Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

Many people up there?   I wondered if it might be pretty quiet just because of the amount of green trails in Southern Ontario?    I normally would have been to Quebec or N Ontario at least 2x by now in a normal/low snow year. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:01 PM, blackjack1 said:

that'is great your safe,but between you and dad i'm pretty sure you can get the job done,would be funny if the two of you failed at that task:grin:

X2. Glad your okay Scott. Been sledding in your back yard twice this month. Interesting! Enjoy the north.

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

Many people up there?   I wondered if it might be pretty quiet just because of the amount of green trails in Southern Ontario?    I normally would have been to Quebec or N Ontario at least 2x by now in a normal/low snow year. 

Pretty quiet actually..

Edited by Turbo Doo

On 2/19/2021 at 11:48 AM, Turbo Doo said:

Woot woot

Boosted Turbos vs Poo 850s..:evil2:

Can't wait!!! what happens in the NCDN stays in the NCDN lol.

• Like 3

Sleds loaded and ready to go.   My dad and I are heading up to Cochrane on Wed.    Ride around Cochrane and do the  Canyon and then head over to Hearst and maybe get away from some of the traffic that is in Cochrane on the weekends.   

We were going to head to Quebec but the restaurants still being take out only kind of turned me off riding there.   I havent been to Cochrane in 3 years so its probably time to give it another run.   

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Sleds loaded and ready to go.   My dad and I are heading up to Cochrane on Wed.    Ride around Cochrane and do the  Canyon and then head over to Hearst and maybe get away from some of the traffic that is in Cochrane on the weekends.   

We were going to head to Quebec but the restaurants still being take out only kind of turned me off riding there.   I havent been to Cochrane in 3 years so its probably time to give it another run.   

Revrnd and I will be riding in the area for several days, starting next Saturday...staging from Kap for 5 days, but spending Saturday night at the Companion in Hearst.  Keep an eye out for a couple of almost identical Blizzards, and if you see us, stop and say hi.

• Like 4

We will probably be there on Sat night as well.    Black Renegade 850 and Lime Polaris 850.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Can't wait!!! what happens in the NCDN stays in the NCDN lol.

I read something similar to that on the old TC.com message board LOL

This pic came up on my FB memories from 3 years ago today.     I really liked that sled.    I wish Polaris made it today. 

1652F556-F24E-45A3-9643-1D5705D9DBBF.jpeg

Edited by scottyr
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Revrnd and I will be riding in the area for several days, starting next Saturday...staging from Kap for 5 days, but spending Saturday night at the Companion in Hearst.  Keep an eye out for a couple of almost identical Blizzards, and if you see us, stop and say hi.

1 Buzzard w/ white ski loops the other yellow. Watching the weather to see which w/s I have on the sled.

• Like 1

This was the week for this years annual trip. Instead, how about 12 years ago this past weekend. 

IMG_0813.JPG

Edited by Gadgetman
12 years ago
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Watch for a blue sidewinder and manta green 'doo .. 

Were in the area from Friday till wednesday (.. ish. )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, infernobuster said:

Watch for a blue sidewinder and manta green 'doo .. 

Were in the area from Friday till wednesday (.. ish. )

Will do!

• Like 1

Just now, revrnd said:

Will do!

We may not see you .. as sounds like you guys are headed hearst way. 

Were doing Cochrane/ canyon/smooth rock sunday .. staying in cochrane.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, infernobuster said:

We may not see you .. as sounds like you guys are headed hearst way. 

Were doing Cochrane/ canyon/smooth rock sunday .. staying in cochrane.

We likely will venture east. Hearst is just on the weekend. Then 3 days of riding out of Kap'.

• Like 1

Basecamp is saying the entire loop is closed to the canyon for Wednesday, on the book of feces. ;) plan accordingly. guessing they wont be there to fuel you up, if you decide to ignore the warning, and closure. your results may vary. Ski

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

Basecamp is saying the entire loop is closed to the canyon for Wednesday, on the book of feces. ;) plan accordingly. guessing they wont be there to fuel you up, if you decide to ignore the warning, and closure. your results may vary. Ski

Give the guys there a break. Its out of their control as to why the loop needs to be closed Wednesday.  Read this. I agree with them it should be closed for Wednesday.  

20210223_095136.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think @Re:Leaf would be up for the mileage challenge LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Give the guys there a break. Its out of their control as to why the loop needs to be closed Wednesday.  Read this. I agree with them it should be closed for Wednesday.  

20210223_095136.jpg

wasnt knocking, or mocking them, was more of a public service announcement, to help those plan for their ride around the closure. trying to keep everyone safe, and having good rides, & good memories. but, I see your point, I could have worded it a bit different.

Ski

Edited by skidooboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Essentially OPG is working on the damn crossing. Really don't need sledders to deal with during that work on Wednesday.  Its 1 day...

Exactly... just be happy they allow crossing the dam the rest of the year and say thank you. 

• Like 1

Just now, 02Sled said:

Exactly... just be happy they allow crossing the dam the rest of the year and say thank you. 

One of my co-workers was up there w/ a gang playing in the canyon. I guess 1 of them misjudged the top of the hill & went over the top & collided w/ a tree on the downhill. Somehow they were able to recover the sled & tow it out to the road.

The rider was OK, but no way could the sled be steered back to Cochrane. I guess some OPG guys came along & saw their predicament. They were told if they could get the sled over to a building, they could possibly help. Turns out they were able to straighten out the front end enough that he COULD ride it back.

• Like 4

Looking forward to the canyon for my first time .. 

revrnd and irreverent ..hopefully we can cross paths. Bob has my ride schedule and cell number .. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1