Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

Yup.   I am calling it a season.   I am slammed and work and my new truck still hasnt arrived.    Best local snow conditions in years and I will end the season with one on my lowest mileage totals in several years.  :banghead: 

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I would hate for any of you to hit one of those things while singing along at high “C”. 

Yep, sure would put a damper on things. 
Definitely need to be extra attentive in hopes you can react in time. 

Thankfully many stretches are open on both sides of the trails with good lines of sight.

Something to consider that I’m sure some may think or worry about more than others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yep, sure would put a damper on things. 
Definitely need to be extra attentive in hopes you can react in time. 

Thankfully many stretches are open on both sides of the trails with good lines of sight.

Something to consider that I’m sure some may think or worry about more than others.

Yep-had a trapper jump out on rail bed N. of Temisk. P.Q. some years ago -was just able to squeeze by him on left-close call!

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

Seems to be no shortage of them up there this winter. Seen some other videos & pics on Faceplant & CTV Sudbury too.

Lots of lynx in P.Q. + wolves!

We left this am. Kap and Hearst are the only ones handling the increased traffic the best. Moonbeam clubhouse to Cochrane was absolutely destroyed.  We turned around at the Moonbeam clubhouse and rode every L trail Kap has twice yesterday.  Good season ending toot for us.  @Mrs Turbo Doo sled is sold now, and we are focusing on our '22 900T R's now...

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We left this am. Kap and Hearst are the only ones handling the increased traffic the best. Moonbeam clubhouse to Cochrane was absolutely destroyed.  We turned around at the Moonbeam clubhouse and rode every L trail Kap has twice yesterday.  Good season ending toot for us.  @Mrs Turbo Doo sled is sold now, and we are focusing on our '22 900T R's now...

That is something that I chuckle about and usually just to myself regarding grooming. Those clubs have no idea what southern clubs go through for the short season they are open, what those clubs are seeing for the next couple weeks is a fraction of what our clubs see in regards to traffic. It's good for them to see some hi traffic for a bit, lol.

Sounds like you had a great trip aside from the motel issues, I enjoyed the reports.

• Like 1

Hornepayne to Kap was fantastic today just loaded up heading for home been a fantastic trip only 11 hours and we will be home 

F50D7C0A-534D-45F7-B01D-952CF3725A1B.jpeg

038A905D-A748-43EA-BDE3-C124B4C78A74.jpeg

06403C38-3524-4F0D-AF22-A02D196199EA.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, 1049 said:

Hornepayne to Kap was fantastic today just loaded up heading for home been a fantastic trip only 11 hours and we will be home 

wow... 11 hours. That's half way to Florida

48 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Not a big deal when the trip has let you ride 2825 km on your sled.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Wildman said:

That is something that I chuckle about and usually just to myself regarding grooming. Those clubs have no idea what southern clubs go through for the short season they are open, what those clubs are seeing for the next couple weeks is a fraction of what our clubs see in regards to traffic. It's good for them to see some hi traffic for a bit, lol.

Sounds like you had a great trip aside from the motel issues, I enjoyed the reports.

I made the comment because IMO, with the amount of traffic,  places packed with sledders,  things should be groomed nightly.  Kap and Hearst where doing a phenomenal job, as usual.  Moonbeam trails had not appeared to be touched one bit. 

On 3/12/2021 at 8:05 PM, coldfinger said:

Talking with the OPP last weekend they strongly suggested using the garage as they have been investigating numerous sled thefts in Hearst . As he said for 12$ why not . I had the oldest sled in the barn that night I'm sure l could have left it on the sidewalk with the key  and no one would have touched it.

I left my key in my sled overnight a couple of weeks ago at the Super 8  and we left the hotel for most of the night.  (not on purpose) but she was still there in the morning!  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:22 AM, Turbo Doo said:

We where at a high burn rate today.  Right @Evil..

Oh ya!  

On 3/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, 1049 said:

Their really cool to see I’ve probably seen 20 over the years you need to be in a low Traffic area normally I seen one the other day on L 125 just off A trail 

We saw a huge moose on Sunday on the east side of the L119!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Ontario F7 and I rode with Techdenis007 and his GF from Hearst to Hornpayne, and back. We met 1049 and his wife at the moose land warm up shack. It was another beautiful day riding with amazing people from this forum. 

Good seeing you guys at Della-Pieta!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1049 said:

Holy crap the klicks (& the trails)!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Evil said:

We saw a huge moose on Sunday on the east side of the L119!

There was quite a bit of moose activity on the east side of the L129 the other week. Had seen their tracks back in '18 when the gang rode it.

Any idea why they is a Hanta Loop sign on the L123 east of the Kap' River?

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not a big deal when the trip has let you ride 2825 km on your sled.

Now that depends on where your priorities may be........:icon_steer:

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

02Sled. It's OK to trailer.  :icon_steer:

LOL....I was thinking the same thing.

I will admit, I have way less desire to drive to ride like I once had, especially for single day rides, but when you are going for a multi day trip, it really means very little how far the drive is compared to the ride.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Now that depends on where your priorities may be........:icon_steer:

True, but that trip works out to 256 km. of riding for every two hours of driving  including up and back driving time. Well worth the drive in my books. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, volunteer2 said:

One of the best looking sleds    had one too     keep on with the pics   :icon_that:

I was never really impressed w/ the sled after coming off the MXZx 440 (which I should've kept until the ZX came out). My memory fails me on the revisions, but there really much of any changes to the front suspension or steering from the F chassis. I don't think the 'rack' setup came until the ZX (or MXZx S chassis). I'm sure someone will chime in. The yellow Submarine in the other pics I think was a 1st year version. Blew out the base gasket on the north end of Dog Lake, repaired it in Ernie's garage (gasket from the 'doo dealer in D'ville) & contined on to Chapleau. made it as far as south of Matheson & started leaking coolant...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Or all the way home. :coffeenose:

Edited by ontariof7
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

Ontario F7 and I rode with Techdenis007 and his GF from Hearst to Hornpayne, and back. We met 1049 and his wife at the moose land warm up shack. It was another beautiful day riding with amazing people from this forum. 

F70D08FC-CC9D-421E-88DC-2E4CE41068F8.jpeg

666A5F94-1E23-4D57-BFEA-6969851CE029.jpeg

From your pics & posts looks like you enjoyed yourself! :) Hope to see you riding next season.

I see the L138 is still marked red tonight, (other than the obvious LOL) did anyone ever hear what the issue was? Is it red because the signage is non-existent or is the signage gone because the trail is closed?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, revrnd said:

From your pics & posts looks like you enjoyed yourself! :)

I see the L138 is still marked red tonight, (other than the obvious LOL) did anyone ever hear what the issue was? Is it red because the signage is non-existent or is the signage gone because the trail is closed?

It's signed, and groomed..

• Thanks 1