Parry Sound / North Bay Health Region trail closures may be a farce..

Puggz

While heading up to Ville Marie for a week of sledding I noticed that the trails around North Bay were groomed and were being used. Started to think that this is just a farce to keep the southern citiots away.. 

I've always loved the run between South River and Point a Baril so I may give them a look on the way back to KW.

As there are a large number of yellow and green trails available province wide, the HR should open the trails anyways to at least give the locals somewhere to ride. 

P.

The clubs are allowed to maintain the trail surface during lockdowns. For Safety and emergency services. 

Closed is closed. 

No farce, just people not abiding by the Public health lockdown orders ...

Must be nice to head up for a week.. will also be heading that way soon, keep us posted on your trip.. 

10 hours ago, WinderFab said:

Must be nice to head up for a week.. will also be heading that way soon, keep us posted on your trip.. 

I'll be posting a report on food and lodging when I get back.

• Like 1

The Parry Sound Area Chamber of Commerce is calling for the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit’s Medical Officer of Health to provide the stats behind his decision to extend the lockdown in the Health Unit’s region.

On Friday, the Health Unit confirmed that the Stay-at-Home order along with the shutdown would remain in effect for the region until February 22nd, 2021, joining Toronto, Peel, and York regions.

In a joint letter sent today to Dr. Jim Chirico, PSACC President Gail Burrows and Executive Director Christy Cafovski on behalf of the Chamber, formally requested “empirical data to support the continued lockdown of our community”.

https://radioworkzparrysound.com/2021/02/16/parry-sound-area-chamber-of-commerce-calling-for-data-from-the-health-unit-justifying-extended-lockdown/

Not a farce.

We are keeping up with semi-regular grooming.....and yes some people are trespassing and running closed trails anyways, which makes the whole thing even more frustrating.

Was up at our hunt camp shoveling off the roof last weekend in the NB health unit.  Only seen maybe a dozen sleds over 3 days.  Did see an idiot in a Dodge ram stuck on the trail heading into our property though.  No visible trail permit, lol.

• Haha 1