Kapuskasing and Hearst

andreyboater

Planning our trip, and need suggestion for best trails and scenic places around Kapuskasing and Hearst. Thanks

Not sure if you are looking for a place to stay in Hearst... We stayed last year at the Companion.. Heated Garage for the sleds and bar/restaurant on site.  5 minute walk to the LCBO.  We enjoyed our night there.  As sor the trails.. I absolutely loved L123 & L125 in Kap.  

Edited by rsykes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rsykes said:

Not sure if you are looking for a place to stay in Hearst... We stayed last year at the Companion.. Heated Garage for the sleds and bar/restaurant on site.  5 minute walk to the LCBO.  We enjoyed our night there.  As sor the trails.. I absolutely loved L123 & L125 in Kap.  

Restaurant not open for breakfast at Companion this year but there is grab and go continental in the lobby. Restaurant opens before lunch and closes earlier in the evening. Bar closes earlier as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

the companion and the queens are now both owned by the same owner. Ski

9 hours ago, rsykes said:

Nòoooooooo. Don't let out the L123 secret. :-). Actually, I think I have some L123 footage on my YouTube channel. apexltx56

Just a really sweet trail. The loops outside of Hearst are good also. Usually do a day trip from Hearst to Hornpayne and back, also very nice trail. also on footage posted I think. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Around Hearst the L153 to 161 to 159 is pretty nice and in fantastic shape.    

• Like 2

I took this picture on the L115 last year while riding with my son. 

4B91DF69-69ED-4C98-BEDC-A25B58D9DA0A.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We are at the Super 8 friday and Saturday night with Evil and company.  Will let you guys know what we think. In 2 weeks, we are at the companion inn for 2 nights.  

See you guys in a couple of weeks, Just booked our rooms,  2 nights in Kap, 2 nights in Hearst and 2 nights back in Kap. 

Have a great time!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Re:Leaf said:

I took this picture on the L115 last year while riding with my son. 

4B91DF69-69ED-4C98-BEDC-A25B58D9DA0A.jpeg

Trail looks AWESOME:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I am heading to Cochrane on Wed and will be staying in Hearst for the weekend if anyone is up there.    We were going to go this weekend but I was in a car accident on Wed and wrote my F150 off and scrambling to get some new wheels.   

Edited by scottyr
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am heading to Cochrane on Wed and will be staying in Hearst for the weekend if anyone is up there.    We were going to go this weekend but I was in a car accident on Wed and wrote my F150 off and scrambling to get some new wheels.   

Is that partly do to aluminum body? Heard nightmare to fix, So better to get a new set of wheels

anyways. Glad you are ok. Scary experience. I once did a complete 360 degree Spin on highway. Never hit anything or anyone and missed guard rail by inches, when I came to a stop on wrong side of two lane highway. Actually a Mircle

nothing was damaged snd no one else was around at time. Now never drive without snow tires. 

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

that'is great your safe,but between you and dad i'm pretty sure you can get the job done,would be funny if the two of you failed at that task:grin:

52 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

that'is great your safe,but between you and dad i'm pretty sure you can get the job done,would be funny if the two of you failed at that task:grin:

Haha.    My dad just bought a new Silverado so its going to be pulling a trailer to Cochrane on Wed.     Good way to break it in.   It doesnt even have 500kms on it yet.    

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Haha.    My dad just bought a new Silverado so its going to be pulling a trailer to Cochrane on Wed.     Good way to break it in.   It doesnt even have 500kms on it yet.    

Is the Cheby up to the task......

I think the usual breakin before towing is around 500km, if I am not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

We rode this section,  this afternoon.  There is logging in the area. Small section of plowed road,  nothing to worry about at all. 

Love / hate for the loggers....

With out them, sure would be a lot less trails.....but they can not be so trail friendly at times either.....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stoney said:

Is the Cheby up to the task......

I think the usual breakin before towing is around 500km, if I am not mistaken.

Love / hate for the loggers....

With out them, sure would be a lot less trails.....but they can not be so trail friendly at times either.....

I agree, but the section of L123 thats yellow is totally fine. Better then some green status trails of the south..

Just get off TOP A. Lots of tourists just run back & forth on it to put on the miles to & from Hearst & Cochrane. Last winter I led @irREVerent SJ & the rest across the top of L125. Even pushing snow for 6 miles @ 50+ was fun. I guess it has to replace the old stretch of TOP A south of Strickland. Those long time NCDN riders will know where I mean...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

Just get off TOP A. Lots of tourists just run back & forth on it to put on the miles to & from Hearst & Cochrane. Last winter I led @irREVerent SJ across the top of L125. Even pushing snow for 6 miles @ 50+ was fun. I guess it has to replace the old stretch of TOP A south of Strickland. Those long time NCDN riders will know where I mean...

Actually top A was spectacular friday. Really,  everything was. 

• Like 3