

Just now, skidooboy said:

go td, go... looks like warmth and a bit of rain, then snow. town will get wiped out for roads, hotel, fuel but, the trails will survive and be decent. once it cools down, they will start grooming again. go up, relax, ride when you can, enjoy friends, when you cant. as stated above, you will kick yourself, if you dont. or you may do worse, if people start posting up how good it actually is. showing a good snowfall for weds, too. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/hearst

spring riding in effect, wait until later in the day to ride, when the trail softens up. you will also get a few days to get used to the time change, that is a huge bonus. you dont have to do it, while trying to go to work. 

Lynne and I always took the week after the change, for that reason. longer days, warmer, have time to adjust to the time change. 

you and @Mrs Turbo Doo, should go up and enjoy yourselves. you work hard, and deserve a break, from work, and the last year. Ski

Thanks Eric. Appreciate the get going and go comments. Maybe just what I needed..

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 3:13 PM, andreyboater said:

We are going to Cochrane on Thursday, planning Canyon on Friday, Saturday to Hearst and Sunday back to Cochrane. Just curious, if clubs will keep trails open after mild weather.  Feedback from locals will be very appreciated. 

The groomers are parked until it cools down I heard from hornepayne club, hence why that trail is now yellow. 

16 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Take 1 for the team! We need pics from the NCDN.

EE6B6F41-F58F-41A2-B164-75D545D3276E.jpeg

07BF3D21-4E70-46D3-B710-609C6C35B236.jpeg

B4889D1F-4964-4571-AEDB-2F1C7AA7DCC3.jpeg

CFB29205-4377-46E4-A5E8-FEF60CE1462B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

EE6B6F41-F58F-41A2-B164-75D545D3276E.jpeg

07BF3D21-4E70-46D3-B710-609C6C35B236.jpeg

B4889D1F-4964-4571-AEDB-2F1C7AA7DCC3.jpeg

CFB29205-4377-46E4-A5E8-FEF60CE1462B.jpeg

keep posting these @1049, Mark! he cant resist those pics, no matter how hard he tries. enjoy your rides boys and girls. doo it, for those who cant be with you! :D ski

Edited by skidooboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Already have. You just want me to go tomorrow and let you know how it is. I see...:rotflmao:....

Well the rain forecast for Kirkland is a game changer. We are watching and may head up next weekend.  And travel abit further. :icon_steer:.  

47 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Did you not push the trip up a day or so ?

Accuweather forecast is more favourable for us. Less rain and lower temps than the TWN forecast, both tomorrow and Thursday.

Edited by tricky
  • Like 2