Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

1 minute ago, 1049 said:

Go for it .January is along ways off . Last year after the border closed we drove to Dubreuilville 14 hours for the last two days of riding Patrick called me and told us the trails were closing midnight Saturday the 21  a trip missed   Is one you will never get back !!!!!

Exactly.  And it's your fault BTW. You said we are overreacting...:lmao::rotflmao:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Super 8 is pretty full of OC members tonight.  More coming tomorrow...

Three more arrived just over an hour ago. Driving the trucks to Hearst in the am and riding from there next 4-5days. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blake G said:

I've had good luck with the BRP scratchers. I never need them until I need them. Twice this year so far. You can get them with or without the carbide tip. Need the tip.

Screenshot_20210310-151343_Gallery.jpg

Same as mine and I put dupont slides on too. Barely any wear on them

Only a tad at back 6”

of slide, where there is no insert. Should be good for 10,000 km’s I would Think. 

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Super 8, the Advantage,  Comfort Inn, etc. All decent.  

The Apollo too. Papa Francos and Chucks Roadhouse nearby both are doing dine in or take out. Had a Toppers pizza for the 1st time (delivery), pretty good!

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Super 8 and Advantage have good trail access..A trail is right behind Super 8, and across the road from The Advantage 

Comfort Inn, Apollo are across the road from TOP A as well.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The Apollo too. Papa Francos and Chucks Roadhouse nearby both are doing dine in or take out. Had a Toppers pizza for the 1st time (delivery), pretty good!

Stayed at the Apollo years ago, only because 'others' booked us there.  I'll sleep on my sled next time thanks. 

48 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Same as mine and I put dupont slides on too. Barely any wear on them

Only a tad at back 6”

of slide, where there is no insert. Should be good for 10,000 km’s I would Think. 

Not sure how many klicks on my Dupont. I put them on early in the 2nd season I had the sled. 13,500 klicks on it now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Stayed at the Apollo years ago, only because 'others' booked us there.  I'll sleep on my sled next time thanks. 

We never had any problems there, but when they closed the pool & then the hot tub w/ an accompanying rate increase each time, we looked elsewhere.

We've noticed the last few winters, little or no sledders staying there.

I've only stayed @ the Super 8 once (w/ SJ and @apeXMAN ) in 2016. Not thrilled about dealing w/ lugging gear up & down from an upper floor.

They charged us $119/night at the Comfort Inn, wont get there until late Thursday but forecast is looking ok for Kap and west

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

Not sure how many klicks on my Dupont. I put them on early in the 2nd season I had the sled. 13,500 klicks on it now.

That’s pretty good I was averaging about 2000 km’s on stock ones, went thru two sets and now have about 1500 km’s on duponts. You should check yours, since once inserts go they were fast apparantly. 

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Have fun to whoever is in kap.  This weekend.  Has to be one of my favorite place to stay and ride in ontario.  Post some pics whoever is up there.

Oh, I will be posting.  :right_on::icon_steer:...

Quite a few OC members here,  more coming today. Tomorrow night in Hearst at the Super 8, is going to be a full OC house..

Edited by Turbo Doo

Kinda messy in cochrane going to make a run for the truck and move it to Kap  today 

785E4260-96A9-4A57-8304-82DBDF533DC7.jpeg

Edited by 1049
  • Like 3

Anyone know of a good location in Kap to park if we trailer over there for the day?

24 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Kinda messy in cochrane going to make a run for the truck and move it to Kap  today 

785E4260-96A9-4A57-8304-82DBDF533DC7.jpeg

Postphoned   the trip till next week     have to keep an eye out on  the trail conditions       https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/c307cd6d-7570-4c7b-bb8f-55c714c86c49               to see how far we trailer    hopefully Cochrane will get better 

15 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

yup   still seeing who is in for next weekend   the longer drive may tell the tale   

I still want to get away next weekend but the extra drive to Kap may send me to quebec instead.   I will still probably end up in Cochrane as long as I can ride west towards Hearst. 

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 1