Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

4 hours ago, tricky said:

Thanks for the warning. In all the time I've sledded, I have never had scratchers. I hope to head north next Wednesday. Should I get Skidoo or aftermarket scratchers? 

Ski doo the ones Blake has they work great 

52 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We have spent the last few hours changing our plans around.  Kapuskasing bound now. 

Thanks for going to Kap I just took your room at westway Lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Why Kap over Cochrane? Weather not similar and a little farther drive?

fingers are crossed that I can get up north this weekend also.......

On the radar it’s showing more snow over Hearst and Kap region. Cochrane and SRF are more in the rain/freezing rain mix. Sure hope it doesn’t hurt things too badly. Leaving tomo for cochrane 

2 minutes ago, T bird said:

On the radar it’s showing more snow over Hearst and Kap region. Cochrane and SRF are more in the rain/freezing rain mix. Sure hope it doesn’t hurt things too badly. Leaving tomo for cochrane 

It’s raining in Cochrane now has been for about two hours not hard we rode in the rain for about a hour coming back from the canyon. Hopefully not much my truck is in Timmins was going to go get it and bring it up here but was starting to get wet though 

A group of my buddies just rolled into Cochrane this aft.   I can tell by the group chat, they arent feeling really good about the weather.   Luckily, they are heading towards Hearst and Hornepayne for a few days.   

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Are you guys on the timmies side, I think we seen your sleds...

Yes we are room 53

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

I've had good luck with the BRP scratchers. I never need them until I need them. Twice this year so far. You can get them with or without the carbide tip. Need the tip.

Screenshot_20210310-151343_Gallery.jpg

I have those installed on my Polaris

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottyr said:

A group of my buddies just rolled into Cochrane this aft.   I can tell by the group chat, they arent feeling really good about the weather.   Luckily, they are heading towards Hearst and Hornepayne for a few days.   

Should have drove to kap imo...

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

10 degree temp difference between kap and Cochrane 

If the rain would have held off a bit longer I was going to move my truck to Kap tonight hopefully tomorrow I can swim to it lol

Just got into Cochrane, pouring rain not looking great. Supposed to get colder tomorrow afternoon hopefully we can salvage this trip by Friday and Saturday.

2 minutes ago, sinc71 said:

Just got into Cochrane, pouring rain not looking great. Supposed to get colder tomorrow afternoon hopefully we can salvage this trip by Friday and Saturday.

Move over to kap imo..Snowing now, and better forecast.  Trails look alot better..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Why Kap over Cochrane? Weather not similar and a little farther drive?

I have been watching the weather forecasts for Timmins, Cochrane,Kap and Hearst like a hawk (Mark would say "worrying too much", but I am not the one that got wet thru today with my truck 100 km away). First the forecast for this week caused us to postpone until a week from today, and now its has us thinking of staging in Kap for reasons similar to Turbo Doo. I don't want us to drive all that way to ride icy trails. Until today, I didn't realize the potential weather difference between Cochrane and Kap, let alone Heast. According to TWN 30 minutes ago, it was +3 and raining in Cochrane and -3 and snowing in Kap. Cochrane isn't forecast to get any appreciable snow in the next week, but Hornepayne, Hearst and Kap are. Therefore, follow the white gold to Kap!!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tricky said:

I have been watching the weather forecasts for Timmins, Cochrane,Kap and Hearst like a hawk (Mark would say "worrying too much", but I am not the one that got wet thru today with my truck 100 km away). First the forecast for this week caused us to postpone until a week from today, and now its has us thinking of staging in Kap for reasons similar to Turbo Doo. I don't want us to drive all that way to ride icy trails. Until today, I didn't realize the potential weather difference between Cochrane and Kap, let alone Heast. According to TWN 30 minutes ago, it was +3 and raining in Cochrane and -3 and snowing in Kap. Cochrane isn't forecast to get any appreciable snow in the next week, but Hornepayne, Hearst and Kap are. Therefore, follow the white gold to Kap!!!  

Snowing now in Kap. They have been past the Super 8 twice with the salters and plows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

Snowing now in Kap. They have been past the Super 8 twice with the salters and plows. 

Encouraging news, thanks for the report, just canceled Mondays check in at the Westway and booked further west.