5+ WEEKS OF OPEN TRAILS AND COUNTING

Our St. Clements trails have been open for more than 5 weeks. I'm told it may have been 8 years since our trails have been open that long in a season and its still snowing!

Thank you to our Groomer Captain Darrell Sauder and the groomer operators for doing so much with so little snow. 

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Our St. Clements trails have been open for more than 5 weeks. I'm told it may have been 8 years since our trails have been open that long in a season and its still snowing!

Thank you to our Groomer Captain Darrell Sauder and the groomer operators for doing so much with so little snow. 

Trails haven’t been opened 5 weeks in st clements area yet. Milverton just opened 3 weeks ago and st clements was still closed when I went over there to ride. Last week of January. I think you trailered to Atwood for a ride around that time too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

miles of smiles !!:D

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Trails haven’t been opened 5 weeks in st clements area yet. Milverton just opened 3 weeks ago and st clements was still closed when I went over there to ride. Last week of January. I think you trailered to Atwood for a ride around that time too. 

Well, our trailmaster asked me to open the gates of the horse field across the road on Friday Jan. 8th at 2:58PM and the groomer went past at 10:19PM to groom the last of the trails. I believe the Map changed to yellow for some of our trails by the following morning. 

52 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Well, our trailmaster asked me to open the gates of the horse field across the road on Friday Jan. 8th at 2:58PM and the groomer went past at 10:19PM to groom the last of the trails. I believe the Map changed to yellow for some of our trails by the following morning. 

:right_on:

• 2 weeks later...

St. Clements trails are all closed. If the weather predictions hold, we are probably done for the season. We had 7 awesome weeks of riding those trails this year. Thanks to the groomer operators, club volunteers and everyone that makes the rides possible!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

St. Clements trails are all closed. If the weather predictions hold, we are probably done for the season. We had 7 awesome weeks of riding those trails this year. Thanks to the groomer operators, club volunteers and everyone that makes the rides possible!

Our best season in at least 8 years and not one nickel profit made through the clubhouse. Shame.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Thanks for letting us ride thru your property again this season. I rode a few times thru there this year. Only track I seen off trail was yours to shed I think. Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Our best season in at least 8 years and not one nickel profit made through the clubhouse. Shame.

What a shame indeed. Guessing thats the last season for that building, with the property being sold..

Edited by Turbo Doo

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah that’s terrible. At least parking passes brought in abit of revenue. Maybe next year will be better with covid restrictions. Any wings on Friday you think? 

I got a call from the prez last week asking my thought. I said I was game to go but I see several problems.

One, if the weather holds, what would we do with sledders in the parking lot?

Two, if the weather doesn't hold then the parking lot will be a mess.

Three, how many wings could we sell to make it worth while?

I believe its been cancelled but I never heard anything official.

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

What a shame indeed. Guessing thats the last season for that building, with the property being sold..

I was told we have another year yet so we hope to be back in business next October.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I got a call from the prez last week asking my thought. I said I was game to go but I see several problems.

One, if the weather holds, what would we do with sledders in the parking lot?

Two, if the weather doesn't hold then the parking lot will be a mess.

Three, how many wings could we sell to make it worth while?

I believe its been cancelled but I never heard anything official.

I was told we have another year yet so we hope to be back in business next October.

Where will club go after next season is complete? Too community centre or plc’s man shed since it is right on trail. Hint hint! 
Be sad to see it go, but I guess all good things come to an end and things change. 

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where will club go after next season is complete? Too community centre or plc’s man shed since it is right on trail. Hint hint! 
Be sad to see it go, but I guess all good things come to an end and things change. 

Its been discussed but no decision has been made. the 2 most probable options are we will join the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club or we will go no where (give up our independent status and join the district as a chapter as most clubs have done in resent years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Its been discussed but no decision has been made. the 2 most probable options are we will join the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club or we will go no where (give up our independent status and join the district as a chapter as most clubs have done in resent years.

Wow. Wishing the club all the best in the coming years..

• Like 1