Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

26 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

There's more then big trails. Lots of side trails have varying trail types. We have lots of friends we like to ride with and see. I can go on and on. But see no need to here.  Again different strokes for different folks. 

im not questioning your opinions. ride where you like. just curious as to what else there was.

A longer season.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

yup different.

What else does the north have besides big flat trails?

That is why I love Quebec so much.   Smooth trails that have some scenery that you can ride at under 100km/h and still have fun.   I have very little interest in riding in Southern Ontario anymore.  

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

That is why I love Quebec so much.   Smooth trails that have some scenery that you can ride at under 100km/h and still have fun.   I have very little interest in riding in Southern Ontario anymore.  

Under 100km/h, what? :evil2:

• Haha 1

I would love to ride the south sometime.

This year would have been the year to do it but with covid and moma bear being a little over protective of me I couldn't do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I would love to ride the south sometime.

This year would have been the year to do it but with covid and moma bear being a little over protective of me I couldn't do it.

Ya  we talk about it at the garage meetings   What the guys from the north would think of our trails in the south   The trails here     when we have snow    lots of farm land  obviosly but I never get bored seeing whats happening       lots to look at    and dont get me wrong   doing our Sturgeon  Suds  Auldreekie  Temagami run   my favourite part is coming into Earlton      Trees and twistys for one day is ok    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

we are going earlier and not going east of Kap  fingers crossed

Not as many of us up this week as the one just past. V2, four of us are staying in Kap Wed night, Super 8 in Hearst Thur/Fri and back to Kap Saturday. Drive home to bike season on Sunday. Might we cross paths? We will be four normally aspirated 4-strokes of the 1200 and 900 variety, a mix of black and red sleds. Depending on conditions we may venture east out of Kap Thursday for a bit before heading west to Hearst.

6 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I am the total opposite.  If I can't trailer north, I will be out of the sport so fast, it will make your head spin...

X2. I had 8 day trips in D5 and D9 this winter and am grateful, but if that were all my sledding, I would quit in a heart beat.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Yup I get it. Different strokes. I honestly have zero interest in going fast in a straight line on huge trails. Bores the crap out of me .Rather ride muskoka or trails like that. Also why I wont go 4 stroke. too big and heavy.

If I had a combination of Muskoka and Haliburton trails close to home, I would seldom see D15, but I like the change that D12, 13, 14, and 15 offer so would always take one big trip away per year.

5 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

I like the 4 stokes :icon_lolsign::poke2::icon_dance-cpatch::rotflmao:   oh and studded all the way  :lmao:

X2,3,4,5,6....

14 minutes ago, tricky said:

Not as many of us up this week as the one just past. V2, four of us are staying in Kap Wed night, Super 8 in Hearst Thur/Fri and back to Kap Saturday. Drive home to bike season on Sunday. Might we cross paths? We will be four normally aspirated 4-strokes of the 1200 and 900 variety, a mix of black and red sleds. Depending on conditions we may venture east out of Kap Thursday for a bit before heading west to Hearst.

we are 4  too    Advantage Wed      Super 8 Hearst Thurs       Companion Fri night and Sat return to Kap    I am planning riding Hornpayne on Fri  and Sat doing the Hearst loops    Probably should meet up and talk sleddin   We are 2 900 T  Rennes  One 900 NA  Renne   and a Yellow Buzzard  

7 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

we are 4  too    Advantage Wed      Super 8 Hearst Thurs       Companion Fri night and Sat return to Kap    I am planning riding Hornpayne on Fri  and Sat doing the Hearst loops    Probably should meet up and talk sleddin   We are 2 900 T  Rennes  One 900 NA  Renne   and a Yellow Buzzard  

Your plan and schedule is similar to ours. We will do Hornepayne Friday if I can confirm its okay. Otherwise we will just beat on all the local trails between Hearst and Moonbeam until they are done Saturday.

Just now, tricky said:

Your plan and schedule is similar to ours. We will do Hornepayne Friday if I can confirm its okay. Otherwise we will just beat on all the local trails between Hearst and Moonbeam until they are done Saturday.

where are you in kap ?

Advantage motel. Rick

4 minutes ago, tricky said:

Advantage motel. Rick

10 4   White Chev  crew cab  PU  black cap   with the black Pro star    arriving prob around 5 ish    and gonna be thirsty   :cheers:   Its Nick

Always enjoy my trips up north, even the drive when the weather is good. 

