Timmins overnight parking

andreyboater

I'm going on a snowmobile trip in March, planning to travel to Timmins and leave a truck and trailer for 4 nights there. I'm looking for parking ideas? Thanks 

25 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I'm going on a snowmobile trip in March, planning to travel to Timmins and leave a truck and trailer for 4 nights there. I'm looking for parking ideas? Thanks 

Note that the driving time to Timmins is the same as driving to Cochrane, give or take a few mins (assumes using the 11). When we have staged out of Timmins, we stayed at the Super 8, and either parked behind the Casey's restaurant (permission seems to be up and down), or down by the back of the Super 8. Last year found out the Caseys is closed Sunday nights. I also see that the L27 is still showing as closed which makes getting to the Super 8 an issue. Also, which streets you can and can't snowmobile on to get around town is somewhat confusing.

I'd give some thought to just going to Cochrane.

Edited by Gadgetman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Note that the driving time to Timmins is the same as driving to Cochrane, give or take a few mins (assumes using the 11). When we have staged out of Timmins, we stayed at the Super 8, and either parked behind the Casey's restaurant (permission seems to be up and down), or down by the back of the Super 8. Last year found out the Caseys is closed Sunday nights. I also see that the L27 is still showing as closed which makes getting to the Super 8 an issue. Also, which streets you can and can't snowmobile on to get around town is somewhat confusing.

I'd give some thought to just going to Cochrane.

Great suggestion I think I will do your way. Thanks A lot

Plus I have seen the parking @ the Super 8. Random would be a nice description.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Plus I have seen the parking @ the Super 8. Random would be a nice description.

And the breakfast has become very "sad". I could eat better out of a MIL MRE. In 2008 I sat in that lobby Sunday morning watching the rest of the group leave as I tried to deal with the first blown 600SDI piston, over a holiday weekend. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

And the breakfast has become very "sad". I could eat better out of a MIL MRE. In 2008 I sat in that lobby Sunday morning watching the rest of the group leave as I tried to deal with the first blown 600SDI piston, over a holiday weekend. 

I dont know which reaction suits, the LOL for the MRE comment or SAD for the blown piston.

If you stage out of Timmins you can leave your rig at Cedar Meadows, but you will need to stay there for a night or two, call ahead and ask what their policies are. We did it two years ago with no issues

4 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

We will have to disagree on this one. We stayed there last March and the breakfast while basic was good enough considering we only paid $99.00 (senior rate) for our rooms. I wasn't expecting a big selection breakfast for that rate.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We will have to disagree on this one. We stayed there last March and the breakfast while basic was good enough considering we only paid $99.00 (senior rate) for our rooms. I wasn't expecting a big selection breakfast for that rate.

Yes, but it often has come down to what breakfast machine wasn't  broken, or what they haven't run out of. Having stayed there over a dozen times the last 20 years, if this year's trip had proceeded I was looking seriously had how to get to the Micro tel. The Sunday closing of Caseys is also a factor, as almost always Timmins is day 1 from New Liskeard, so a Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Yes, but it often has come down to what breakfast machine wasn't  broken, or what they haven't run out of. Having stayed there over a dozen times the last 20 years, if this year's trip had proceeded I was looking seriously had how to get to the Micro tel. The Sunday closing of Caseys is also a factor, as almost always Timmins is day 1 from New Liskeard, so a Sunday. 

I knew about Casey's. We always seem to be there on a Monday or a Thursday so not an issue for us. Think the first time we stayed there was inthe '06 to '08 timeframe. Location works well for us.

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I knew about Casey's. We always seem to be there on a Monday or a Thursday so not an issue for us. Think the first time we stayed there was inthe '06 to '08 timeframe. Location works well for us.

Well,  in 08 did you see a guy sitting in the lobby while his buds all left, and think WTF, or perhaps you helped that same guy push his sled into a trailer?

IMG_2128.JPG.a25e0e92804d811bc7d572d26a875b14.jpeg

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Well,  in 08 did you see a guy sitting in the lobby while his buds all left, and think WTF, or perhaps you helped that same guy push his sled into a trailer?

IMG_2128.JPG.a25e0e92804d811bc7d572d26a875b14.jpeg

I think you've posted that pic before. The Microtel is on the west side isn't it? I'm thinking there should be access from TOP C thru the big field thats behind Wallymart & the other businesses.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

I think you've posted that pic before. The Microtel is on the west side isn't it? I'm thinking there should be access from TOP C thru the big field thats behind Wallymart & the other businesses.

You're right Rev. We are typically going north on C or east to the A trail so find that corner of the city convenient for a quick exit in the morning and we do like Casey's.

9 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

I remenber seeing this pic when you posted it but I don't think we were there at the same time. It was actually Saturday January 26th that we stayed there that year.