Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

11 minutes ago, signfan said:

Can anyone tell me where I could unload and leave the truck at tomorrow in the Mattice or Hearst area.  Looking for a staging spot for the day where rigs are allowed.

Not sure about Mattice, but lots of space behind the Shell in Hearst. Ask if you can & fuel up there. I think gas (regular) was only a cent more in Hearst than in Kap'.

Thanks.  I'll give them a ring.  Sounds like a good plan.

Had a lovely day here today.  40 km out of Kapuskasing headed towards Hearst and my wife tells me she hears a ticking noise from her sled.  Pull over and low and behold an orange stream is following her track.  Track tore, but didn't come apart completely.  Ticking she was hearing was two studs tearing through the front cooler with every spin.  So pulled her to a side road, doubled up back to the truck and went to pick up the sled.  2 up riding it is for the rest of the weekend.  Kap trails are great despite our luck.  Hopefully we have better luck with Hearst tomorrow.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, signfan said:

Thanks.  I'll give them a ring.  Sounds like a good plan.

Had a lovely day here today.  40 km out of Kapuskasing headed towards Hearst and my wife tells me she hears a ticking noise from her sled.  Pull over and low and behold an orange stream is following her track.  Track tore, but didn't come apart completely.  Ticking she was hearing was two studs tearing through the front cooler with every spin.  So pulled her to a side road, doubled up back to the truck and went to pick up the sled.  2 up riding it is for the rest of the weekend.  Kap trails are great despite our luck.  Hopefully we have better luck with Hearst tomorrow.

Oh no that sucks! How many klicks on the track?

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Lunch time. Not many pics today yet. It's just that good.  Really high pace today. L159. OMFG. Absolute epic perfection. :evil2::icon_steer::smil9::icon_steer:

20210313_132244.jpg

We were at the L163/L165 split and decided to do the western loop and it was awesome as well, maybe have to loop back tomorrow and try the L159

• Like 2

Nice night for a ride.Rode all the loops around Hearst today all in pretty good shape getting a little choppy by tonight 

712EC355-ABF9-426E-A1D3-8192DF754C06.jpeg

EBB984EB-E648-414E-AE14-9AA3AAB5382F.jpeg

19429466-EC7B-47EB-AA96-972C1ACCA4B3.jpeg

6768C73D-B7A3-42DD-BC11-A8D96ABBFC47.jpeg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Nice night for a ride.Rode all the loops around Hearst today all in pretty good shape getting a little choppy by tonight 

712EC355-ABF9-426E-A1D3-8192DF754C06.jpeg

Looks familiar...

@Techdenis007 Is there a location Ritchie? I dont recall seeing anything that would be called a hamlet or settlement along the trail.

28 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Is there a location Ritchie? I dont recall seeing anything that would be called a hamlet or settlement along the trail.

Lac Ritchie is straight north of Hearst Rev.

• Thanks 1

1049.... where are you riding tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Oh no that sucks! How many klicks on the track?

Not sure.  10,000 km at least.  They said it was a fairly new track when I bought the sled used with 18,000 km on it, but who knows if they were lying or not.  It's at 28,000 km now.  Other than this pull out and one other one the track looks really good.  Guess I should have known better.  Will be getting an ice ripper and a new exchanger.  Maybe new driveline bearings again as well.  Won't have this issue again.  Something to work on this summer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Lac Ritchie is straight north of Hearst Rev.

Just checked the maps & L159 goes right by it.

13 minutes ago, signfan said:

Not sure.  10,000 km at least.  They said it was a fairly new track when I bought the sled used with 18,000 km on it, but who knows if they were lying or not.  It's at 28,000 km now.  Other than this pull out and one other one the track looks really good.  Guess I should have known better.  Will be getting an ice ripper and a new exchanger.  Maybe new driveline bearings again as well.  Won't have this issue again.  Something to work on this summer.

Getting that work done now, 13,500 klicks on mine.

49 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

1049.... where are you riding tomorrow? 

Hornepayne spending the night down there 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1049 said:

I'm almost afraid to ask...

17 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I'm almost afraid to ask...

Agich,s Kaby kabins . Don’t worry I’m not staying at Uncles!!

Edited by 1049
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Agich,s Kaby kabins . Don’t worry I’m not staying at Uncles!!

Right on! Post a report on that. I hadn't heard of anyone staying @ Agich's. Too bad the hotel shut down. Looked pretty bleak when I was thru there a few summers ago...

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Right on! Post a report on that. I hadn't heard of anyone staying @ Agich's. Too bad the hotel shut down. Looked pretty bleak when I was thru there a few summers ago...

I’ve stayed there before there very nice cabins and the owners are great to get along with 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 1049 said:

We are riding to Hornpayne as well, leaving the super 8 at 9:30. We’ll have lunch at Cindys and then ride back to Hearst. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Re:Leaf said:

We are riding to Hornpayne as well, leaving the super 8 at 9:30. We’ll have lunch at Cindys and then ride back to Hearst. 

Probably see you on the way some where . Are you riding two Apex’s by chance?

Techdenis007 will be riding a yellow skidoo expedition 1200 with his GF Melanie. Sean will be riding a blue Yamaha sidewinder, and I’ll be on a red viper. Wave us down if you see us. 

197622A8-421E-4054-B8B8-96A528589A95.jpeg

63225064-3E21-41EE-B105-DF8FC20E58E1.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Little side note.  I will be doing a report on the Super 8 in kap. Once I am home..:icon_gunhead:

I can just imagine what your report is going to say. 

13 minutes ago, Re:Leaf said:

Techdenis007 will be riding a yellow skidoo expedition 1200 with his GF Melanie. Sean will be riding a blue Yamaha sidewinder, and I’ll be on a red viper. Wave us down if you see us. 

197622A8-421E-4054-B8B8-96A528589A95.jpeg

63225064-3E21-41EE-B105-DF8FC20E58E1.jpeg

Ok perfect  I know Denis well 

• Like 1

I've noticed a small business sign on TOP A (I think @ the L173) pointing south, so it would be in Hallebourg. Can anyone verify what the business is?