I wouldn't say I'd quit if all my riding was in D2, but variety is nice.

Here's to a normal season for '21/'22 & we can 'organize' an OC gathering mid-season up north.

• Like 4

Our lodgings are basically identical, except we have 2 nights in the Super 8. We arrive in a white Ram eco diesel with black Triton clamshell, and a black Ram Cummins with, I think, a white Triton. 

A couple of us will be thirsty by Kap, likely around 6. Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, revrnd said:

Always enjoy my trips up north, even the drive when the weather is good. 

I wouldn't say I'd quit if all my riding was in D2, but variety is nice.

Here's to a normal season for '21/'22 & we can 'organize' an OC gathering mid-season up north.

We just had quite the OC gathering at Super 8 in kap and Hearst..:poke2::D

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The just had quite the OC gathering at Super 8 in kap and Hearst..:poke2::D

I was thinking something a bit early to avoid the rain :icon_doh:

21 hours ago, extreme600 said:

Here's a few pics of the trails up in D15.  Great trails all the way through for us.  Always love riding the L trails.  Superb!!!  Great way to finish our seasonIMG_3369.JPG

(Interesting method to how the logging road crossings up there)

IMG_3349.JPG

BTDT :)

IMG_3311.JPG

:right_on:

IMG_3317.JPG

I'm guessing this is out on Remi Lake? We ended up @ the public landing when it was quite windy & after the snow. Figured the drifting wouldn't be fun so headed back down the L119

IMG_3388.JPG

TOP A east of Hearst? Mustve been riding too fast to notice it...

Comments along w/ the pics.

19 hours ago, extreme600 said:

IMG_3346.JPG

Hopefully the last time we see a pic like this. On to next season!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

We did avoid the rain. It ended up being a great trip..

20210312_112056.jpg

8 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

yup different.

What else does the north have besides big flat trails?

Have you rode in QC or North of Sud's, I assume you must have, but I am asking as there is more than big flat trails that I am sure you would have encountered.

There is a lot of flatter trails, but there is also plenty of rolling trails with bends & curves as well trails that run in and out of the bush.

The picture above could easily be mistaken for a trail in the Southern parts through the bush.....personally kind of reminds me of D101B just south of 76.

Not so much tight twisty narrow trails like in dist 7 & surrounding areas, but even dist 7 has some wider trails that were logged that are similar to the North, but just for shorter periods.

The second part that goes hand in hand with the Northern On or QC is the trip aspect, on your sled for 5 to 7 days with people you mostly enjoy spending time with....I say mostly as I know sometimes people can get funny on trips...... :poke2: ....but usually makes for some good laughs later on.

Like mentioned, it is really nice, for me at least, to ride some of the local'ish trails with the pluses that it brings, and some of the negatives too, as well the trails & atmosphere Northern ON & QC offers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

Have you rode in QC or North of Sud's, I assume you must have, but I am asking as there is more than big flat trails that I am sure you would have encountered.

There is a lot of flatter trails, but there is also plenty of rolling trails with bends & curves as well trails that run in and out of the bush.

The picture above could easily be mistaken for a trail in the Southern parts through the bush.....personally kind of reminds me of D101B just south of 76.

Not so much tight twisty narrow trails like in dist 7 & surrounding areas, but even dist 7 has some wider trails that were logged that are similar to the North, but just for shorter periods.

The second part that goes hand in hand with the Northern On or QC is the trip aspect, on your sled for 5 to 7 days with people you mostly enjoy spending time with....I say mostly as I know sometimes people can get funny on trips...... :poke2: ....but usually makes for some good laughs later on.

Like mentioned, it is really nice, for me at least, to ride some of the local'ish trails with the pluses that it brings, and some of the negatives too, as well the trails & atmosphere Northern ON & QC offers!

Yes. We mainly ride the NCDN,  and Northwestern Quebec. There are plenty of varying types of trails. Lots of trails off the main top trails are all varying types and topography.  You just cannot beat the QC and Northern Ontario atmosphere.  Its what keeps us addicted..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yes. We mainly ride the NCDN,  and Northwestern Quebec. There are plenty of varying types of trails. Lots of trails off the main top trails are all varying types and topography.  You just cannot beat the QC and Northern Ontario atmosphere.  Its what keeps us addicted..

LOL.....I was asking UsedtoSkidoo!

I quoted you/ your picture for ref purposes only.

I, and I am sure many others, have a pretty good idea where you ride :right_on: